United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello Everyone,

I would appreciate prayer for my marriage. There has been hurt and misunderstandings prior to my husband and I getting married recently. A couple years ago, I started writing to international pen pals again on a photo blog app and I would tease my then fiancee fiancee with how many "fans" that I had. He then became jealous and he asked if he could add one of my best girlfriends on Facebook and for the past two years he has been emailing her. Shortly before our wedding and recently forgetting that I had already done this before while on my period and having a ROCD episode I ended up trying to look up his former best friend's Facebook thinking about how unreliable my husband has been even shortly before our wedding where he ran off for a few days after I tried coming to him for support and honestly told him that I had looked up his former friend, and didn't find him. I tried to explain my thinking and felt that our marriage was in trouble before it even started. He began to ignore me, so I suggested that I live with my parents for a few days to a week so that he could cool down and have a chance to think. He didn't want that so, I didn't leave. Now, I'm facing a repeat problem, but I'm too afraid to talk to him about it, since I don't want a repeat of how he treated me last time. I know that I have made mistakes and tried to get my husband to try to stop talking to one of my best friends since I discovered after we moved in together that he was talking to her more often then what he had been telling me and kept down playing how often they talk to each other. There are also times that I wonder if they are talking on the phone to each other when I'm not there, though I have no proof.

God bless you all, prayers are definitely appreciated.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,996.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praying as you requested.

You may want to see if there's a Marriage Encounter offered in your area. Also, encourage you to watch "Marriage Today." Their website marriagetoday.com/category/tv-episodes/ has probably 60 free episodes including "What a man really needs" and 'What a woman really needs" by Jimmy Evan's ministries. All teachings are Biblically based. Plus there's books, videos, etc. Additionally, there's hundreds of "Marriage Today" episodes on youtube.

• Friendly
Reactions: Heartofsilver
Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You may want to see if there's a Marriage Encounter offered in your area. Also, encourage you to watch "Marriage Today." Their website marriagetoday.com/category/tv-episodes/ has probably 60 free episodes including "What a man really needs" and 'What a woman really needs" by Jimmy Evan's ministries. All teachings are Biblically based. Plus there's books, videos, etc. Additionally, there's hundreds of "Marriage Today" episodes on youtube.
Thank God and thank you for the prayers and recommendations Ttrurt! :D

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Oh and I was wondering is this Marriage Encounter's website?

Worldwide Marriage Encounter – Experiences for Married Couples

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It looks like it. Ours was at a hotel over a weekend. No children or other family members allowed. It was very helpful for our relationship. Maybe your pastor would know about local sessions.

Oh ok, I see. Thank you for letting me know. I wanted to make sure that I had the right one. Oh ok, I see. Maybe I can ask via email, since our pastors are always busy.

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Praying for the health and healing of your marriage. Sounds like you both need to take a social media break and concentrate on one another.
Hey Mitchie,
It has been awhile! How have you been? Thank God and thank you for your prayers. Yes, we definitely could use a break. I also wanted to get into doing more date nights again. ^_^

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,665,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey Mitchie,
It has been awhile! How have you been? Thank God and thank you for your prayers. Yes, we definitely could use a break. I also wanted to get into doing more date nights again. ^_^
Sounds like a good plan!!:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaveHTexas

Dec 23, 2016
League City, TX
✟39,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If I read this right, it sounds like both of you are contributing here. Not faulting anyone per se, but there are directions being taken by the both of you that are not healthly for your marriage...

If your husband is open to it, and if he is an earnest believer, PLEASE seek out a good Christian counselor, and solid Christian men for him, and women for you that will hold you accountable for your marriage.

Malachi 2:16 "For I hate divorce" says the Lord,

Father, I feel the hurt of this sister in her request for prayer, and the desperation to make things right. In our foolishness we take things out of your hands where they are well protected, guarded, and guided and mess them up on our own. I ask that both this sister and her husband be willing, and motivated to put their whole lives, including any external relationships in your hands, that they build a wall of protection around their marriage and their relationship with each other and you. Father we know the things you hate is because you hate how it damages us, your children, you know the soul deep sorrow that divorce causes to everyone, the couple, their friends, and family, and even their church. And Father I know the evil one has plans to kill and destroy. I trust in this situation that you put an end to the plans of the deceiver, that you work in this situation to not only have this couple survive this, but to thrive, and come out better, stronger, deeper in love with each other than ever before, and closer to you than they ever thought possible.

Amen.

Upvote 0

Shelvin Gaiseb

Apr 4, 2022
Windhoek
✟8,339.00
Country
Namibia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just by reading your post, I can discern that your problem is not that great. But by teasing your then-fiancee I think you triggered something in him.

Pray for your marriage. Pray for your husband and pray for yourself.

Practical things you can do for your marriage are, show your husband kindness, and be humbled towards him. Humility destroys pride with devastating effects.
Show off to your husband the amazing awesome beautiful woman he married. The same way you teased him with how popular you can be, tease him now with submissions and servitude, but do this with prayer and the word.

The same way you set him loose, the same way you will get him back. That's just what i discerned when reading your post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums