Pray for my marriage.

fireun8

May 12, 2006
✟7,625.00
Faith
Christian
Hello everyone I am asking everyone if they would pray for my marriage. Me and my wife for 10 years are now seperated for 3 weeks now. I have sinned and now have found god and have recently became saved. I have sexual addictions( that include inappropriate content,chat ect.) also i have anger problems with my family. I have been a bit controling and a geolous husband. I think with prayers, and counciling we can work though this and make out marriage a healthy growing one better than ever. But she says it is too late i had chances to change and seek help before but she never pushed the issue like now. I on the otherhand think that i have hurt her so bad that she can not see the feelings to save our marriage. we are both going to counciling. But she is not saved and doesnt have a personal relationship with christ. So i ask if you would to please pray for me, my wife, and my family to work through these hardships that i have caused. thank you

Battle Maiden

Feb 4, 2006
Shropshire, Midlands
✟1,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
:pray::bow::amen:

Lord I lift up fireun8 marriage to you and ask for reconcellation to begin, Lord build the bridges and restore what the locusts have eaten. Pour you love into both this couples hearts. I pray for your protection over this marriage and do not allow the enemy come to rob, steal the work of your hands.

Battle Maiden

Upvote 0

Singing4MyJesus

May 10, 2006
Tillamook, Oregon
✟7,684.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
fireun8 said:
Hello everyone I am asking everyone if they would pray for my marriage. Me and my wife for 10 years are now seperated for 3 weeks now. I have sinned and now have found god and have recently became saved. I have sexual addictions( that include inappropriate content,chat ect.) also i have anger problems with my family. I have been a bit controling and a geolous husband. I think with prayers, and counciling we can work though this and make out marriage a healthy growing one better than ever. But she says it is too late i had chances to change and seek help before but she never pushed the issue like now. I on the otherhand think that i have hurt her so bad that she can not see the feelings to save our marriage. we are both going to counciling. But she is not saved and doesnt have a personal relationship with christ. So i ask if you would to please pray for me, my wife, and my family to work through these hardships that i have caused. thank you

I would like to share this prayer with you and I'll add my own at the end. My husband and I went through this just a few years back...though I was saved and he was not. Don't give up on your wife...I prayed for 12 years before he accepted Christ and turned from some of the same things. It is awesome that you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior. Find a male accountability partner for yourself.

++++++++++++++++++++

Father, in the name of Jesus, we bring this man and woman before You. We pray and confess Your Word over them, and as we do, we use our faith, believing that Your Word will come to pass.

There we pray and confess that they will let all bitterness, indignation, wrath, passion, rage, bad temper, resentment, brawling, clamor, contention, slander, abuse, evil speaking or blasphemous language be banished from them; also all malice, spite, ill will or baseness of any kind. We pray that they have become useful and helpful and kind to each other, tenderhearted, compassionate, understanding, lovinghearted, forgiving one another readily and freely as You Father, in Christ, forgave them.

Therefore, they will be imitators of You, God. They will copy You and follow Your example as well-beloved children imitate their father. They will walk in love, esteeming and delighting in one another as Christ loved them and gave Himself up for them, a slain offering and sacrifice to You God, so that it became a sweet fragrance.

Satan, we render you helpless in your activities in the lives of this couple. We come against th spirit of separation and divorce, and we loose you from your assingment against them. Satan, your power is broken from their marriage in the name of Jesus.

Father, we thank You that they will be constantly renewed in the spirit of their minds having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude. They have put on the the new nature and are created in God's image in true righteousness and holiness. They ahve come to their senses and escaped out of the snare of the devil who has held them captive and henceforth will do Your will, which is that they love one another with the God kind of love, united in total peace and harmony and happiness.

Thank You for Your answer, Lord. We knw it is done now in the name of Jesus.

Scripture References:
Ephesians 4:31-32; Ephesians 5:1-2; Matthew 18:18; Ephesians 4:23-24; 2 Timothy 2:26

Prayer taken from Volume One, Prayers That Avail Much

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Father, we thank you that this husband has taken the most important step of his life in seeking You as his Lord and Savior. We call his wife into relationship with You. Lord, open her eyes and turn her from darkness to light, from the power of satan to God so that she may receive the forgiveness of sins and that she may be sanctified by her faith in You. Bring her into right relationship with You Lord. Let her see true repentance in her husband's eyes for what he has done. Lord, I also ask that You take all desire for such things as this man expressed away and give him a full hunger and desire for the things of You Lord. Lord, I ask this in Jesus name! Amen and Amen.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Deborah

Upvote 0

HeIsMyKing!

Mar 29, 2005
✟292.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Marriage is a fragile thing. My husband and I have been married 6 years. There have been times that I am on my knees for days praying for my marriage. God has always given me strength! he is not the God of divorce, so keep faith and praying!

I pray that your marriage will be restored!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums