Baton Rouge, Louisiana
✟15,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My husband is a non practicing Catholic. He was raised in the Catholic church when he was very young, but hasn't been in many years. I am a Christian, and every time I try to approach the subject of if he has ever actually accepted Jesus as His personal Lord and Savior, he becomes almost uneasy. He seems to shy away from even speaking about our Lord. I am under the impression that he believes when he was sprinkled with water as an infant, that he was automatically inducted into God's Kingdom, THE END. I understand that these things were never talked about with his family when he was young. I don't want to be too pushy with him, and I know he believes that Jesus did in fact exist. Please join me in prayer that he (Ryan) has the Holy Spirit move within him and that he accepts Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior :prayer:

Thank you so much, and if you have any advice on how I could approach this with him gently, it would be much appreciated! God bless.

Joy

Purple Hyacinth

John 3:16
Mar 8, 2013
San Fran Bay Area
✟7,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My husband is a non practicing Catholic. He was raised in the Catholic church when he was very young, but hasn't been in many years. I am a Christian, and every time I try to approach the subject of if he has ever actually accepted Jesus as His personal Lord and Savior, he becomes almost uneasy. He seems to shy away from even speaking about our Lord. I am under the impression that he believes when he was sprinkled with water as an infant, that he was automatically inducted into God's Kingdom, THE END. I understand that these things were never talked about with his family when he was young. I don't want to be too pushy with him, and I know he believes that Jesus did in fact exist. Please join me in prayer that he (Ryan) has the Holy Spirit move within him and that he accepts Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior :prayer:

Thank you so much, and if you have any advice on how I could approach this with him gently, it would be much appreciated! God bless.

Joy
I was in a similiar situation about 15 years ago. I was not a Christian when we got married, but became one afterwards. I would then "bug" my husband to get saved. He too was a non-practicing Catholic. I asked the same question to my prayer group women that I am going to now give to you....

You need to be an example to him. Don't talk about it, or bug him any longer. PRAY like crazy! PRAY PRAY PRAY for him. Believe it or not, it took 18 years for my husband to become a Christian and 18 years of me praying!

Really...that is all you can do. It will happen in Gods time

Upvote 0

JCLover779

Sep 14, 2012
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'll second that. I am saying prayers for you and your husband.

My husband was not a believer when we married. I didn't talk about my faith with him, but he did become one because of how I lived. I don't deserve accolades because I was some fabulous Christian or anything, it's just how it worked out. It would have pushed him away if it had been words. It took many years.

I would NOT make this about his Catholic heritage, although I understand why you are mentioning it here. That will make him defensive. My family is Catholic, and they are Christian. I enjoy attending Mass with them from time to time. Many people brought up in Protestant churches also have not been saved.

Upvote 0