✟8,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,
I am new to Christian Forums and my road as a Christian has been a long and difficult one. Please pray for my health. I have severe, debilitating depression. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder many years ago. I recently discovered that the depression medication which I have taken for years is destroying my health. They are now realizing that long term use of these drugs is very problematic. No surprise there I guess.
I had to stop taking this poison...because the drugs are ultimately poison in the long run.
Please pray for me. The symptoms have such a profound effect on my ability to function well. I am exhausted and completely overwhelmed. I can barely work 20-25 hours per week. I am very frightened for the future. Thank you everyone.
Jack871

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm very sorry to hear you're going through this... Depression is very frustrating and easily misunderstood by those who don't struggle with it.

I have occasional bouts of depression which, like you, can leave me feeling exhausted and unable to do anything much. For myself, it's usually a feeling of rejection that triggers it. The other day at work two women in the office were talking about a new restaurant going in nearby and it just happened to be the exact same restaurant I was talking to my parents about a few days earlier. So I tried to join the conversation and said "Oh, I think I know what place you're talking about!" They looked at me and continued talking like I wasn't there... :sigh: That's the kind of thing that triggers depression for me. Suddenly I could barely concentrate on my work and was one step away from just driving home and going to bed.

Have you been able to identify any specific triggers for yourself? Since I've identified some of my own, I've been able to recognize when it's coming and ask myself things like "Okay, Messerve, why are you feeling so down all of a sudden? What's causing it?" And then I think back through my recent interactions with other people, decisions I made recently, ways in which I feel like I've let people down, etc. Once I've identified the specific thing that triggered it, I can then say to myself "Oh, so it's that comment Sarah made that made you feel like you'll be single the rest of your life. Is Sarah's opinion representative of every woman? Of course not! It's time to move on."

Anyway, I pray your depression will subside or you will find a better way to manage it or perhaps a medicine that's safer than the last.

You don't have to fear for the future. God saw all this long before it happened. I see that you're married. Has your spouse been able to help support you financially and emotionally?

Upvote 0