New Jersey
✟17,202.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My mom is 57 and we just found out she had cancer and it is everywhere it does not look good. Our biggest concern is for her salvation she believes in God and has been looking for a church. I don't however think she really gets it has genuinely repented or committed or asked God for forgiveness and salvation. No doubt that is a necessary but awkward conversation we need to have. Pray also for her emotion and that she would find peace in Christ. Healing would be great but it is secondary especially considering how bad it looks

Chaplain David

CF Chaplain
Nov 26, 2007
USA
✟284,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My mom is 57 and we just found out she had cancer and it is everywhere it does not look good. Our biggest concern is for her salvation she believes in God and has been looking for a church. I don't however think she really gets it has genuinely repented or committed or asked God for forgiveness and salvation. No doubt that is a necessary but awkward conversation we need to have. Pray also for her emotion and that she would find peace in Christ. Healing would be great but it is secondary especially considering how bad it looks

Hello,
I'm sorry about your mom. This is hard for all of you. I've been on both sides of the cancer fence. Have the conversation with your mom. It doesn't have to be long. But ask her if she's accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior. You might say that you want her to be in heaven with you. Ask her if you can pray for her.

These thoughts will percolate in her heart and mind. Pray that she will embrace Christ before death. One thing I can tell you is that we don't know everything that a person decides or thinks about when they are seriously ill.

Don't lose hope. Praise God for all that He's done in your lives. Remember, He's in charge. Be there for your mom. God bless all of you.

Faithfully,
CH Sacerdote

:groupray:

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

She believes in God...what does she think about the Savior?

Instead of asking her and possibly insulting her, why not just add to what she knows and read from scriptures (specifically the parts of the Gospel that Jesus died for HER and that she's redeemed). Sing songs about our redemption and forgiveness. Do devotions with her about sins being forgiven at the cross.

All those things will help your mom grow in her faith and give her assurance that God will never leave her. :)

Prayers for your family.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Bless yer heart. Praying for your precious mom, that God intervenes and ministers as only He can, and praying for you and your loved ones.

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I will be praying for you and your family. This is such a tough situation. My heart goes out to you and your family. I experienced something similar in a way and it can be tough but I will be praying for peace and your mother's salvation. You've said she believes in God so that is very positive....good start.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm sorry to hear that about your mom! I pray that she has assurance in her salvation, and that God's love and mercy will make themselves known! :pray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.