United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I caught my mother on the phone with my great uncle telling him absolute lies about me (he has dementia so he doesn't know any better than to take her for her word) and both of them were talking about kicking me out onto the streets so that I'll "pick myself up by the bootstraps" and learn to get over my disabilities and chronic illnesses and "act like a regular person instead of like all those other sick people".

I confronted her on it and come to find out, she's been talking about me like this to my great uncle for months and has been going to literally all these people we know and saying the same things about me to make me look bad in the eyes of other people, even lying and saying that I have no job and I don't pay for anything (which is an outright lie. I have a job and I pay for all my own medical bills and the internet bill and gas bill). And yet she suddenly is "all about God" and wants to do right by God. But she should know that gossiping and lying are sins!

I'm so angry with her I could just spit. But I am under her thumb because I would have nowhere else to go. Please pray that she stops this behavior and that she doesn't throw me out on the streets like she wants to. I would not survive on the streets with my chronic illnesses and disabilities. I'd rather be dead.

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Abba Yahuah, Breathe Your Life into this situation and remind @derpytia that You Are her Peace Right Now...and through every storm, for You Speak and the wind and waves hush their noise in Yahshua ha Mashiach's Name, Amen.

• Friendly
Reactions: derpytia
Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I caught my mother on the phone with my great uncle telling him absolute lies about me (he has dementia so he doesn't know any better than to take her for her word) and both of them were talking about kicking me out onto the streets so that I'll "pick myself up by the bootstraps" and learn to get over my disabilities and chronic illnesses and "act like a regular person instead of like all those other sick people".

I confronted her on it and come to find out, she's been talking about me like this to my great uncle for months and has been going to literally all these people we know and saying the same things about me to make me look bad in the eyes of other people, even lying and saying that I have no job and I don't pay for anything (which is an outright lie. I have a job and I pay for all my own medical bills and the internet bill and gas bill). And yet she suddenly is "all about God" and wants to do right by God. But she should know that gossiping and lying are sins!

I'm so angry with her I could just spit. But I am under her thumb because I would have nowhere else to go. Please pray that she stops this behavior and that she doesn't throw me out on the streets like she wants to. I would not survive on the streets with my chronic illnesses and disabilities. I'd rather be dead.

How can she change unless you tell her she is sinning?

She does not see her sins and its up to you to point them out.

In a loving way.

I'm praying for you.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
How can she change unless you tell her she is sinning?

She does not see her sins and its up to you to point them out.

In a loving way.

I'm praying for you.

That's way too dangerous for me at the moment. She has anger issues and reacts in a volatile way emotionally (and on rare occasions, physically) when others or myself point out what she has done or is doing that is wrong.

Thank you for your prayers.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Praying for your safety and God to provide all your shelter means, food, etc.

The street is not a kind place and I hope you never have to experience that.

God will provide and will not let us down. But I can definately understand and relate to worrying.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
That's way too dangerous for me at the moment. She has anger issues and reacts in a volatile way emotionally (and on rare occasions, physically) when others or myself point out what she has done or is doing that is wrong.

Then you need to move away, save money and move.

• Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Then you need to move away, save money and move.

You really should refrain from giving advice like this when you don't know the ins and outs of my situation.

This is a prayer thread. I asked for prayers, not advice.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I understand your dilemma and will pray for you.

Do your best to not ruffle her feathers; she probably behaves that way to elicit sympathy from others. I don't think she'll actually kick you out unless you make her very angry.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You really should refrain from giving advice like this when you don't know the ins and outs of my situation.

This is a prayer thread. I asked for prayers, not advice.

I am praying for you but when you make us, the public worried for you that you might be hurt in a way, and this is the impression you give, then How is telling you to move bad adice?

Well, I pray you can fix your situation.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am praying for you but when you make us, the public worried for you that you might be hurt in a way, and this is the impression you give, then How is telling you to move bad adice?

I think Daniel is right in terms of praying for your temporary provision/ protection, as well as for a practical solution in the long term.

May God constantly be by your side to care for you, that you will always have a roof over your head.

May you be the recipient of this promise of His: "I will never leave you nor forsake you" (Deut. 31:6).

Bless you, derpytia. :rose:

• Friendly
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

I NEVER said it was bad advice. Merely that it was against the Statement of Purpose for this part of the forums. However, if I wanted anyone's advice, I know where to put my OP (the Christian Advice section). But all I really wanted in this instance is prayers. That's why I put it here.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord bless derpytia, and this prayer, heal from chronic illness, and disabilities, and bless derpytia's life. Lord let derpytia's mother have good thoughts, and good ways to deal, and bring good changes in derpytia's life. Please bless them both, let derpytia, be never be on streets, but stay with mother, and glorify your name. Lord bless this prayer, in Jesus glorious name, Amen!

Upvote 0