• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Pray for me

Corinthi

Peace
Feb 26, 2019
Heaven
✟19,873.00
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for me I'm a sinner and depressed. Cannot read and just started to. Haunted by everything. Pretending to my family I'm ok.

I have sinned and I cannot find God. I pray and cannot hear. Cannot understand the Bible, so how will I know.

Want the pain to end.

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Think of God as one who doesn't hide from you, as if you're supposed to use tricks to find Him. No, He finds you, he finds us and we will grow in the spirit little by little. We're all sinners. It's not just something we say, it's something most of us experience too. But that's why Christ came. That's why He is so precious. I hope you stop staring at yourself and your failures, and start looking at the reinvigorating grace of God which will not only stop at where you are, but will continue to work through you as well. We can have it by faith, and believing it can be the hardest thing to do. For me it's a decision, even when I cannot feel it. All of this is a process, how we come to understand God and walk in the spirit. It's His process, He will do it for/in us, and we can have hope in His name.

In my depression and spiritual stumbling, I often saw God as wrath and wrath only, and I saw myself as someone who was competing against an angry Christ who demands perfection from someone who isn't even close to being good, let alone perfect. "God is love" was just a bunch of words for me that I really didn't believe. It's easy to feel like that, it's even easy to interpret the Bible like that when the darkness of depression and fear rules over us. But I let go of that. I no longer compete against Christ, but I lean on Him to help me. Yes, even when I've sinned. He is a savior. I think of Him as the source of everything good, everything hopeful. So whenever I stumble or even fall down on my face and absolutely fail as a spiritual person, I look at His goodness and thank Him for doing what He did on the cross. It keeps me humble, it takes burdens away from me that I cannot carry, and I can breathe. I can have hope, I can believe in His grace and - God help me in this - let it work through me for others as well. It's not about me being perfect in order to get His acceptance, It's about Him being already perfect, a perfect sacrifice from a perfect God for the good of imperfect people. I can and should pray to Him as I am with no pretenses, and ask for His will to be done in and through me.

Praying for you sister.

Upvote 0

Corinthi

Peace
Feb 26, 2019
Heaven
✟19,873.00
Country
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
"Jesus, King of Love, I trust in Your Merciful Goodness!"

When drowning in depression, this tiny prayer helps me! Just take baby steps, dear. Will pray!
Thank you for you kind words, I will try. Stay blessed

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Corinthi

Peace
Feb 26, 2019
Heaven
✟19,873.00
Country
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Think of God as one who doesn't hide from you, as if you're supposed to use tricks to find Him. No, He finds you, he finds us and we will grow in the spirit little by little. We're all sinners. It's not just something we say, it's something most of us experience too. But that's why Christ came. That's why He is so precious. I hope you stop staring at yourself and your failures, and start looking at the reinvigorating grace of God which will not only stop at where you are, but will continue to work through you as well. We can have it by faith, and believing it can be the hardest thing to do. For me it's a decision, even when I cannot feel it. All of this is a process, how we come to understand God and walk in the spirit. It's His process, He will do it for/in us, and we can have hope in His name.

In my depression and spiritual stumbling, I often saw God as wrath and wrath only, and I saw myself as someone who was competing against an angry Christ who demands perfection from someone who isn't even close to being good, let alone perfect. "God is love" was just a bunch of words for me that I really didn't believe. It's easy to feel like that, it's even easy to interpret the Bible like that when the darkness of depression and fear rules over us. But I let go of that. I no longer compete against Christ, but I lean on Him to help me. Yes, even when I've sinned. He is a savior. I think of Him as the source of everything good, everything hopeful. So whenever I stumble or even fall down on my face and absolutely fail as a spiritual person, I look at His goodness and thank Him for doing what He did on the cross. It keeps me humble, it takes burdens away from me that I cannot carry, and I can breathe. I can have hope, I can believe in His grace and - God help me in this - let it work through me for others as well. It's not about me being perfect in order to get His acceptance, It's about Him being already perfect, a perfect sacrifice from a perfect God for the good of imperfect people. I can and should pray to Him as I am with no pretenses, and ask for His will to be done in and through me.

Praying for you sister.
Thank you stay blessed

Upvote 0