• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Pray for me!

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by dabro, Mar 17, 2019.

1. dabro

dabro A child of the living God.

+841
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Guys since 08 I struggled with smoking.

It has been a great struggle since I always deal with anxiety.

My smoking has increased and I can’t seem to stop this stronghold.

Can anyone give me advice or show how the Lord has delivered you?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tone

Tone Star Fish Radiant Supporter

+2,589
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I've heard that smoking increases anxiety.

Do you exercise regularly? I have seen that physical fitness is a huge motivator to abstain from smoking or even from eating a poor diet.

3. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,601
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Hi, Dabro :) It is good to see you; thank you for sharing this with us :)

You say anxiety is part of what is driving your smoking. So . . . we should know what the Bible says about anxiety. And beating anxiety might do you more deep good, than just stopping the smoking.

Do both! :)

But God is committed to changing us so anxiety can't degrade and discourage us and drive us the wrong way. So, yes pray.

Also, I would say, see what things you are getting anxious about. There could be things you should not be involved with, anyway, or things you need to grow to take care of the right way, in peace and God's creativity, instead of being under the power of anxiety which could be helping you to spoil how you try to take care of things. In God's love, we can handle things better and in more sharing and love with other people.

May be you are being too independent, and so in your isolation you can be singled out and brought down by anxiety, as you try to take too much on yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,697
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private

When ever you feel anxiety or feel the urge to smoke Make The Sign of The Cross and then ask God to help you:

5. dabro

dabro A child of the living God.

+841
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I am a very isolated person. When I got sick in 08 my drive for what I wanted God to do thru me became background noise.

It’s just very tempting when I have nothing better to do.

I’m going to be moving to Virginia and the place where I might go says no smoking so God is very good to me.