USA
✟98,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have been praying about a broken friendship for a few weeks now. It ended over an argument and the friend will no longer speak to me. I've prayed and prayed. We have been friends for 10+ years and I don't know how or why it all ended as it did. At first I felt God was telling me to wait, I believed that. Now I'm starting to think God said no. My heart is broken. I am really discouraged and I don't know anymore. I don't know what I'm supposed to think, pray or do from here. Pray for me to see God's will. I'm so lost and confused.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have been praying about a broken friendship for a few weeks now. It ended over an argument and the friend will no longer speak to me. I've prayed and prayed. We have been friends for 10+ years and I don't know how or why it all ended as it did. At first I felt God was telling me to wait, I believed that. Now I'm starting to think God said no. My heart is broken. I am really discouraged and I don't know anymore. I don't know what I'm supposed to think, pray or do from here. Pray for me to see God's will. I'm so lost and confused.
The problem is that you can pray and pray until the cows come home but that will not change a person's will. If they will not speak to you, there is no magic cure that can come about through prayer. The Scripture seems to say that if there is a problem between you and a brother or sister in Christ then it is up to you to go to that person and reconcile. If you try to do that and the person will not respond positively, then you are off the hook. It seems that a friendship can be fairly shallow if it can be broken over a simple argument. But of course, people have left churches and bad mouthed them around the community for much less!

Upvote 0

SpiritofaDove

Site Supporter
May 14, 2017
USA
✟98,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
We had an argument about her faith. I was pushy. I do admit it. She left and won't talk or speak to me at all. I have apologized to her, or tried. Nothing. Do I see her POV? Yes and no. Yes, I can see being mad, we both were heated and needed space, but for complete silence for weeks now? NO. I do not understand. I don't think it was worth ending our friendship over. It wasn't that bad of an argument. So no, I don't get it at all. I'm really confused. Thanks for prayers. :)

Upvote 0

SpiritofaDove

Site Supporter
May 14, 2017
USA
✟98,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you, Oscar. I'm starting to think it wasn't the friendship I thought it was. But I did try and apologize and I've prayed and prayed. I think I have done all I can do and it's time to move on. You are right. There is no magic cure like I'm trying to make it be and driving myself nuts. Thank you again for your wisdom.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
We had an argument about her faith. I was pushy. I do admit it. She left and won't talk or speak to me at all. I have apologized to her, or tried. Nothing. Do I see her POV? Yes and no. Yes, I can see being mad, we both were heated and needed space, but for complete silence for weeks now? NO. I do not understand. I don't think it was worth ending our friendship over. It wasn't that bad of an argument. So no, I don't get it at all. I'm really confused. Thanks for prayers. :)
She has to bear some responsibility for this. I think she might be over reacting. I suspect she might feel bullied or intimidated though. And doesn't want to go through it again. it could have been building up from previous meetings?
Just I think if you can understand her pov, and vice versa, then the relationship can be salvaged.
prayers.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

In the name of, the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit
Amen.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.

Our Lady, Queen of Peace, pray for us!

In the name of, the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit
Amen.

I've been struggling feelings of betrayal too. Ever since my childhood, I've had a hard time trusting people. I've thought I had gotten over that since my reversion to the faith, that no matter what happened, God and Our Lady would be there, and they are there, (in reality, they've been there all along) but it's still just as hard.

Upvote 0

CtC

Worship is a Lifestyle
Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟195,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It may just be me, but it seems as though there is a real attack on friendships lately. If we can be torn apart, and our focus can be turned from Christ to ourselves or our broken friendships, then a foothold can be established.

I will be praying for your relationship and more so, I will be praying for our focus to return to Christ. Of course, be ready to apologize if and when the opportunity arises. Forgive them in your heart for every aspect, and be ready to voice your forgiveness if the opportunity arises. Forgive yourself if you are struggling with that, too. Most importantly, though, focus on walking closer and closer with God; ask for compassion and love so that arguments do not occur.

When we remain focused on Him, He will provide for what we need (even our need for friendship).

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am in the same position you are in, with a friend of mine. You are dead right, it can cause you to go a little crazy. I'll pray that your friend will talk to you, at least one more time to tell you what you did so you can get some closure. I think not having that final conversation is a very hard thing, because it engenders false hope of reconciliation if the silent party refuses to speak to you.

I know I have bouts of despair then bouts of hope and really never know what to believe and am very confused all the time.

I pray that your friend will talk to you, and that your relationship will be repaired. God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CtC

Worship is a Lifestyle
Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟195,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am in the same position you are in, with a friend of mine. You are dead right, it can cause you to go a little crazy. I'll pray that your friend will talk to you, at least one more time to tell you what you did so you can get some closure. I think not having that final conversation is a very hard thing, because it engenders false hope of reconciliation if the silent party refuses to speak to you.

I know I have bouts of despair then bouts of hope and really never know what to believe and am very confused all the time.

You describe it precisely.

I know what is like to experience this long term; it gets easier, but is always there in the background.

Again, recently, this happened, and again the despair and hope cycle is very pronounced.

Galatea, I am praying for you as well. May we have hope and peace thru our Faith in Christ Jesus!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: Praying for you (((hug)))

Upvote 0

SpiritofaDove

Site Supporter
May 14, 2017
USA
✟98,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you guys so much! You have helped me. I felt stupid after sending the prayer request last night and now you guys have helped me see, I'm not alone, crazy, or stupid. The emotions are real. I am going to get my mind back to Christ. Let it go and and remember God is in control not me. Others going through this too, I'm praying for all of you. It's hard. Hugs to all!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you guys so much! You have helped me. I felt stupid after sending the prayer request last night and now you guys have helped me see, I'm not alone, crazy, or stupid. The emotions are real. I am going to get my mind back to Christ. Let it go and and remember God is in control not me. Others going through this too, I'm praying for all of you. It's hard. Hugs to all!

:heart: Awwwwww never stupid, dear sis....we just go ahead and ask for the prayers of our brothers and sisters. And God LOVES us reaching out and asking...and just as it is written, He hears and knows of our needs before we even ask. He is DELIGHTED when we turn to Him. He LOVES you and DELIGHTS in you and He rejoices over you with SINGING!!!! Hahaaaa yes He does. He is an AWESOME God. May His grace and blessings fall on you like rain and may His favor be on you. (((hug)))

Our God is AWESOME!!!!!!

Wooooooo Hooooooooo!!!

bliss.gif

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,317.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray blessings on this request and for the mending of this relationship in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the bbnradio.org Family Altar program... BBN Program Schedule

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums