May 31, 2016
New Jersey
✟37,160.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Praying Mtol.

Just talk with God. Keep the “chat room” open always.
I do but I don’t feel a connection sometimes. I ask for forgiveness for any sins I’ve committed but I feel like there’s something missing and in all my prayer I can’t find what that is

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do but I don’t feel a connection sometimes. I ask for forgiveness for any sins I’ve committed but I feel like there’s something missing and in all my prayer I can’t find what that is
How much of your prayers involve just praising God and glorifying Him?

I take the examples of the Psalms. They start and finish usually with praising and glorifying God.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It might be Confession. I used to be Baptist growing up and I've recently come to the knowledge of the Sacrament Of Confession.

I'm convinced that there is a spiritual grace / blessing and miracle that happens in confession.

Upvote 0

KyleSpringer

Feb 13, 2018
Canton
✟12,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i believe, I I am having problems praying violently with all my heart. I want to please the lord but I know I’m not. I ask for people to pray with their heart for me to be able to do such thing
If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can cast mountains into the sea. God is pleased with you, Mtol, for he sees you in Christ our risen Lord. Your desire for more passionate prayers only means that you will soon have a fire in you that cannot be quenched. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
i believe, I I am having problems praying violently with all my heart. I want to please the lord but I know I’m not. I ask for people to pray with their heart for me to be able to do such thing
It's all to do with what you believe, not what you feel. Believing what the Lord says in Scripture is a choice no matter how you feel. You can feel as though you are in the depths of depression, and yet you can choose to believe what the Scripture says about you.

Praying "violently" is not going to make you believe God's Word any more. The Scripture says that you can go up to heaven to try and bring God down, or down into hell to bring God up, but that the Word is right there with you in your heart. You live what you believe.

I know that without faith you cannot please God, but trying to get faith by sweating, praying, struggling, trying to improve, is not going to work because all these things you are doing is from unbelief. If the Scripture says "By grace you are saved, through faith, not of yourself, it is the gift of God" then faith just believes that and rests on it without struggling to get some sort of feeling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Praying for you friend. God is listening and watching and He knows your heart. When Jesus gave up the Ghost, The veil rent into from top to bottom and we then received direct access to the throne.
We are a priesthood of believers that make up the body of Christ. God hears His bride

Upvote 0

MomofaDozen

Jul 1, 2018
western North Carolina
✟22,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Hi. I understand your struggle. I used to experience that quite often, the feeling that you're trying to reach out to God but you don't feel like it's "working".
There are times when God DOES seem to be silent. The Psalms speak about that. David would cry out for God to speak up and to help him. And God always did---but not always right when David wanted Him to. In the end, David learned a lot about God's character and heart because of the times he spent alone, seeking His face.

I used to always begin my prayers by pleading with God to forgive me for my sins. I didn't usually feel any better (often because I wasn't repenting of those sins. I just wanted to get rid of the guilt).
Even after I became a Christian and DID repent of my sins, I would start my prayers with asking for forgiveness for sin.
As I got into reading the Bible and learning more about Who God is by studying how He deals with people, I started to see prayer differently.
In many places in the Bible, especially Psalms, it says to Enter into His presence with thanksgiving and to enter into His courts with praise. We reach God by WORSHIPPING HIM, telling Him how much we love and need Him, how great He is, how grateful we are to Him, how wonderful His works are. (If you start taking inventory of all that God has done in your own life and in the world, the list grows longer and longer and longer of things to be thankful for.)
After I started worshipping God, often without asking Him for anything, I started to feel His nearness. I started to know that He loved me deeply and personally.
Then, I re-read "the Lord's prayer", the way Jesus instructed His disciples to pray.
He started with worship: "Our Father in Heaven, let Your name be hallowed (honored, treated as sacred and holy) in all the earth just as it is already in heaven...."
As I studied this prayer pattern, I noticed that Jesus didn't have us asking for forgiveness for quite awhile into our time of prayer.
What I got out of that is that God is interested in connection with us, more than anything.
Yes, He wants our sins cleansed. He wants confession and repentance. But most of all, He wants us to KNOW Him.
I hope this is helpful to you.

Upvote 0