Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Paused to pray for you and your wife today.. Be blessed my brother.. God is greater then our hearts and hurts and He can do what we cannot do.. We give Him full reign when we look only to Him and praise Him!! Give Him thanks for everything!! We are raised to new and higher levels of faith, joy and peace!! And satan loses his power and position in our lives.. his strongholds come down... \0/

This battle is not against your wife my brother or even others that interfere.. it is against satan who would serve to destroy your marriage and take your wife away.. To destroy your family unit.. But praising God send ambushes against satan.. there was a time in the bible.. King Davids wives and children were taken.. and the wives and children of his men.. God helped them get them back!! Don't ever give up..

Whate'er we leave to God, God does and blesses us.

-- Henry David Thoreau

Psalm 147:1
Praise the LORD. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him!

The Bible says that God inhabits in the praises of His people (Psalms 22:3). In other words, God “dwells” in the atmosphere of His praise.

Psalm 22:3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Praise Sends the Enemy Running

Since praise manifests God’s presence, we also realize that praise repels the presence of the enemy, Satan. An atmosphere which is filled with sincere worship and praise to God by humble and contrite hearts is disgusting to the Devil. He fears the power in the name of Jesus, and flees from the Lord’s habitation in praise. “Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I show the salvation of God” (Psalms 50:23).

When the children of Judah found themselves outnumbered by the hostile armies of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, King Jehoshophat and all the people sought the Lord for His help. The Lord assured the people that this would be His battle. He told them to go out against them, and He would do the fighting for them. So what did the children of Judah do? Being the people of “praise” (Judah actually means Praise), and knowing that God manifests His power through praise, they sent their army against their enemies, led by the praisers!

So on they went, ahead of the army declaring, “Praise the Lord, for His mercy endureth forever!” And the scripture says, “...when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten” (2 Chronicles 20:22).

When God’s people begin to praise His name, it sends the enemy running! I challenge you to become a person of praise, and you will experience the release of the power of God!

Upvote 0

AirForceTeacher

King of the Wicker People
Feb 23, 2004
The south
✟20,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just got off the phone ith my mother in law. I don't talk to my mom - I call my MIL. If you've ever seen the movie While You Were Sleeping, then you know exactly how I feel about my family-in-law, and it tears me up inside to lose that relationship, and I know that I will lose it, because she is going to side with my wife in the upcoming and probably bitter alimony and property negotiations.

I'm sadder about losing Nancy than almost anything in this process.

Reactions: tp65
Upvote 0

tp65

Mar 19, 2006
✟9,904.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry that you will lose so much of your family...it is too bad they can't stay out of all the messy stuff. Divorce never affects just two people. I would just suggest letting them know that you still love them and wish this weren't happening. Your children will still give you some attachment to your IL's. My guess is they know their daughter shouldn't be doing this but they can't turn their back on her. Prayers, T

Upvote 0

klynnmiller

Cry out to Jesus!
Nov 17, 2006
Indiana
✟10,602.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just got off the phone ith my mother in law. I don't talk to my mom - I call my MIL. If you've ever seen the movie While You Were Sleeping, then you know exactly how I feel about my family-in-law, and it tears me up inside to lose that relationship, and I know that I will lose it, because she is going to side with my wife in the upcoming and probably bitter alimony and property negotiations.
I'm sadder about losing Nancy than almost anything in this process.

If it helps, I'm still good friends with a lot of my ex-IL's. In fact, my ex-father IL and ex-step-mother-IL are coming to my wedding. And I am still in their will. Not that I care about the will at all, but it just shows how close we are, and it's a friendship that I will never lose. They understand why the divorce happened, and that I tried everything that I could to hold it together. My ex-husband got fired from a job for sexual harrassment, then wouldn't work for more than 11 months, sitting at home on the computer. He wouldn't help clean the house AT ALL, then when he did find work, he got fired again for sexual harrassment. That's when we separated, and then he filed for divorce. (And no, we didn't meet at work!!!)

But anyway, I'm still friends with my ex-brothers in law, and their wives.

When you divorce a spouse, you don't divorce the whole family, especially when you become so close to them. You can still be friends with them, so don't dispair!!!

Still praying for you!!!:prayer:

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Dear Father God I come to lift this husband and wife to you again.. Father I pray for them both and the children.. Father I know you can bring dead things to life.. Father I commit this marriage to you.. no matter how dead it may be.. or how far gone.. I know that in Your hands miracles can happen.. Father thank You that You go with this couple all the way through.. Father thank You that You love them so much.. Father bless this family and guide them by Your hand.. amen

Upvote 0

AirForceTeacher

Feb 23, 2004
The south
✟20,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you PC, but I think unfortunately you're praying for inndividuals now instead of a couple. Som eof the decisions I've made since the separation (based upon counsel) to protect myself financially and set myself up to move on have angered her a great deal - there's no chance of reconciliation now, and I'm really not sure I'd take it if it came - she's such a different person than I thought she was that the trust may never come back.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Brother.. I am not praying according to what I see.. or hear and know.. but praying to God who can even make dead bones come to life..

The results are in Gods hands!!! The hands that hold the whole world!! The God whose spoken words brought our world into existance.. He can do anything!! My faith rests in Him!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirForceTeacher

Feb 23, 2004
The south
✟20,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey PC! Well , the papers were filed yesterday. The alimony/child support discussions that we tried to have before the lawyers didn't work out, so now I'm wondering what's going to happen. My lawyer assures me that my offer is mor generous than she'd get from a judge, but I'm still a little worried. Just praying that we both can manage on what we have afterward - that her business does well and that I can manage my share of the bills and still move on after all of this.

Upvote 0