Pray for me (overcome my fear of driving)

Amanda S

Nov 18, 2019
Asia
✟7,762.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all,

I have been learning driving for 3 years now - and it's been difficult because I've been chided by the instructors many times on the road no matter how hard I try. This feels like the hardest thing to overcome right now. I freeze up, stare too long at the mirrors to gauge if it's safe to change lane....and while I'm staring, my steering wheel moves. I hate that I can't seem to break out of it. I already failed my driving test once..and I was so disappointed! Please pray for me. I've scheduled another driving test and will be preparing for it. I want to drive safely and confidently so that through attaining the license, it is put to good use in ministering others and glorifying God.

Thank you for reading. God bless.

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟451,502.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know people who have failed the test like 8 times, but they didn't gave up.
Practice is the best thing of course, if your instructor make you nervous, try with a relative or another insctructor. Some people let you feel more confident doing things and teach better than others.

If you can go out to drive with a relative who has patience, this is the best, because you can enjoy for some hours driving seeing places etc, and learn to drive at the same time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have anxiety in many areas of life including driving. I have medication which helps me get behind the wheel without feeling so anxious. I don't know if this pertains to you at all, just putting it out there.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, there are some things to fear, but also some things to do to help prevent those things we fear. May we be lead to do what we need to, and to think on what we should be thinking on, and conquer those fears by following what You have provided in these areas. Amen.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,082,196.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Have you considered practicing in some place like a big deserted parking lot late at night? Bring someone with you for safety. Practice parallel parking where you don't actually have cars you might hit, between yellow lines, study how your mirror works etc.

I pray you will get over your fear and pass your next test and become an excellent driver.

Upvote 0