Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  Struggles... evil thoughts... voices in my head...
  sometimes, I really do feel so  tired. So tired.
  At my weakest moment, the attacks are the greatest.
  Yet, I do not want to go through everything all over, again.
On Saturday, a sermon really touched my heart and cut through my soul.
It is about faith to claim the promised land, the promised land refering to the harvest fields of lost souls to be reaped. The sermon touched me, into yet another response in my diary to God.
  Mainly,  my pastor talked about evangelising being effective only when God annoits you. And I realised... then that I was not annoited by God. My pastor talked about God being able to use broken vessels, but he can never used unclean vessels, and I realise that the reason God did not use me was because I was unclean.
  I cannot deceive myself any longer. The evil spirits were still in my body, influencing my thoughts, my mind, even my mouth. They can still control my hands and my legs. They still hold some control over my life. They do not want to leave me. They speak to me, still, and is there, always there, looking for me to be vulnerable, waiting for a chance to make me fall.
  You won't know how tired I am of all this. How overwhelming and guilty I feel for my struggle in all these. When the evil voices come in the form of suggestions, evil thoughts and sometimes evil images, and sometimes direct communication, I rejected them in the name of Jesus, but they came back again and again. When I was writing my diary, I always felt a force directing my hand, so I dropped down my pen and rebuke the evil spirits in Jesus's name... but oh, do you know how much it hurts me to know that I cannot even rely on my diary, on my hands?
I get upset, when everyone seems to hear the still small voice of God, but all I hear is the evil, mocking , blasmphemous voice that either came from me, or from the devil, never from God. Do you know how tired I am when the devil, with his voice in my head, pretends sometimes to be God and tells me what God's replies might be when I had a question, or a thought struck me. But I know it is not God, but it is him, because God will never invade my mind like this and cause me so much pain and mental injuries. I get so tired of hearing him. I hate them. I hate the demons. I hate them!!!!! Do you know how much I hate them!!?
  But yesterday, as I write on my diary, I wrote following my inspirational feeling and wrote that God wants to use me, but before he does that, he wants to first clean me. He wants to get rid of the filth in me, those evil spirits still living in my body. I will have to wait and be patient as he clears my defiled temple from the evil spirits. I will have to wait for his timing to be completely free.
  I want to be free! I really do. I do not want to be defeated by evil spirits that refuse to leave me. I want to serve God, I really do, one day, in full time ministry. But before that, I had to get rid of these evil spirits that refuse to live. It might take years before I am free, but I want to fight. Will you always continue to keep me in your prayer, helping me spiritually in this battle?

Pray that I will never give up, but will continue to fight on and on for the glory of God.
Pray that God will clear his temple--my body of those evil spirits that no longer have any rights to remain in me.
Pray that God will reveal to me his direction in my life.
Pray for my victories from every thoughts or deeds or deception that came from the enemies.
Pray that my heart will not give in to extreme hatred for my enemies, even though they deserved it for what they did.
Pray that God's spirit will work miracles within me.
Pray that I will be transformed and completely free.
Pray that in all that I do, God's direction will always be in me.
Pray that evil spirits will have no influences over me whenever I read the bible, pray to God, or have any form of encounter with God.
Pray that such persecutions by my enemies will serve only to bring me to my best, but will never lead to my downfall.

Indeed, pray for me, that in all that I do, I will see God's mercy, love and the victories he wants me to have. Pray for me, my fellow brothers and sisters, and I will also pray for myself. Help me overcome such difficult periods in my life.

I will not give up but will fight to the end, trusting in God's eventual victory over all the wicked things that defiled my body. If you are commited to pray for me in a regular basis, drops me a note so that I will know who are fighting together spiritually along side with me, in this tough journey of mine.

Jasmine

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I will pray for you.

Please consider if maybe the spirits are attacking from outside rather than from within?

Because if they really are within, you are currently unsaved, in need of exorcism, and to come to Christ after being freed.

If they are outside, you need to resist them.

Also if you have "voices in your head," and feel that you are losing control, please consider the fact that you may be suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness, like severe endogenous depression to the point of psychosis or even schizophrenia.

You need the right help, and getting that means considering ALL options and possibilities. :)

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
One more thing, some advice I got from someone else in one of my threads here: don't watch "Serial Experiments Lain" for a while. . .at least until you're over this. :)

EDIT: I know you hate Evangelion so you don't need to be warned about that :)

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Jasmine:

I strongly urge you to make an appointment with your primary care doctor, and take a copy of the post that you made here. Oftentimes, a physical illness can affect how we see the world, and how we react to it. You need to be checked out, Hon, so make that appointment today. No one will condemn you or judge you, they are there to help.

Please.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

A Sheep

Stop the suffering in Iraq
Mar 10, 2002
✟6,046.00
Hi Jasmine. I agree with the suggestions previously made that you should really go see a doctor, to make sure that it is not schizophrenia or a related disease. There are varying opinions on this, but I, and many other Christians, believe that a born-again Christian can not be possessed by demons, they can be attacked by demons-physically or spiritually-but not actually possessed. May I also suggest to you that you try to find a different church and possibly also some other believers to fellowship with-ones that will not simply allow you to believe that you are possessed and will instead help you through this very difficult experience with support, prayers, and medical assistance.

I will be praying for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Dear Jasmine,

i''m so glad that you're not giving up the fight! please, please remember that God loves you no matter what happens. Yes, he does, i learnt that sort of the hard way. Hang in there, things will get cleared up in due time. Have you told anyone about this? your family, pastor, people from church?

i'm praying for you.

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
Hi, Jasmine. I think---your approach is wrong. Please turn to Luke 10:17-19. Are you there? "And the 70 returned with joy, saying 'Lord even the DEMONS are subject to us in Your name!' And Jesus said, 'I saw satan fall like lightning from Heaven; behold, I have given you authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over ALL THE POWER OF THE ENEMY; and NOTHING shall by ANY MEANS hurt you!' " Isn't that great?

...ok, now read the NEXT VERSE: "Nevertheless, DO NOT REJOICE in this, that the spirits are subject to you; but rejoice instead that your names are written in Heaven! Do you understand now? THAT'S THE KEY!!!

Don't focus on evil.

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you! Resist the devil and he will flee from you. But draw near to GOD!" Jms4:7-8

Your wrong approach---is to FIGHT EVIL---on its own terms. Yes we "battle not against flesh and blood..." (Eph6), but the secret to life is to fill yourself so full of God that evil finds no more room!

Claim Jesus' blood for your protection, and rebuke the evil, and focus on Jesus. AND---take the advice of others here---seek medical attention so that you can rule out simple biological mis-function---our bodies ARE complicated machines, and occasionally DO malfunction, and need a "service call" just as an automobile does. But meanwhile, we will agree with you, IN HIS PRESENCE, that evil will be bound from you; and now, we will no longer THINK about the evil, for evil has no place in our thoughts!

"Take every thought captive and subject it to Christ!" 2Cor10:5 Pray to Him, Jasmine! Rejoice in His presence! Read the Bible and fellowship with Him. And KNOW that He rejoices in YOURS! He really does, you know. "Greater love hath NO man than to lay down His life for JASMINE!" It's the truth, you KNOW it!

Do you know how to pray? Pray like this:
1. Worship---it's why we were made, and God craves worship and praise.
2. Thanksgiving---did you eat today? Are you warm and clothed? Then THANK HIM! He never tires of it, and grattitude is the foundation of contentment and happiness.
3. Intercession---prayer DOES move God, and as we intercede for others we shift from our natural focus---self. Our love for others increases, and selflessness and grattitude and praise to Him are the supports of humility---we are humbled in His presence!
4. Pettition---don't be afraid to ask for what you need; but how often this is the ONLY prayer we pray! "You have not because you ask not, or because you ask wrongly to spend it on your passions!" Jms4 Psalm37:4 says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart"---the secret there, is that if you are delighting in the Lord YOUR desires will be HIS!!!

Salvation is FELLOWSHIP---just spend time with Him...

Jeremiah 29:11ff "For I know the plans for you, plans for prosperity and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope. And you will come to Me, and you will seek Me and you will FIND Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I WILL BE FOUND BY YOU!!!"

God bless you, Jasmine! Go with God, and stay with us!

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hishandmaiden

The Humble Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had been to a (I don't know what to call him) doctor that handles mental patient, ant to him, he thinks that I am perfectly all right, and ready to stop seeing him soon. His medicine does not seems to help my condition at all.
I had been to my pastor, and we went through deliverance twice, but that is about it. He no longer ask me about my condition. Sometimes, I really want to seek him for help but I had the impression that he dosn't care.
I will never change Church, though for the church members here are really on fire for God, and staying in such a church will help me grow spiritually.

As for Ben's suggestion on focusing on God, thanks, that is what I am doing. I am not possessed, because I can still choose to resist him. He can control my hands, and legs, but if I resist, he can do nothing to them. He just have some influences over them.

I don't really know what is my condition, but I know I am 100% born again.
After I resist him, I re-dedicate my life to Jesus, again. Also, my love for God these few days are great, as compared to the past. I felt spirit-filled.

Well, I know I am fighting a winning battle, but the question is, when will God free me? At his own timing, I suppose.

I just prayed that his timing will be SOON.

BTW, I am under another form of spiritual attack. I heard demonic laughter at night.

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
As for Ben's suggestion on focusing on God, thanks, that is what I am doing. I am not possessed, because I can still choose to resist him.
Hi, Jasmine. One of satan's GREAT LIES, is that there is a WAR going on---the battle between "GOOD and BAD", "YIN/YANG", "GOD/DEVIL"---when, the reality is, on one side is OMNIPOTENT OMNISCIENT OMNIPRESENT PERFECT LOVE GOD-CREATOR-OF-THE-UNIVERSE...

...and the devil is just a fallen angel. Oh he's wiley, fairly smart, and crafty & cunning as can be; but, in the long run he's NOTHING! I get the impression that you do focus on him, as you speak of "the fight".

I want you to try something. There is a time to REBUKE evil, and a time to ignore it. Next time you hear the "laughter" or you feel its control, CLAIM the blood of Jesus! And say, out loud, "I REBUKE YOU in the name of JESUS CHRIST! In His name, I command you to LEAVE ME ALONE!" But don't keep saying it over and over; rebuke it, and then stand on Jesus. "Greater is he that is within you than he that is in the world." (1Jn4) You can say to the devil, "You know, I'm not afraid of you. I mean, you don't really have any power. I belong to Christ, and I'm gonna live forever! You're not. The day will come when you will be gone. Besides, you once had Heaven, and you THREW IT AWAY! That doesn't make you very SMART, does it?" Say this more to yourself than to the devil---for you shouldn't really spend time talking to him or thinking about him.

Demon oppression is real. But so is our own complex brain. Voices can come from either realm, and each is just as real to the one hearing them---sometimes it's tough to know which is which. I'm not an expert, so I can only advise you as far as I have travelled. You might consider a second opinion from a medical doctor, as well as a second opinion from a pastor---this time from one who CARES!!! You don't hafta change churches, most any pastor will be happy to talk with you.

Just outta curiosity, have you ever dabbled in the occult? ANYthing. Tarot cards, ouiji board (which aren't really occultic but can lead to spiritual oppression), channelling, seances, anything? Do you have any objects with you that might be cursed? Certain musical albums are said to have been produced with an intentional curse. Just a thought.

As far as persecution, we are promised that we WILL HAVE it---because of Him. But life is short, and Heaven is forever---the persecution has a finish to it---Heaven does NOT! Paul had a "thorn in his flesh, a messenger from satan" (2Cor12)---Christians have long debated what it was; but whatever it was (or WHOever), God chose not to remove it---yet God provided grace enough to cover it. Some people find themselves without arms or legs, or blind, or suffering in numerous other ways. I don't fully understand all things---but I believe with all my heart in His grace. And His presence.

Well, that's the advice---seek help, to know whether you are spiritually oppressed or biologically oppressed; and, when you come into His presence, in prayer and worship, BELIEVE that you are set free. Already. The greatest battles are those that are never fought---but rather the victory is claimed before the fight is BEGUN! "Greater is He that is in you!" Don't claim the victory, and then turn back to the fight again and again; don't believe the lies that the evil one whispers.

"Ha ha ha! I know better than that! Because I serve the Lord! And He LOVES me! He has a plan for me, and He has given me the Holy Spirit! Dear sweet Spirit, FILL ME with Your gentle presence, calm my fears, guide me in the ways of serenity and spiritual maturity! Jesus I love You with all that I am, and I submit myself as a lump of clay before You---fill me, mold me as Thou wilt---I have no reservations, I hold nothing back. Take me, for I am Yours---FOREVER!!!"

Tell me that you can say all of that, Jasmine! Tell me that you understand, "For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and sound mind." (2Tim1:7) And, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love because He first loved us." 1Jn4

Tell me that you understand, that even though you ARE worthless and worthy of Hell (of yourself), that He DOES love you! And you are NOT worthless in HIS eyes---tell me that you understand how very much He loves you---that if He had to die, for only ONE PERSON, for JASMINE--- He would have gone to the Cross in a heartbeat! Just for you. You didn't deserve it, I didn't deserve it, no one did---but He still did it for us anyway. He didn't die because we are worth it---we are WORTH it BECAUSE He died for us! So much does He love us. Me, you, Jasmine; and EVERYONE READING THIS POST!!!

That's what it's all about. Love. God IS LOVE. There is no fear in love.

Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.

You are victorious.

The battle is already won.

Go pick up your wreath!

He is there holding it out to you!

Take His hand! And walk with Him.

From this day forth!

FOREVER!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Upvote 0

Hishandmaiden

The Humble Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2002
Singapore
✟35,969.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I messed with occults, before, and used to, before I was converted prayed to Satan. This is not a mental problem, but rather a spiritual battle.
You know why?
Because the moment I choose to believe that there is power in Jesus's name, my whole situayion gets better.
I realise another thing. That is, these demonic spirits attacked me from outside and not within.
But I got so confused I don't know which is which.
Yesterday night, I heard the demonic laughter, again but only for a short while. It left because it realised I was afraid of it, but my fear was covered by by trust in Jesus's blood to release me.
Furthermore, I rebuke it, in a soft tone. So it can do nothing to discourage me by arousing my parents from sleep unlike the other time. The other time, I rebuked it loudly and my parents get worried for me.
One of the major problem that I cannot rebuke the demons in a loud voice is because my parents are non-Christians, who do not understand anything at all about prayer. If I were to pray in a loud voice, they will send me to see a mental doctor. This is another barrier I face.
But keep me in prayer, and I will do fine. Hope ... is already slowly being seen in this desperate struggle of mine.

Jasmine

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.