Visit site
✟44,884.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have been struggling badly with anxiety and depression for quite a while now, mostly anxiety and I really am tired of it as it is affecting me a lot. Please pray that God will comfort me and take this hardship away from me. I would love any advice if you have some.

God Bless You!

Jonathan

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, Jonathan,

I once went to a Christian counselor. And one day he said, in regard to anxiety, that ALL ANXIETY STEMS FROM THE FEAR OF DEATH. So think of it this way: we Christians, as St. Paul says, are not like worldly folk when someone dies. Worldly folk have no hope that the person hopefully will have gone to Paradise when they died. But we Christians can hope that not only will we see that person who died again, but that we too hopefully will be in Paradise one day, too.

Hope this helps,

Northbrook

Upvote 0

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi, Jonathan, years ago I dealt with severe anxiety. One day I talked to my pastor's wife about it, and she gave me a copy of the Warfare Prayer by Victor Matthews. (You can find it online now.) It's based on scripture, and I read/prayed it every time the anxiety tried to grip me. It helped a lot. I look back at that as a turning point for me to overcome the grip of anxiety in my life. I pray that you will find God's freedom!

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father may people learn when it is not certain kinds of prayers that they need, like You doing something for them, but that it is a time of giving thanks to You for what You have already done for them. You have given them a Savior. You have given them the Bible. You have offered to all the indwelling of Your Spirit, or have already given Him to those that have trusted and called upon Jesus to save them. You have given us Your whole armor, and much more, providing for all our needs. All WE have to do is use all these things. At certain points, it is not a matter of praying for things, but using/applying what You have already given us. Help people to understand what they already have, and then to us it. Philippians 4:6-7; Galatians 5:16; Galatians 5:25; Philippians 4:8; Philippians 4:13; Philippians 4:11; Psalms 34:1. Amen.

Upvote 0

JEBofChristTheLord

to the Lord
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2005
Topeka, Kansas, USA
Visit site
✟38,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been struggling badly with anxiety and depression for quite a while now, mostly anxiety and I really am tired of it as it is affecting me a lot. Please pray that God will comfort me and take this hardship away from me. I would love any advice if you have some.

God Bless You!

Jonathan

God bless you, brother of our same name :) I shall pray as you ask. My only suggestion is that any time our souls are in trouble, it is because the Lord is stirring thoughts and feelings which He strongly desires be reconciled to Himself. Ask Him for His input, and ask Him to show you how He is responding. He will help you walk out of that which you are tired.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There are two things I have found that help with depression, and this is backed up by clinical research. The first is probiotics. The 2nd is B12 supplementation, especially with the kind that is rubbed into the skin.
The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression

I am not saying that yogurt (with probiotics inside) or B12 will take away your depression. I am just saying they do help many. Also, low iodine can be a problem in our culture due to bromide put on our produce, which depletes iodine. Low iodine seems to be associated with hypothyroidism which is often under diagnosed. You might want to check out Dr. Brownstein's and Dr. Bob DeMario's info on iodine deficiency in our country and what problems that can cause.

Again, I don't know what your particular needs are, but since you asked for advice I just gave some info. I pray the Heavenly Father will lead you to whatever is right for you personally.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,516.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
P.S. Just a cautionary note. If you decide to try probiotics maybe start with yogurt. (Supplements are questionable as you can't really be sure how many probiotics they really contain and they never contain as many as the actual foods.) Kefir has way more probiotics, and they last longer in the gut, but if there is any chance you have a hidden candida overgrowth (which is apparently way not uncommon, and which I found out I had) then it can cause "die off," or flu like symptoms for awhile. It actually attacks the candida, which is great, but then the dead cells cause one to feel bad until they are flushed out. So, if you do kefir, sneak up on it and read about the side effects of candida die off. Candida overgrowth can lead to depression and other health problems, too, btw.

Upvote 0