• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The CF Faith Groups List has been updated. The Statement of Faith has also been updated (section on unorthodox Christian theology only). Please review both of these updates. If you would like to request a different faith group, please open a support ticket.

pray for gun petition, legislation

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by limerick, Oct 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. limerick

limerick New Member

+6
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Please pray for a petition to ban assault rifles

The petition can be found at
    Sign the petition: Ban Assault Weapons

Please sign the petition, and pray that the petition gets media attention

Please pray that congress passes gun legislation this time

• Like Like x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  2. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+3,166
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    I'll pray that people who believe that will wake up and respect the freedom of people who haven't done anything wrong.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. twinserk

twinserk I don't expect perfection. What I expect is effort

+62
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Fat chance. The weapons aren't the issue, the people using them are. Address the problem, not the symptoms.

Besides the fact that most people killed with firearms here in the US are killed with handguns. If our politicians were truly motivated by the desire to save lives, they would try to ban handguns, not assault rifles.

But they don't, so what does that tell you?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's

+2,077
    Messianic
    Private
    I pray that those who want to take away the 2nd amendment will fail. I pray that we are never left in a situation - as has happened in other countries - where the criminals and the government are the only ones with guns to take what they want.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+87,795
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Praying that God quelches (obliterates) political agendas that have an undercurrent (hidden agenda) to use events to further their political agenda.

Praying that ALL "hidden" motives and agendas are exposed.

Praying in agreement with this:
    Amen and amen. Father may it be so, in the name of Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of You, the living God, the God of the living, amen.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  6. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill Well-Known Member

+2,292
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Father, I pray for a greater thing than man made laws. I pray for the hearts of people. I pray not so much to control laws that are made, but for You to control hearts of people. People pull triggers. I pray for the salvation of would-be shooters of people, that they would come to personally know Jesus, respect the people that You have created, Lord, and highly value their lives. I pray that You would open people's eyes to the deception and darkness in the world, and shine the line in the hearts of would-be converts to this darkness that leads some to become murderers. In this dark world, I pray that people will put their eternal souls in Your hands, where those that might kill the body, will not kill the soul or deliver it to await a second death (Revelation 20:11-15). I thank You, Lord, that in You, we are protected from that second death, and I pray that souls will allow You to be in them, and them to be in You. Amen.

7. ewq1938

ewq1938 Chewbacca kree! Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,256
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Closed due to debate in a non-debate forum.

thread closed permanently.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.