• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Pray for God to heal me from this addiction

Newsgurl

Always here to help
Apr 8, 2017
United States
✟23,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I never thought I would say this but I have to get this out and come clean. I’ve grown up around inappropriate contentography since I was 12 my brother started looking at this when he was a teenager then it got me into looking at it to in forms of watching videos. I know this is not what God wants for my life but I keep relapsing back into watching it and (sorry for saying this) masterbating; it’s like a vicious cycle that doesn’t seem to stop. I need prayers for me to beat this addiction and to follow God’s ways. I want to do what’s right and not falling into lust and touching yourself. I want to forget everything I’ve ever looked at and watched and turn away from Satan forever.

HereIStand

Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
This is probably a big problem and more so than we might care to admit, especially in the age of online access to everything. It's good that you want to do the right thing. Stay in prayer and don't give in to resignation. God bless.

Reactions: Danoded
Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Eve looked first at the apple and saw it looked good so then she started to disobey God.

Genesis 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof...

If we start viewing inappropriate content videos or pictures, that will be the beginning of further sins. So we must cut it from the start with good intention not to waster our life in sin.

Please try to do a simple fasting such as one day without food every week, you may just drink anything, this will help us very much.

Reactions: Danoded
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My prayers news girl.

That many years of inappropriate content addiction cannot be beaten overnight. I would suggest you find a good Christian counselor trained in sexual issues.

Upvote 0

Danoded

Christian Monotheist
Nov 22, 2017
United Kingdom
✟15,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
My prayers news girl.

That many years of inappropriate content addiction cannot be beaten overnight. I would suggest you find a good Christian counselor trained in sexual issues.

I would say otherwise. God can and has delivered people from many evil addictions which plagues their lives, and placing faith in Him will ensure that whatever addiction a person is facing CAN be beaten that very moment. Of course, the more someone has engaged with an addiction, the harder it will feel to completely disengage from it. By the way, for hard drugs, it is definitely a must for someone to seek medical attention so that they do not become overwhelmed by the withdrawal symptoms.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God can and has delivered people from many evil addictions which plagues their lives, and placing faith in Him will ensure that whatever addiction a person is facing CAN be beaten that very moment.
Can? Of course.
Has? Of course?
Will ensure? Not so much.

My stepdad was instantly delivered from a decade old "several pack a day" smoking addiction when he got saved. Others that had more faith and a closer walk with God struggled for years to kick the smoking habit.

God treats each one as an individual. Some He delivers instantly while most others have to walk it out. His reasons are His own for the differentiation.

the more someone has engaged with an addiction, the harder it will feel to completely disengage from it.
Exactly. And that MAY be the reason God has most of them go thru the lengthy and difficult withdrawal process; to understand how bad going back into it would be.

Upvote 0

Danoded

Christian Monotheist
Nov 22, 2017
United Kingdom
✟15,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Can? Of course.
Has? Of course?
Will ensure? Not so much.

My stepdad was instantly delivered from a decade old "several pack a day" smoking addiction when he got saved. Others that had more faith and a closer walk with God struggled for years to kick the smoking habit.

God treats each one as an individual. Some He delivers instantly while most others have to walk it out. His reasons are His own for the differentiation.

Exactly. And that MAY be the reason God has most of them go thru the lengthy and difficult withdrawal process; to understand how bad going back into it would be.

Yes, it's definitely true that everyone experiences different reactions to kicking off an addiction that has been present in their lives for a long time, and that God can use experiences to bring us close r to Him.

However, I would say that if one is 100% fully committed to breaking an addiction and places faith in God to guide them and direct them through it, that they can be delivered, even if satan tries deceive them by making them feel as if they need it back in their lives.

Reactions: Zerose
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
if one is 100% fully committed to breaking an addiction and places faith in God to guide them and direct them through it, that they can be delivered,
I agree. And a few may even experience it instantly. But not most.

And that is NOT a deception from the devil. God uses the hardship and difficulty to build a strong foundation of godly character. (the LAST thing the devil wants in us)

Upvote 0

Danoded

Christian Monotheist
Nov 22, 2017
United Kingdom
✟15,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I agree. And a few may even experience it instantly. But not most.

And that is NOT a deception from the devil. God uses the hardship and difficulty to build a strong foundation of godly character. (the LAST thing the devil wants in us)

I would say it's definitely satan, otherwise it would not be true that so many people ensnared with an addiction with seemingly no way out, not to mention satan will do everything he can to try and cause people to fall back into their previous life of sin, which is why we must always place faith in God to deliver us from his evils and protect us from him.

Upvote 0

John Goodness

Supporter
Dec 18, 2017
Chicago
✟50,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi @Newsgurl - Thanks for your courage in bringing your struggles to light. Can you check if there are RECOVERY programs in churches near your area? inappropriate content and masturbation addiction causes a tremendous amount of shame. I've struggled with this for 28+ years. Keeping this in the dark feeds its power. Bringing it to light, the light of Jesus and His church family. If there are no recovery program, talk with a pastor. I just prayed for you.

Reactions: Zerose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

live4grace

Feb 19, 2005
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟16,917.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never thought I would say this but I have to get this out and come clean. I’ve grown up around inappropriate contentography since I was 12 my brother started looking at this when he was a teenager then it got me into looking at it to in forms of watching videos. I know this is not what God wants for my life but I keep relapsing back into watching it and (sorry for saying this) masterbating; it’s like a vicious cycle that doesn’t seem to stop. I need prayers for me to beat this addiction and to follow God’s ways. I want to do what’s right and not falling into lust and touching yourself. I want to forget everything I’ve ever looked at and watched and turn away from Satan forever.

I have had this problem big time and know MANY who have. inappropriate content addiction is a chemical dependency on the endorphins that your brain produces when you view or listen to inappropriate contentographic material.

It's extremely rare that people can beat this addiction alone. You need a group of people of your same gender with the same problem to work through the underlying issues. Doing spiritual pushups and trying harder do not work; this is bigger than you are. I suggest Pure Desire Ministries

I know the founder, Ted Roberts and his wife Diane. Their work is phenomenal. You will be set free, but you need to connect and stay connected.

You are NOT alone.

Upvote 0