✟16,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My hope has lead me here.
Me and my sister have been under what I believe to be a spiritual attack on our body/ some sort of witchcraft. It started once we started to attend a church of signs and wonders. The prophet there was into astrology and had read my palm, asked me my personal information and also done chants in my home, including multiple things I was ignorant of, now i do believe that it was actually an occult.

We have both been feeling odd sensations in our body of crawling, things jumping upon our body, creature like beings sitting on our skin, pressure coming in and out of our heads, the list goes on.

I've been to the hospital and on medication that hasn't done a thing for me. I've also done spiritual baths suggested by my Carribean family that has not done a thing either, some I even believe making it worse. But these sensation attacks are only getting worse. I don't know where to turn, it's been going on for 2 years.

Any word of advice of encouragement will also be nice.

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Try to recite God's word daily. Psalms 3, Psalms 118 etc. Trust in The Lord with all your heart and He will come through for you. Stay away from such people. They are being used by the devil. How can someone who's into occultic practices even call himself a prophet.

Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2020
Toronto
✟16,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Try to recite God's word daily. Psalms 3, Psalms 118 etc. Trust in The Lord with all your heart and He will come through for you. Stay away from such people. They are being used by the devil. How can someone who's into occultic practices even call himself a prophet.

Okay I will make sure to do it daily.
I know it's so sad and it caught me off guard but ofcourse they would use such a trap to get to God's people, its hard to trust anyone now but just staying on my toes.

• Friendly
Reactions: ronlion
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟794,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry that you were exposed to the occult at church. I believe in signs and wonders from God but
No prophet of God would read your palm. I did a couple of things that I didnt know they were wrong. But thankfully our God forgives when we confess our sins and repent. (I John 1:9).

Also, John Eckhardt ministries would be able to help you. We've heard him speak several times. You'll want to be diligent about reading the Bible.. Not saying you dont now but we have to fill ourselves with God's Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay I will make sure to do it daily.
I know it's so sad and it caught me off guard but ofcourse they would use such a trap to get to God's people, its hard to trust anyone now but just staying on my toes.

You can do it alone with the Lord
in the comforts of your home. You dont really need a Man of God to deliver you unless The Lord has told you otherwise. I speak from personal experience.

Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2020
Toronto
✟16,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Friendly
Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2020
Toronto
✟16,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am so sorry that you were exposed to the occult at church. I believe in signs and wonders from God but
No prophet of God would read your palm. I did a couple of things that I didnt know they were wrong. But thankfully our God forgives when we confess our sins and repent. (I John 1:9).

Also, John Eckhardt ministries would be able to help you. We've heard him speak several times. You'll want to be diligent about reading the Bible.. Not saying you dont now but we have to fill ourselves with God's Word.

Yes I have his book prayers that rout rout demons but I will also start watching his ministries too. I understand, sometimes I am off and on for short periods because I get so discouraged but I have to remain in the word

• Friendly
Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2020
Toronto
✟16,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can do it alone with the Lord
in the comforts of your home. You dont really need a Man of God to deliver you unless The Lord has told you otherwise. I speak from personal experience.

Okay, I couldn't find a genuine one in Canada that didn't have red flags and my pastor himself told me he couldn't help me

Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2020
Toronto
✟16,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Are you speaking out sermon or a specific book from John eckhart ?

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You asked a great question concerning whether an inexperienced person can do this alone. I think that answer is up to you. If you are desperate, I would say do it, if you can't find anyone else to help. Remember the Lord is gracious, He knows your heart and wants to meet you where you are. Most of our human problems can be handled by gaining in the knowledge of God's word. Expect God to give you revelation concerning your situation. In other words, to have liberty in Christ, you have to be on the attack in many different ways. I do not have a complete list, but your confession and understanding of the word, your fellowship, your praise, your prayer and fasting, and your hope and persistence; all should work to move you into maturity with Christ. God sees your heart and He is not going to miss delivering you just because you did not recite some exact words. I believe my greatest deliverance came when worshiping the Lord in church one Sunday. Something just lifted off me. The people I know that do deliverance, practice self-deliverance on themselves as well. I pray you have wisdom from above to find ways to combat all the issues that you face. James 4:7 (KJV)
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,082,226.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As for demonic oppression I will give some suggestions. I hope they help! First, watch out for any secular media - books, t.v. music, whatever. They often have ungoldly messages in them. Those kinds of things can attract evil spirits from what I have researched.

2nd, here is a form of spriitual warfare which has helped those in the Bible, and me personally. Singing praise songs! David gave Saul relief from evil spirits that way. Paul and Silas got out of prison, miraculously, that way. King Jehoshaphat saw enemy armies coming against Israel in overwhelming numbers. His priests went out before the enemy hoardes doing nothing but carrying the Ark (and the Ark, Yahushuah, aka Jesus, is in you) and sang praise songs. The result? The enemy armies turned on one another, killed every last one of themselves, and the Israelites had 3 days of booty to pick up from the field.

Once I worked in a place which I began to believe was filled with people who were into "the dark side." (There may be some such in your life, in the background, as they are getting more numerous all the time.) Sometimes at night I would have these strange visions in my head and other forms of what seemed like demonic oppression.

I prayed to know what to do. I was told to hum Christian songs. Singing is probably better, but I was in bed! This worked totally. I had to repeat it with future attacks, but eventually the attacks stopped.

Now, as someone trained as a speech/language pathologist I worry about things called vocal nodules, sometimes called singers' nodules. So, if you decide to try to praise singing, I would say to sing softly or you can get blisters on your vocal cords which will make your voice hoarse and be problematic generally. Soft singing works just as well as loud singing!
I would also say that if a song says "He is holy..." or "He is the light of the world..." or whatever that you can train yourself to be more directly in contact with the Almighty and sing "YOU are holy...YOU are the light of the world..." etc. If by any chance you have the gift of speaking in tongues btw, that works great too.

(The Bible says there is a kind of tongues that "no man understands" where you "speak unto the Father." Tongues are a wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit.)
Youthful and peppy: JumpStart3
Kind of old fashioned sounding music, but still great:
integrity music scripture memory songs - YouTube
Jhttps://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sons+of+korah+musicust the Psalms, mellow sounding:
Sons of Korah

I pray for your freedom and healing.

Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2020
Toronto
✟16,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You asked a great question concerning whether an inexperienced person can do this alone. I think that answer is up to you. If you are desperate, I would say do it, if you can't find anyone else to help. Remember the Lord is gracious, He knows your heart and wants to meet you where you are. Most of our human problems can be handled by gaining in the knowledge of God's word. Expect God to give you revelation concerning your situation. In other words, to have liberty in Christ, you have to be on the attack in many different ways. I do not have a complete list, but your confession and understanding of the word, your fellowship, your praise, your prayer and fasting, and your hope and persistence; all should work to move you into maturity with Christ. God sees your heart and He is not going to miss delivering you just because you did not recite some exact words. I believe my greatest deliverance came when worshiping the Lord in church one Sunday. Something just lifted off me. The people I know that do deliverance, practice self-deliverance on themselves as well. I pray you have wisdom from above to find ways to combat all the issues that you face. James 4:7 (KJV)
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I know that I need to renew my faith because my hope and trust is low but I just believe that it has to do with the amount of time that I've been experiencing this and no matter how much I pray and read it gets worse, but I will take in consideration all you've wrote

Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2020
Toronto
✟16,234.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As for demonic oppression I will give some suggestions. I hope they help! First, watch out for any secular media - books, t.v. music, whatever. They often have ungoldly messages in them. Those kinds of things can attract evil spirits from what I have researched.

2nd, here is a form of spriitual warfare which has helped those in the Bible, and me personally. Singing praise songs! David gave Saul relief from evil spirits that way. Paul and Silas got out of prison, miraculously, that way. King Jehoshaphat saw enemy armies coming against Israel in overwhelming numbers. His priests went out before the enemy hoardes doing nothing but carrying the Ark (and the Ark, Yahushuah, aka Jesus, is in you) and sang praise songs. The result? The enemy armies turned on one another, killed every last one of themselves, and the Israelites had 3 days of booty to pick up from the field.

Once I worked in a place which I began to believe was filled with people who were into "the dark side." (There may be some such in your life, in the background, as they are getting more numerous all the time.) Sometimes at night I would have these strange visions in my head and other forms of what seemed like demonic oppression.

I prayed to know what to do. I was told to hum Christian songs. Singing is probably better, but I was in bed! This worked totally. I had to repeat it with future attacks, but eventually the attacks stopped.

Now, as someone trained as a speech/language pathologist I worry about things called vocal nodules, sometimes called singers' nodules. So, if you decide to try to praise singing, I would say to sing softly or you can get blisters on your vocal cords which will make your voice hoarse and be problematic generally. Soft singing works just as well as loud singing!
I would also say that if a song says "He is holy..." or "He is the light of the world..." or whatever that you can train yourself to be more directly in contact with the Almighty and sing "YOU are holy...YOU are the light of the world..." etc. If by any chance you have the gift of speaking in tongues btw, that works great too.

(The Bible says there is a kind of tongues that "no man understands" where you "speak unto the Father." Tongues are a wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit.)
Youthful and peppy: JumpStart3
Kind of old fashioned sounding music, but still great:
integrity music scripture memory songs - YouTube
Jhttps://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sons+of+korah+musicust the Psalms, mellow sounding:
Sons of Korah

I pray for your freedom and healing.

Thank you, going back to my roots of praise and worship. It has been so long

Upvote 0