Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Socks

Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
✟173.00
Faith
Christian
It may not occur to Protestant Evangelical Christians living in the US, that in countries where Islam is the dominant religion, there is no distinction made between Protetant, Orthodox or Catholic. Whenever there is any type of persecution, those who Name the Name of Christ suffer together, because all proclaim the same Gospel that Jesus Christ is Lord, who came to earth, died for sin and rose again. I encourage born-again believers, when praying for their own missionaries and missions overseas, to consider that Christ was preached crucified and risen from the dead by other ancient churches, long before the reformation. Please try and give them some benefit of the doubt, that they just might be brothers and sisters in the faith, having believed in their hearts that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, confessing Him as Lord with their mouths, and are saved by their belief. Acts 16:30-31.

Paula

Veteran
Oct 15, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,178.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
White_Socks said:
It may not occur to Protestant Evangelical Christians living in the US, that in countries where Islam is the dominant religion, there is no distinction made between Protetant, Orthodox or Catholic. Whenever there is any type of persecution, those who Name the Name of Christ suffer together, because all proclaim the same Gospel that Jesus Christ is Lord, who came to earth, died for sin and rose again. I encourage born-again believers, when praying for their own missionaries and missions overseas, to consider that Christ was preached crucified and risen from the dead by other ancient churches, long before the reformation. Please try and give them some benefit of the doubt, that they just might be brothers and sisters in the faith, having believed in their hearts that Jesus Christ rose from the dead, confessing Him as Lord with their mouths, and are saved by their belief. Acts 16:30-31.
Excellent post, White Socks. It couldn't have been said any better!

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Orthodox Christian
Nov 21, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟9,414.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pray4Isrel said:
You mean Israel, right?
:)
No, I mean Palestine. The Christians that live in the areas controlled by Palestinian Authority such as the West Bank and Gaza are frequently subjected to raids from the Israeli army as well as being a minority amongst Muslims of their own ethnicity.

This is an excellent book showing what Christians in Palestine suffer:

witness.jpg

http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles2/KhouryWitness.shtml

Upvote 0

equity

Nov 28, 2003
UK, HERTFORDSHIRE
Visit site
✟189.00
Faith
Christian
:wave: come on brothers/sisters less arguing "debating" were is the community of believer, in us is the hope that is an example to the rest of the world, howver we are none of us are perfect.
Love one another walk peacefully with one another when difference arise take it to G-d First.

Commune with him and be united as a body, the tongue is the greatest destroyer..

so my brothers and sisters be blessed.

Upvote 0

craig_on_fire

On a quest to get 100% health
Feb 7, 2004
Thornton Heath, Surrey, UK
Visit site
✟15,821.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
I have terribly neglected my brothers and sisters in countries such as these..

It's so easy to get caught up with the hardships in your own life, little realising that there are those in other countries who are being tortured, persecuted and even killed for their faith in the Lord..

I will make it my mission to remember these blessed people and will uphold them in my prayers

Upvote 0

Faithful1

Jun 5, 2002
✟338.00
Faith
Christian
White_Socks said:
It may not occur to Protestant Evangelical Christians living in the US, that in countries where Islam is the dominant religion, there is no distinction made between Protetant, Orthodox or Catholic. Whenever there is any type of persecution, those who Name the Name of Christ suffer together, because all proclaim the same Gospel that Jesus Christ is Lord, who came to earth, died for sin and rose again. .
Good point White socks; thanks for the reminder.
It may eventually come to pass in the West that persecution will finally unite those of like faith from all denominations and eliminate the doctrinal bickering once and for all.

Faithful1:bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.