1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Pray for California.

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by derpytia, Nov 14, 2018.

1. derpytia

derpytia Compassion. Supporter

+1,164
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    Our entire state is a mess. An entire town completely burned off the map (and the fire is still burning). The air quality throughout the norther half of the state is in the hazardous levels and people are ending up in hospital emergency rooms because of it. There are now thousands of people displaces and homeless. We have five other big fires still burning with no sign of rain coming and none of them close to being put out.

We have people donating time, money, food, and shelter yet thousands are sleeping out in cold parking lots in the smokey air night after night. All the donations and humanitarian efforts are not enough. I have seen so many people who have lost absolutely everything come into my place of work to get new clothes because they don't have any.

Our governor seems to have completely given up the fight on this and has called these kinds of tragic fires "California's new normal" instead of rallying and working cooperatively with others to try and make sure this kind of tragedy happens less often.

The state government and federal government would rather fight against each other rather than immediately do what they can to ensure that this stops happening over and over again. Everyone who is in a position of power is busy pointing fingers so they won't get the blame while it's up to regular citizens who already struggle make ends meet to help.

On top of everything else, over half of the state is under a red flag warning for more fires.

I fear for our state. It feels, smells, and looks like an apocalypse out here. Please pray for us.

• Prayers Prayers x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. joshua 1 9

joshua 1 9 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,549
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Actually the infrastructure is still there. The roads, foundations, sewer, water supply. They are working on a 3D printer that could frame in a house for around $5,000. They need to improve some of that technology so people can recover a lot faster from disasters like this.

Fires are not unheard of in California. People should be prepared and have a good supply of respirators so they can deal with conditions like that. I am not really much of a prepper but it does not hurt to be prepared to deal with what life may send our way.

I have tried to burn weeds out of my years but the roots are still there and the vegetation comes back pretty quickly. This is where proper management is important. Evolutionists talk about extinctions and the population explosions that take place after. Recovery can be fast considering.

3. derpytia

derpytia Compassion. Supporter

+1,164
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    This is a prayer request thread. Your response can come across as a bit callous. :/

4. EzekielsWheels

EzekielsWheels Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,051
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    May the whole state of California turn to God during this time. May the Lord have mercy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. chuckpeterson

chuckpeterson Well-Known Member Supporter

+203
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    I pray that heavy rains come out of the sky and but out all those fires in one fell swoop & soon, very soon; like NOW!!
    :)-

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Humble me Lord

Humble me Lord Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,153
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Praying for you and your state, derpytia.
    Stay safe and God bless you.

7. pam4him

pam4him Member

+97
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    @derpytia, I am so sorry for all that is happening in CA. Lord, we ask your hand upon these fires, to provide relief and comfort for those in their paths and aftermath. We ask for wisdom for those in positions to offer assistance and to find ways to increase the help and support. Lastly we ask for peace and comfort in this traumatic time. Amen.

8. sunshine100

sunshine100 Love God Love people Supporter

+1,581
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    praying

9. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Angels Team Supporter

+31,590
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I pray for the fires to be put out, for lots of rain. Lord strengthen the Christians in that country to be empowered to help and pray, in Jesus name

10. Tone

Tone "Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great." Supporter

+6,841
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    Pray for us...we are shaking and baking out here. Thank you...Yah bless!

11. Mydreams

Mydreams Well-Known Member

+4,166
    India
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Lord we bring this prsyer to you and request, Lord protect the people in California and bless their lives. take control of the situation in California snd bless the people in California, in Jesus name, Amen!

12. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Angels Team Supporter

+31,590
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Lord keep the people safe from the earthquakes