Politics
US-Others
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=37047

Brittany Spears Responds to Altar Call

Comes Forward in Tears

Witnessing Tools
Tuesday, February 10, 2004
WND

According to World Net Daily, Brittany Spears got saved at a church service in Inglewood California. At the end of the sermon delivered by Bishop Kenneth C. Ulmer, the church's senior pastor, he asked those who had been moved by the message to come forward.

The Daily Record reports Spears and her mother then dried their eyes and walked hand in hand to the front of the church.

"Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth." Luke 15:10)

One can only pray that this isn't a publicity stunt and that the angels are having a party.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
side note:

also pray for Christians and Non-Christians listed at:

http://www.100megsfree4.com/csministries/who.html

Reactions: Proph

ShetlandRose

Loves Dogs!
Jan 18, 2004
Land of Hiawatha
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I watched this prayer request go by without any posted responses, and on my first viewing I thought, "Britney Spears...Yeah, well, maybe real repentance maybe not -- Hollywood. Yuck!" But I still see no prayer partners committing to intercessory prayer. My wise Christian grandmother taught me at her knee when I was very small that many people have nobody to pray for them--no one at all! God will give us at least one person each day for which to pray. That might be a stranger on the street or someone you read about, or even someone you see on TV. Don't be so busy that you ignore that ministry. God will give you at least one person if you watch for it and listen to His urging. Maybe they have no one else in the world.

ShetlandRose :angel:

Reactions: Suzannah
Upvote 0

Suzannah

A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Good! Art really needs prayer! Glad to know I'm not the only one praying for celebrities/famous people. Honestly, I don't know why I've been praying for Marie. Just that I saw her on TV one day and she just looked soooooooooo sad....and I just felt that the Lord wanted me to pray for her, so I did and then just never stopped. I hope she finds whatever she needs and that the Lord blesses her.

Upvote 0

ShetlandRose

Loves Dogs!
Jan 18, 2004
Land of Hiawatha
✟1,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Suzannah: The only personal telephone conversation I ever had with Dr. Kent Hovind ("Dr. Dino" of Creation Science Evangelism -- and oh, boy, how some people on this forum bash him). But, anyway, that aside, we both have a heavy burden for Art Bell, and that is all we talked about. So it is nice to know that someone else prays for Art Bell as well.

ShetlandRose :angel:

Upvote 0

Risen Tree

previously Rising Tree
Nov 20, 2002
Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Does anyone remember when Deion Sanders became a Christian? His turnaround was instant and unmistakeable. Something within him had clearly changed. Likewise, if we see a 180-degree turnaround from Britney, we'll know that her decision was genuine.

I couldn't find any other sources claiming this news, but then again, this kind of story would never make the mainstream news.

If her decesion was for real, one wonders if her 55-hour marriage had something to do with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'll pray for her! :) I've been praying for Marie Osmond for years...she'll now be in good company with Britney...
:)
Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on the souls of Britney and her family, that they come to truly know you and come to the Faith.
:amen: :amen: :amen:
For three years this thread has sat . Has she turned away from sin to God ? I have not followed her story so I am asking . I am Praying for Her.

Upvote 0

bethrow

Veteran
Sep 8, 2006
✟12,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember watching a clip on tv few years ago Brittany and her mother in a church going up to the front...this maybe the same thing that Billiefan is talking about. This was a few years ago and I thought that she was saved and then all of the garbage that she's done in the last few years....just didn't make sense to see that clip it and she was wiping her tears in that video.
I don't know what to believe, but I don't think the video was anything recent since I watched it several years ago.
I have her in my prayers though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sahjacq

Veteran
Sep 18, 2006
uk
✟2,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My prays are for brittany, I pray lord for her heart my lord, fill it with your love, let her fill the joy of your kindness that evolves around us all, which is such a beautiful gift that we receive from accepting you into our lives, bless her my lord and lift her into your light.
amen.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I think it is a wonderful idea to pray for Brittany..

Dear Father God I come to You through Jesus name.. Father all of us will stand before You one day.. And all will be judged the same.. celebrities and us non-celebrites.. Father Brittany has been through so much of late.. Father and the media has been hard on her.. and we know her lifestyle only from what has been publicized... And that is not always the truth.. Father she has made some wrong choices.. but haven't we all.. Father thank You that You forgive her for everything a you do everyone of us!! I praise Your holy name that we can have a clean slate!! Father help this young woman and mother.. Father that she turn to You completely and know You as her Saviour.. Father her life is not easy to live.. being in the public eye.. we have no idea the pressures on her... Father help her and give her strength and guidance.. Let her eyes be opened to Your ways.. and give her hope that with Jesus she can do this... Thank You for those who pause to pray for those in the public eye.. We are all sheep without a shepherd when we are not following You.. and wolves would come and devour us without mercy.. We thank You for Your holy angels that are out there working to help those who will inherit salvation.. Father may they surround Brittany and whisper words of encouragement in her ears... Amen

Upvote 0