Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is good, all the time!
And all the time, God is good!

I have never gone to a Protestant church that uses prayer books nor prewritten prayers much less an Orthodox church. During my research I kept coming across a prayer called the "Jesus Prayer".
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
This prayer, from what I've read is to be repeated. Well tonight I ran late while working and didn't get out until 10:20pm. The bus normally leaves the stop at 10:15. I had no way of getting home outside of it. I stood at the stop desperate and worried and getting cold. Then, in desperation, I said the Jesus Prayer out loud. At first just casually. Then as I repeated it I said it as if I was talking to Him. Then I saw it, the bus was late Praise God!

I said Thank you God so many times and when I got on the bus I found out that the bus driver was held up by odd circumstances with college students getting off on wrong stops and the like seemingly for no reason. I know the reason. God knew I'd place my trust in Him in that moment and so He worked everything out so I wouldn't be alone beside a highway for the night.

Praise God!

Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When my wife, kids, and I landed in Athens, the tour company didn’t pick us up!!! It was 2:00am, sowe grabbed a bus. The bus dropped us off like 8 blocks from our hotel in a rough area!!i was terrified!! There were some shady characters approaching us, and we’d never been to Greece before. It was so dark outside!! There we were—-five Americans with a ton of luggage and wallets with heaps of cash.

NO TAXIS!!!
NO BUSSES!!

I prayed like crazy and then suddenly a taxi shows up and the driver took us to the hotel!

• Winner
Reactions: Kajiki
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God is good, all the time!
And all the time, God is good!

I have never gone to a Protestant church that uses prayer books nor prewritten prayers much less an Orthodox church. During my research I kept coming across a prayer called the "Jesus Prayer".
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
This prayer, from what I've read is to be repeated. Well tonight I ran late while working and didn't get out until 10:20pm. The bus normally leaves the stop at 10:15. I had no way of getting home outside of it. I stood at the stop desperate and worried and getting cold. Then, in desperation, I said the Jesus Prayer out loud. At first just casually. Then as I repeated it I said it as if I was talking to Him. Then I saw it, the bus was late Praise God!

I said Thank you God so many times and when I got on the bus I found out that the bus driver was held up by odd circumstances with college students getting off on wrong stops and the like seemingly for no reason. I know the reason. God knew I'd place my trust in Him in that moment and so He worked everything out so I wouldn't be alone beside a highway for the night.

Praise God!
Glory to God! It's wonderful how things always seem to work out just right. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Kajiki
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When my wife, kids, and I landed in Athens, the tour company didn’t pick us up!!! It was 2:00am, sowe grabbed a bus. The bus dropped us off like 8 blocks from our hotel in a rough area!!i was terrified!! There were some shady characters approaching us, and we’d never been to Greece before. It was so dark outside!! There we were—-five Americans with a ton of luggage and wallets with heaps of cash.

NO TAXIS!!!
NO BUSSES!!

I prayed like crazy and then suddenly a taxi shows up and the driver took us to the hotel!
As I remember, you had lots of folks praying for you too! Didn't hear that story - Glory to God and glad y'all were safe. :)

Upvote 0