Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I was watching a video about the Psalmists least semester, and one interesting point the guy brought up was how enthusiastic the Psalmists can be in their view of God in everything; they're practically saying, "Praise the Lord! My kitchen counter is dirty! Praise the Lord! It's foggy today!"
While I don't remember much else that he said, or even what psalms he was referring to, the idea of praise for everything, even those things that don't seem praiseworthy, stuck with me. I'd like to open up this thread for praising the Lord for even the smallest things, to vastly deepen our faith & connection with God by thanking Him for the most insignificant details of our lives.
Some of my own:
--Praise the Lord! I'm getting better at ice skating!
--Praise the Lord! It's cold today!
--Praise the Lord! I had a nice waffle for breakfast!
--Praise the Lord! I'm learning to play the French horn!
--Praise the Lord! I was late to class yesterday!
When we become thankful for things, we can see much more clearly why God put these things in our lives; remember, He's got infinite power & infinite goodness; nothing is here by accident.
Praise the Lord!

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I was watching a video about the Psalmists least semester, and one interesting point the guy brought up was how enthusiastic the Psalmists can be in their view of God in everything; they're practically saying, "Praise the Lord! My kitchen counter is dirty! Praise the Lord! It's foggy today!"
While I don't remember much else that he said, or even what psalms he was referring to, the idea of praise for everything, even those things that don't seem praiseworthy, stuck with me. I'd like to open up this thread for praising the Lord for even the smallest things, to vastly deepen our faith & connection with God by thanking Him for the most insignificant details of our lives.
Some of my own:
--Praise the Lord! I'm getting better at ice skating!
--Praise the Lord! It's cold today!
--Praise the Lord! I had a nice waffle for breakfast!
--Praise the Lord! I'm learning to play the French horn!
--Praise the Lord! I was late to class yesterday!
When we become thankful for things, we can see much more clearly why God put these things in our lives; remember, He's got infinite power & infinite goodness; nothing is here by accident.
Praise the Lord!
"Praise the Lord! My kitchen counter is dirty!

Hahaaaaa LOVE this!!! I'm going to actually TRY this and ask God to HELP me to. I've never, as of this writing, praised God for the kitchen counter being dirty.

LOL!

• Agree
Reactions: once was lost
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A few more praises from my own life, currently:
Thanks be to God, I'm doing quite well in Learn to Play Hockey class, I've recently switched to French horn for concert band, and that still needs a lot of improvement, but it's very fun, I'm doing well in most of my classes...but most of all, I'd like to praise God for granting me the trust & joy in Him so that I don't pay enough attention to everything that's going badly in my life to be distracted from what's really important: faith in God (and finding a girlfriend--no luck yet, but with God, I know it'll work out well!).
Praise the Lord!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great idea for recognizing the good God gives us. It's too easy to forget or not appreciate what he's done.

Woke this morning not wanting to work as I felt tired, just wanted the weekend to get here. Prayed to the Lord for his help, sang psalm 92 couple times feeling more alive and willing. Praise the Lord for the spirit of life! During work I struggled to stay in spirit, except the Lord was with me; sometimes I even repeated in my mind "Lord" or "Remember the Lord"; then there's "Don't be ashamed of your work." Praise the Lord for his presence within us! Now I'm home after I had a day's work behind me feeling I did something productive, it's Friday even. Praise the Lord for my week of fulfillment and it being the weekend!

Upvote 0

once was lost

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2018
SCHENECTADY
Visit site
✟28,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
Every morning i feel gratitude that i can get up and help my mother with her morning coffee at 5:00 am. I feel happy that we are together again after 40 years basically apart and that she, a fiercely independent woman, has come to accept my help and show me her relief that i am there. I praise for my decision last fall, which i feel i was led to and helped with from above.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Every morning i feel gratitude that i can get up and help my mother with her morning coffee at 5:00 am. I feel happy that we are together again after 40 years basically apart and that she, a fiercely independent woman, has come to accept my help and show me her relief that i am there. I praise for my decision last fall, which i feel i was led to and helped with from above.

:heart: That's precious. God bless you and your mom (((hug)))

Reactions: once was lost
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This is a little thing overall, but a very big thing for me....I got my own hockey stick!!! And it was FREE!!!! Now I can play rat hockey on Sundays, since Learn to Play Hockey class is ending at Spring Break next week!
I'm excited about this. Can you tell?
I was talking with the rink manager after hockey class today, and mentioned that I was sad that class was ending soon. He mentioned that there was hockey drop-ins on Sundays, just rat hockey for anyone who shows up. I asked if they provided sticks, and he said no. Then he paused; "Right or left handed?" "Right." "I've got something for you."
I don't know how much of this you understood, but it's a big deal, and I've done a lot of God-praising because of it.:clap:

Upvote 0