Confessional Liturgical Lutheran
Site Supporter
Sep 12, 2006
✟44,856.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave:Welcome to CF! There's something for everyone here. It's an amazing, complex place.

As to your question, I cannot answer it. But there's an all-members Dance forum that might have some folks who can help out. There's also a Christians-only Worship forum or Creative Arts forum you could ask. Hope you can find an answer there.

I look forward to getting to know you as you post in the community.

Upvote 0

Myrrh

Holy Things are for the Holy
Sep 24, 2005
Pleasanton, California
✟8,367.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
attachment.php

Upvote 0

bithiah2

Jah is my strength and song!
Jun 12, 2006
metro
✟18,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can anyone help me in knowing what type of rules and regulations are need for a praise dancing group

hi!:wave:
this might help you...
Dance Team Guidelines*

These are the general guidelines that I expect my dance team members to follow at my home church. Make sure to get input from your own pastors when establishing a set of guidelines for your dance company. These rules are actually appropriate for any performing arts ministry team.
A. Spiritual Rules:
1. A personal, committed relationship to Jesus Christ.
2. A Christian walk consistent with Biblical guidelines, i.e. a lifestyle of holiness and purity in the way you act, dress, and in the things you do away from, as well as at church.
3. Daily devotional prayer life, including worship, prayer support for the team, the vision of the church, and the harvest of souls.
4. Have the baptism of the Holy Spirit, evidenced by speaking in tongues.
5. Regular attending member of a local church.

B. Physical/Practical Rules:
1. An attitude of submission and humility to Christ, the leadership of the dance team and the church, as well as a teachable spirit. Support for one another as team members.
2. Keeping your body, mind and spirit free from injury and sin in order to be able to minister properly under the power and the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
3. Appropriate dress as priestly representatives of Jesus Christ at all times.
4. Faithful attendance of classes and rehearsals, appointed meetings, and church on Sundays.
5. Flexibility!
6. Patience! There is a season of confirmation and ordination. Trust your leader's wisdom in determining when you are to be released into ministry.

*i pulled this from the internet and it is in my computer. it is from Evangel Christian Fellowship in San Jose CA. the writer is Barbara Walther. it is just an example of their guide lines, based on what they believe in their church. your guidelines are based on the beliefs of your church and anything you do must be approved by your pastor/pastors. if you want more information you can also go to www.dancingforhim.com. they have a lot of resources. i have a lot of their books and i just ordered more materials because i have been released to start the dance ministry with the children at my church. i am excited but i also know how serious it is.
the most common guidelines are that everything done is to be done from the standpoint of the Bible, and worship to God. all clothing must be modest, which does not mean that your garments have to hang on you like sackcloth. there is a good example of a nice garment on the dancing for him website.
blessings
bithiah2

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums