Practicing the Presence of the Heavenly Father...

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There have been some mystics out there who talked about the glories that one experiences in what they called "Practicing the Presence." Two I know of were a monk called Brother Andrew and a Missionary last century to the Philippines, named Frank Laubach.

Their methodology was very simple and Biblical. How are we transformed? "...by the renewing of your minds....He who keeps His mind stayed on Me I will keep in perfect peace."

Those men, and some others, learned to keep talking to the Almighty throughout their days and nights in ways from the mundane to the profound. Then the joys came.

It is so simple. And somehow so difficult. The flesh rebels. It wants to fret over this or that or dwell on what I call "junk thoughts."

Here and there over the years I have tried to do what those mystics did, and have experienced glimmers of what they talked about, experienced enough to know it's all for real. But I never can keep it up for long at all. Or, I am mechanical, rather than speaking from the heart, and we "must worship Him in Spirit and in truth."

I really think that Practicing the Presence is the answer to everything. In that state we feel more love for others than ourselves, and of course our love for the Father increases and He promises "Delight yourself in YHWH" aka God "and He will give you the desires of your heart." Faith works by love and in that state, what I call "the Love Bubble", faith expands.

Please pray for me, simply put, to keep it up, day and night, and to do so with heart. Thank you.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
God is more present to us than we are to God. It is mindfulness in Christ.
Yes, that is true, but through focusing on Him, by "bringing every thought captive to" Him, as the Word says, then we can experience that mindfulness the Bible points us toward.

As far as the Almighty being more close to us than we are to Him, well yes again. Of course He is everywhere. However He also says "Draw near to me and I will draw near you." When we turn out thoughts, in conjunction with our hearts, toward Him ongoing we are drawing near to Him, as opposed to the world with all its distractions that we can get too caught up in.

• Agree
Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There have been some mystics out there who talked about the glories that one experiences in what they called "Practicing the Presence." Two I know of were a monk called Brother Andrew and a Missionary last century to the Philippines, named Frank Laubach.

Their methodology was very simple and Biblical. How are we transformed? "...by the renewing of your minds....He who keeps His mind stayed on Me I will keep in perfect peace."

Those men, and some others, learned to keep talking to the Almighty throughout their days and nights in ways from the mundane to the profound. Then the joys came.

It is so simple. And somehow so difficult. The flesh rebels. It wants to fret over this or that or dwell on what I call "junk thoughts."

Here and there over the years I have tried to do what those mystics did, and have experienced glimmers of what they talked about, experienced enough to know it's all for real. But I never can keep it up for long at all. Or, I am mechanical, rather than speaking from the heart, and we "must worship Him in Spirit and in truth."

I really think that Practicing the Presence is the answer to everything. In that state we feel more love for others than ourselves, and of course our love for the Father increases and He promises "Delight yourself in YHWH" aka God "and He will give you the desires of your heart." Faith works by love and in that state, what I call "the Love Bubble", faith expands.

Please pray for me, simply put, to keep it up, day and night, and to do so with heart. Thank you.

In scripture it is called "walking in the Spirit.
"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh."

Upvote 0