Powerful Prayer; Ex-Satanist speaks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cassidy

I don't contradict what God says. Listen...there are those who call themselves Christians and walk in the ways of the world. Then there are faithful ones.

God rewards those who earnestly seek Him. Carnal Christians' sins are hindered. Heard, but hindered.

What do you do with the verse that says that when we sin Christ is our advocate?

I mean....when I was walking in the way of the world....you could say that my prayers were hindered but I know they weren't. Because here I am back to where God wanted me all along. The Holy Spirit still made intercession for me...even while I was walking in sin! Christ was still there, my advocate...the Holy Spirit was still there praying away with groanings that could not be uttered!

My prayers were answered because I'm here....Praise God!

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah 1
12 When you come to appear before me,
who has asked this of you,
this trampling of my courts? 13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
Your incense is detestable to me.
New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations—
I cannot bear your evil assemblies.
14 Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts
my soul hates.
They have become a burden to me;
I am weary of bearing them.
15 When you spread out your hands in prayer,
I will hide my eyes from you;
even if you offer many prayers,
I will not listen.
Your hands are full of blood;
16 wash and make yourselves clean.
Take your evil deeds
out of my sight!
Stop doing wrong,
17 learn to do right!
Seek justice,
encourage the oppressed. [a]
Defend the cause of the fatherless,
plead the case of the widow
18 "Come now, let us reason together,"
says the LORD.
"Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What do you do with the verse that says that when we sin Christ is our advocate?

I mean....when I was walking in the way of the world....you could say that my prayers were hindered but I know they weren't. Because here I am back to where God wanted me all along. The Holy Spirit still made intercession for me...even while I was walking in sin! Christ was still there, my advocate...the Holy Spirit was still there praying away with groanings that could not be uttered!

My prayers were answered because I'm here....Praise God!

He IS our Advocate when we consult Him as our Advocate.

When I was backslidden, my prayers were hindered. It was the prayers of those who walked faithfully with God, who were prayer warriors that God honoured, that caused me to come back and not go any further.

Upvote 0

christiancarsalesman

Selling cars and Praising God
Nov 26, 2008
✟7,642.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a difficult time believing stories like that. Cause most satanist use drugs heavily, and this could cause these delusions. I am not denying that there is a spiritual going on that we dont see. But the only reason his body would be with him at that church, is he finally come down from the drugs.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
ok:)

I was just pointing out,that these types of posts,can strees out some,buy putting an undue burden on some believers.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

Those ascendant ones,were the ones to be lucky enough to know there prayers cracked the rock,and only those strong saints were heard.

It's got nothing to do with luck. We can all aim higher in our walk so that our prayers avail much.

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

He IS our Advocate when we consult Him as our Advocate.

When I was backslidden, my prayers were hindered. It was the prayers of those who walked faithfully with God, who were prayer warriors that God honoured, that caused me to come back and not go any further.

But that's not what the scripture says. It says that when we sin (so obviously we are not consulting Him) Christ is our advocate. It doesn't say...when we sin christ is our advocate if we consult him does it? If we're sinning we're not going to be consulting him are we...for if we were then we wouldn't be sinning anymore.

When I wasn't walking with God it was the HOly Spirit that brought me back, and Christ who was my advocate and praise God for that, all my prayers were heard and answered because I'm here!

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
He talked about lots of things, which really troubled my mind. He said when they are up there and the Christians begin to pray on earth, the prayers of the Christians appear to them in three forms. All prayers appear like smoke that is rising up into the heavens, and he says that some prayers appear like smoke and they go meandering and disappear in the air.

He says that the people who normally pray like that and there prayers disappear are people who have sin in their lives and they are not willing to deal with it. Their prayers are so weak, they are blown and they disappear in the air.

And he said there are others whose prayers are like smoke that rises up until it reaches this rock, but it does not break through the rock. He says, usually these are those who try to purify themselves, but they lack the faith in what they are doing as they pray. And usually they ignore the other keys to use-- areas that they need to put together in prayer.

He says that the third type of prayer is like smoke that is filled with fire. As it rises up, it is so hot that as it reaches the rock, the rock begins to melt like wax and it pierces that rock and goes through, and he said many times people begin to pray and their prayers are like the first type of prayer. As they continue praying, their prayers change and become like the second prayer.
:o Since when does our prayers not reach God if we have sin on our life?

John 4:24, God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

God will always hear our prayers no matter what state we, his children, are in. Why, because our spirits connext.

Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

It's got nothing to do with luck. We can all aim higher in our walk so that our prayers avail much.

Only if they are 'physically' righteous...which isn't the case. All sin and none are righteous. Only spiritually are we made righteous. And since we are ALL righeous in HIM then our prayers are as effectually fervent and avail much.

Also I'd like to point out...that when 1 sheep strays and the shepherd leaves the 99 and goes and finds him....who do you think he is closest to? The ones who are happily grazing in the field OR the one who has strayed? The one who needs him more...he is closest too...he leaves the others behind just so he can go and find him. Interesting huh?

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0
C

Cassidy

:o Since when does our prayers not reach God if we have sin on our life?

John 4:24, God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

God will always hear our prayers no matter what state we, his children, are in. Why, because our spirits connext.

That's the whole point of Christ dying on the cross I thought. Because sin DID once separate us from God and sin DID once hinder our prayers....hence all the sacrifices and rituals and things.

NOW...Christ has bridge that gap that sin created and took the sin onto himself so that all prayers are heard and answered, because sin no longer blocks the pathway to God.

Why are people arguing with this?...this is basic salvation!

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
God says that our prayers can be hindered, even in 1 Peter 3:7
In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.

Surely we hinder them when we have unrepented sin in our lives, and bad attitudes and unforgiveness toward people.

This seems too much of an important deal to be baseing one verse on this, especially considering the context it is in. Are there anymore verses that say something like this about prayer?

I think for right now I have to believe that our prayers are always heard by God. What I would say this verse is talking about is not the prayer itself being hindered but our expectent answer from God being hindered. If we are in unrepentant sin God is not obligated to give us the answer to our prayers that we expect. To me that is the hinderance this verse is talking about.

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
This doesn't say your prayers will not be heard by God but only that God is not obilgated to answer them. The man in the OP is saying something totally different though, he's saying that your prayers wont even reach God's ears.

Reactions: sonic purity
Upvote 0

sonic purity

Selling Cars and Praising God
Aug 11, 2008
Redding, CA
✟8,265.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This doesn't say your prayers will not be heard by God but only that God is not obilgated to answer them. The man in the OP is saying something totally different though, he's saying that your prayers wont even reach God's ears.

:amen:

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't think that is the real issue here. God hears all prayer.
But the man in the OP said that He doesn't hear all our prayers. He said that because some people have unrepentant sin in their life that their prayers never make it up to heaven. :scratch:

And I think, not sure, that Floatingaxe is implying that because Peter said that our prayers can be hindered then this man is right.

Reactions: sonic purity
Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But that's not what the scripture says. It says that when we sin (so obviously we are not consulting Him) Christ is our advocate. It doesn't say...when we sin christ is our advocate if we consult him does it? If we're sinning we're not going to be consulting him are we...for if we were then we wouldn't be sinning anymore.

When I wasn't walking with God it was the HOly Spirit that brought me back, and Christ who was my advocate and praise God for that, all my prayers were heard and answered because I'm here!

1 John 2:1
My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous.

John 14:26
But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.

Our Advocate doesn't plead for you until you repent. He asks the Father's forgiveness because you have come back to the cross of Christ.

That is what Scripture teaches.

Upvote 0

sonic purity

Selling Cars and Praising God
Aug 11, 2008
Redding, CA
✟8,265.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, this guy says something. That has no biblical foundation. And because he use to be a satanist. We give him more credit to tell us what to believe, than we give our own pastors and spiritual leaders? Did I miss something?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A Christian is heard.

A Christian can cause his prayers to go aground by sin, and by praying amiss. We must always do as Christ modeled in prayer: confess and go to God with a pure heart and clean hands.

Psalm 24:3-6
Who may climb the mountain of the Lord?
Who may stand in his holy place?
Only those whose hands and hearts are pure,
who do not worship idols
and never tell lies.
They will receive the Lord’s blessing
and have a right relationship with God their savior.
Such people may seek you
and worship in your presence, O God of Jacob.

One of my favorite Psalms and passages in scripture!

The meaning of that passage for us today is that because God has created a true righteous and holy spirit in us, created like him, that we now, unlike the OT people, can enter into his holy place. We can climb the mountain of the Lord, we can stand in his holy place. Why? because of our belief in him He has washed our dirty hands and purified our hearts! The curtain was torn from top to bottom! :clap:

Psalm 18:24
Therefore the LORD has recompensed me according to my righteousness,
According to the cleanness of my hands in His sight.
Yep, and when He looks at us what He sees is not dirty hands and an impure heart but that born again spirit He created in us! Thats what He sees! And that's why He will always listen to all of our prayers.

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This seems too much of an important deal to be baseing one verse on this, especially considering the context it is in. Are there anymore verses that say something like this about prayer?

I think for right now I have to believe that our prayers are always heard by God. What I would say this verse is talking about is not the prayer itself being hindered but our expectent answer from God being hindered. If we are in unrepentant sin God is not obligated to give us the answer to our prayers that we expect. To me that is the hinderance this verse is talking about.

Answers/requests...it is all considered prayer. It is two-way communication.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
One of my favorite Psalms and passages in scripture!

The meaning of that passage for us today is that because God has created a true righteous and holy spirit in us, created like him, that we now, unlike the OT people, can enter into his holy place. We can climb the mountain of the Lord, we can stand in his holy place. Why? because of our belief in him He has washed our dirty hands and purified our hearts! The curtain was torn from top to bottom! :clap:

Yep, and when He looks at us what He sees is not dirty hand and an impure heart but that born again spirit He created in us! Thats what He sees!

So true! :clap::amen::clap:

Reactions: nephilimiyr
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We can call ourselves righteous in Christ because God calls us that.

As far as sin--yes we sin and it is undealt-with, unconfessed sin and sinful heart attitudes that hinder our prayers. It can stop answers and it can delay them or cancel out what we ask altogether.
:thumbsup:

Well, ok, but that is not what that man said.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have a difficult time believing stories like that. Cause most satanist use drugs heavily, and this could cause these delusions. I am not denying that there is a spiritual going on that we dont see. But the only reason his body would be with him at that church, is he finally come down from the drugs.
You must have heard of Zeph Daniels?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.