Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am so encouraged by the many of you who have said that they need to go and ask God about it!

It is what I did. I had to weigh it carefully and in prayer I received God's confidence that this is true.

God bless you all.

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But look at the previous verse.

12if we endure,
we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
he will also disown us;

What this is talking about is salvation. Not whether or not God hears our prayers. He hears them all.
:)

Isaiah 59:1 Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Really? I didn't read it that way at all. There's no room for pride in the body of Messiah but there is a definite call to holiness for more reasons than the fact that God is worthy of our surrender.

But look at the previous verse.

12if we endure,
we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
he will also disown us;

What this is talking about is salvation. Not whether or not God hears our prayers. He hears them all.

well,seems like we agree,he hears them all,but the quotes I put,say something different..

And the fact reamains,he will be faithful...I used that in reference to show that fact about God's nature.You mentioned something about faith..

whatever bro..

Check out this nifty verse about faith and salvation..and our efforts..

Romans 9:16
It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

No one can say that he is righteous no not one

That is false, Cassidy. The Christian is the righteousness of God in Christ. We are to walk in righteousness and be bold in Him, not carry a false humility.

Romans 3:21-22
But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses[ and the prophets long ago. We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is false, Cassidy. The Christian is the righteousness of God in Christ. We are to walk in righteousness and be bold in Him, not carry a false humility.

But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses[ and the prophets long ago. We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
Romans 3:10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;

Upvote 0
C

Child-of-Zion

Check out this nifty verse about faith and salvation..and our efforts..

Romans 9:16
It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

Well if we branch off on this topic we'll be drifting away from the original topic of the thread.

Would you say that there is a difference in the prayer lives of the following two people?
1. A Christian who almost never prays and is giving into sin over and over, struggling and wanting to do good but is at a rough spot and not walking in victory like they should. We've all been there and anyone who says otherwise is lying.

2. A Christian who has been walking in the faith for a good while, experiencing victory like never before (not perfect, but being perfected), praying for multiple hours each day, clearly hearing the voice of God and the Spirit's direction for prayer.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Great testimony, but I still can't help question the validity, don't get me wrong... I just wonder how credible this is. Is it testimony or a good story turned into a testimony?

It is for you to cast aside those things that you feel do not seem right. It is, after all a testimony, but some of it is not Scripturally based.

We do need to ask the Lord what it is we can retain from it.

Feel free to cast aside what you cannot accept that isn't biblical. But please retain those things that are.

I do believe, after seeking God, that if we seek, there are references we can locate that will render the man's testimony as spiritually valid.

Leviticus 26:18-19
And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Romans 3:10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;

True enough, in our own strength. But as said, we are righteous because God in us:

That's a little further down the Romans road, but it's still there. So yes, in fact there are prayers that are heard, and those that are not.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God says we are righteous!

Romans 3:23-24
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.

In Jesus! YAY!

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well if we branch off on this topic we'll be drifting away from the original topic of the thread.

Would you say that there is a difference in the prayer lives of the following two people?
1. A Christian who almost never prays and is giving into sin over and over, struggling and wanting to do good but is at a rough spot and not walking in victory like they should. We've all been there and anyone who says otherwise is lying.

2. A Christian who has been walking in the faith for a good while, experiencing victory like never before (not perfect, but being perfected), praying for multiple hours each day, clearly hearing the voice of God and the Spirit's direction for prayer.

Nope..

I heard God just as clear when I got saved,as I do now,
no merit,just one with the Lord.

Matthew 28:20
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Proverbs 18:24
A man of too many friends comes to ruin,But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God says we are righteous!

Romans 3:23-24
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.

In Jesus! YAY!
Justified means to be declared righteous in God's sight. :preach:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1usul1

Sep 9, 2008
New Zealand
✟8,168.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope..

and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Proverbs 18:24
A man of too many friends comes to ruin,But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Perhaps you never progressed in the faith.

Upvote 0
C

Child-of-Zion

Nope..

Well in my own walk, and many others I personally know, I have experienced the quenching of the Spirit due to my own stupidity. Yes, God is with us. Yes, He will never abandon us or forsake us... but when I've shut my ears to Him then He doesn't force His words onto me. And the times when I have prayed while believing--erroneously-- that God is mad at me because of my sin, I don't see much in the way of answered prayer because I do not believe He'll answer them.
Other times, that block is not there and I experience great communion and intimacy with the Father.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.