BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I sure am glad he didn't have any boogers up his nose :sorry:

Yesh I wish all atheists were as nice as this. The ones I meet online are nasty critters.

It is the nasty ones who come around for Christ and become the best Christians, the nice ones are the ones who are definitely headed south.

Upvote 0
Z

zhilan

That was interesting. I've heard a similar argument, although less kindly worded in a letter that circled around several years ago. I think it was called "open letter from an atheist" or something like that.

The question I have with this is how are we (as Orthodox and Catholics who view salvation a little differently than Evangelicals) to respond? I do agree that it's a powerful statement and a good reminder of how important evangelism is, but the specific arguments are more geared towards evangelicals. Our understand is a little more nuanced. It's not a matter of just getting them to check the box and be saved.

How do you think Catholics and Orthodox should be responding to this? I always find the issue of evangelism for us being a little more complicated (but who knows, maybe it shouldn't be...)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.