Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I'm just posting the scriptures about the OP without doctrine on the subject. There is a past, present and future aspect to salvation.
Those scriptures you listed are very helpful if they are believed and applied. I find most Christians avoid and ignore the scriptures which they find hard to deal with.
The Churches which preach the whole counsel of God are almost empty, but those where the man centered gospel is preached are overflowing.

• Agree
Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Matthew 7:22-24 we see so called "Christian believers" being cast into the lake of fire. They say Lord Lord, haven't we cast out demons in your name and performed miracles etc. But Jesus tells them that He never knew them.

There’s a principal found in Ezekiel, that when a righteous man turns to sin, God forgets their prior righteousness.

Eze 3:20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

That’s how some believers who had faith and used spiritual gifts can end up cast into everlasting fire as workers of iniquity, that Christ doesn’t remember ever knowing.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Matthew 25:41-46 Jesus is not speaking to Christians. Those on his left are the Goats (reprobate unbelievers), the Bible never says that salvation can be lost

Paul writes to the church at Corinth to make sure they aren’t reprobates.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

He warns that some of the church that think they’re in the faith can actually have become reprobates.

The word reprobates is ADOKIMOS in the Greek, which becomes important in the verse where Paul says he has to subjugate his flesh (the flesh is worldly desires to sin) daily, lest after preaching salvation to others, he end up a castaway.

1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring itinto subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

The word castaway is, you guessed it, ADOKIMOS in the Greek.

Paul said he would end up a reprobate if he didn’t subjugate his flesh, with its sinful desires, daily.

Paul never taught unconditional eternal security - in fact he taught the opposite.

Paul makes clear that AFTER we have been saved, there is a continuing conflict between our wanting to walk in the flesh, (that wants us to live in sin)- and our desire to walk after the Holy Spirit that now dwells in us - and Paul warns that choosing to live in sins (works of the flesh), will keep us out of heaven:

Gal 5:16 I say this then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:18 But IF ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Gal 5:19 Now the WORKS OF THE FLESH are manifest, which are these;Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell YOU again, as I have also told youin time past, that they which DO such things shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God.

Paul warns us over and over, that if we believers choose to walk after the flesh, we will die spiritually - but if we choose to walk after the spirit, we will have everlasting life:

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is DEATH, but to be spiritually minded is LIFE and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is ENMITY against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Verse 8:7 Paul warns above, that having a carnal mind is ENMITY against God, meaning you actually become Gods ENEMY.

Will God let His enemies into heaven?

Jas 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is ENMITY with God? whosoever therefore will be a FRIEND OF THE WORLD is the ENEMY of God.

The verse above says sexual sins and being worldly, makes you Gods ENEMY.

Will God welcome His enemies into heaven?

Scripture clearly shows that continuing to remain in Christ is conditional on us 1) continuing to walk in the light, as He is in the light, and 2) continuing to walk after the spirit, instead of after the flesh.

In the two verses below, I underlined the conditional part of these scriptures that are always left out by hyper-grace, OSAS teachers.

1Jn 1:7 But IF we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

The word IF makes it a conditional statement.

The blood of Jesus cleansing the believer is conditional on their choosing to continue to walk in the light, as He is in the light.

Next:
Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk NOT AFTER THE FLESH, , but after the Spirit.

Having no condemnation, and remaining in Christ, is conditional upon walking after the Spirit, and not after the flesh.

Unconditional eternal security is not in the scriptures.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Philippians 3:
That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of
His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
If, by any means, I may attain the resurrection from the dead.
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected;
but I press on, that I may
lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting
those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think
otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the
same rule, let us be of the same mind.

Upvote 0