• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

power of descernment

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by Sharky, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Sharky

Sharky Rockin dude!

+154
    Christian
    How do you gain it? Only because it's been a concern to me when very strange things come up but you just simply, absolutely can't tell if it's from God or the devil.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. GraftMeIn

GraftMeIn The Masters Gardener

+4
    Good question Sharky, I just pray for understanding about a situation if I am confused about it. Also whatever it is, it should be in accordance with the Word of God.

3. Sharky

Sharky Rockin dude!

+154
    Christian
    Cool thnx but that raises a few problems on my part. There have been several times when the devil has twisted God's word against me.

What should i do in this situation? I'm sure God won't put me in a big situation that gets me into a 1:6000 split road but if this does come up i'll be confused as.

4. chelcb

chelcb 'Totus tuus'

+0
    Sharky,

Jesus said, "By their fruits you will know them."

God's spirit will bring you peace, not confusion or fear. That's one way of discerning.

5. carmen

carmen Active Member

+1
    The word says the muture learn to discern good from evil.
    The more of the word you learn and know he has alot harder
    time trying to trick you.

Muture in the word and your relationship with him this will protect you.
    study to know Gods characters and ways and how the devil works.
    The more you muture the quicker you are able to discern. Trust
    God that he will protect you. God saids that my sheep know my voice.
    seem you are his sheep you already know his voice hold onto that fact.God said it.
    You know his voice don't let the devil get you with fear or doubt that
    you are going to take the wrong turn.

6. GraftMeIn

GraftMeIn The Masters Gardener

+4
    Maybe these scriptures will help a little more

Galations 5:19-23
    Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

7. fieldmouse3

fieldmouse3 Contributor

+58
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Good question, Sharky...and good answers, every one else! This is something I think about a lot when I'm facing a confusing situation. What if every solution makes me feel confused and afraid? How do I know in those situations which is from God? I'm getting better at being able to answer those questions, though. I can't explain how...it just happened somewhere along the way. All I can tell you is to keep praying and practicing and you'll be fine!

8. chelcb

chelcb 'Totus tuus'

+0
    Hey, also the 10 commandments are always a good idea. Cross check if you are obeying God or offending him, that is another way we can discern when we are trying to make good decisions for our lives.

9. Sharky

Sharky Rockin dude!

+154
    Christian
    Thanx all. Those answers are really helpful. :)

Better start reading God's big instruction book more often.

10. Sharky

Sharky Rockin dude!

+154
    Christian
    Thanx all. Those answers are really helpful. :)

Better start reading God's big instruction book more often.