Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear saints, I trust that the Lord had been keeping and prospering you. The world teaches us to be go-getters. It eulogizes self-reliance, picking ourselves up by our boot straps, spitting into the wind and a do-or-die attitude. The world rewards those that play by its rules (Matthew 4:9). Competition, another name for civilized murder, avarice, and lust for power are all camouflaged as a pioneering and entrepreneurial spirit, when the real goal is self-enrichment (1 John 2:16). Please don’t get me wrong, as a firm believer in capitalism I believe that God has given us this earth to nurture and reap from (Genesis 1:28), and that those that sow should reap a rich reward (Zechariah 11:12, Proverbs 13:4; 14:23, Luke 10:7). However, the world’s definition of self-reliance or capitalism makes us hard, greedy, egotistical, self-centered and callous. God’s way of Christ-reliance and being centered on Him makes us compassionate, benevolent and truly prosperous (in spirit, and God willing, materially - Luke 6:38).

I’d like for us to consider Acts 3:6-10. This is the well-known story of a cripple being healed by the Apostles Peter and John. The key verse to me is Acts 3:6, “In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise and walk.” The Name of Christ comes with His Omnipotence. The cripple experienced that power of being Christ-reliant or Christ-centered. The power that comes from being focused on Christ also alters us profoundly. Notice how the healed cripple began praising God and giving thanks to God (Acts 3:8-10). This is in stark contrast to success from self-reliance where one only brags about himself (1 John 2:16).

The Lord Jesus Christ’s life is a splendid example of a powerful life centered on God (Acts 10:38). He walked, talked, lived and served in the power of the Holy Spirit only to please God our Father (John 8:29). His God-centeredness made Him bold (Luke 4:30), unstoppable (Luke 13:32), successful (John 19:30), powerful (Matthew 26:53), prosperous (Psalm 50:10), and invincible (Revelation 1:18).

Do we long for the eternal prosperity and invincibility of the risen Christ? Then we should be more Christ-centered and not dwell much on the fleeting power and wealth this world offers. Are we truly Christ-centered? Then His power and life should be flowing through us to others (John 7:38).

Have a good weekend, saints :).

Reactions: nChrist

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Most Christians who become materially prosperous doesn't do the right thing with their material prosperity.

In fact, further leads them away from the Father and to the false god of this world.

It begs the question whether we are correctly interpreting the scriptures regarding material prosperity or probably biased by the desires of the flesh.

The Bible in fact, as a whole, doesn't explicitly advice that material prosperity is a reward for obedience if one would consider all the teachings in the Bible concerning material wealth, from Old Testament to New Testament.

Upvote 0