Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Tim 1:6 Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Sometimes we just need to be reminded that God hasn't given us a spirit of fear, but power, love and a sound mind.

Sometimes we need to stir it up.

What does that look like in your life? When feeling down, weak, fearful, what do you do to stir it up?

The greatest tool I have found is worship music - There is something about being in worship that brings me into the presence of God and there I find peace and am reminded that I am His child, greatly loved.

How about you?

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eph 5:1818 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,

I've found people who are constantly signing are constantly at peace and constantly overcoming.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im sure a lot of the time God is fed up with all the music and singing.
Worship is obedience.
Not singing.

What i mean by that is that if Any of the singing and music which stirs emotion and carnal senses ..do not result in a state in which the believer then goes out and begins to DO Gods will then it is nothing more them musical lip service to please the carnal nature of what one feels and sees.

I sang and did so for 30 years. And the lord showed me my lack of doing what he says to do is NOT atoned for by stirred up emotions and goosebumps. Rather the words we sing become a testimony against us as we lie in song to the lords face because we do not then GO out and DO as he says to do.
Go heal the sick
Preach the Gospel
Drive out devils
Raise the dead
Cleanse the leper
Baptizing them in Jesus name.
Make more disciples.
-see people reconciled to God.
The ministry of ALL believers .bar none.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes we just need to be reminded that God hasn't given us a spirit of fear, but power, love and a sound mind.

Sometimes we need to stir it up.

What does that look like in your life? When feeling down, weak, fearful, what do you do to stir it up?

The greatest tool I have found is worship music - There is something about being in worship that brings me into the presence of God and there I find peace and am reminded that I am His child, greatly loved.

How about you?
Since he indwells we are never out of his presence ...
Since it is a spirit of power of love and a sound mind.. We sensibly go OUT and love people heal the sick with that power,speak the gospel...with that power..because we are not afraid too since we do not have a spirit of fear..
Thats what it "looks like"...

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Cor 14:4 "he who speaks in a tongue edifies himself"

Praying, singing in the Spirit (tongues), is another way to edify yourself, build up your spirit and overcome the adversities of life. It is perhaps the perfect prayer because it is your spirit speaking directly to God.

Upvote 0