Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear saints, I trust that the Lord had been keeping and prospering you:). The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines a promise as “a declaration that one will do or refrain from doing something specified.” This day and age when promises are routinely made and broken, that definition may sound obsolete and irrelevant. But we do know that all the promises of God (2 Corinthians 1:20) are a “done deal” in Christ our Lord even if some of them have their manifestation in the distant future (Hebrews 11:39). It’s wrong to think or say that God is either slow in keeping His promises (2 Peter 3:9) or worse, forgotten or ignored His promises (Isaiah 49:15). Today, I’d like for us to explore the power in His promises.

I’d like for us to consider Isaiah 55:11. These are the famous words that the Lord uttered through His Prophet regarding the coming Messiah and salvation of Zion (and us). What’s astounding about this scripture is that the spoken promise of God, or His word, is His power. The promise of the Lord is not just a declaration but His Omnipotent power to accomplish His will. Hebrews 4:12 tells us that the word of God is quick, powerful and decisive. The creation story in Genesis 1 narrates how God created the universe, not by doing, but by speaking. The voice of the Lord which proclaims His promises carries His creative power (Psalm 29:4-5). In Genesis 15:13 we see God Almighty making a promise to Abraham that had its fulfillment 400 years in the future! But the promise of God carries the faith generating power which made Abraham to believe and it was credited to him as righteousness (Genesis 15:6).

During His earthly ministry The Lord Jesus made many promises. Some that were fulfilled in His lifetime on earth, and some that will only be fulfilled upon His return. When Christ challenged and promised the Pharisees that if they destroyed the temple (Himself) He would rebuild it in three days (John 2:19), He wasn’t kidding as He did raise it in three days (Luke 24). When Jesus promised Peter that the latter would betray Him three times (Mark 14:30), He wasn’t out of His mind (Luke 22:61-62). Jesus’s promise to Mary and Martha that their brother Lazarus would rise from the dead was no hoax (John 11:40) and not something that would take millions of years but would happen immediately (John 11:44). The Lord’s promise that those who believe in Him even though they die shall live (John 11:25-26) was no joke when many godly who were dead were raised to life (Matthew 27:52-53).

The promise of God is the power of God. Do we believe that saints? I trust that we do.

Have a good week:).