Canada
✟31,014.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high” (Luke 24:49).

What kind of power does God give us?

I read a little bit of the 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene, though I am somewhat turned off by the material. I wonder if it is better to allow God to make me powerful...

Does anyone have knowledge about this?

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Behold, I send the Promise of My Father upon you; but tarry in the city of Jerusalem until you are endued with power from on high” (Luke 24:49).

What kind of power does God give us?

I read a little bit of the 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene, though I am somewhat turned off by the material. I wonder if it is better to allow God to make me powerful...

Does anyone have knowledge about this?
Jesus gives us his compassionate power. It is power to understand others, forgive, and touch people's lives.

Reactions: YCGP
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Scripture you reference of course is regarding the coming of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.

It is better in terms of our spiritual life to understand that we in ourselves can do nothing, apart from Him. We in ourselves can be weak to temptation, must battle our flesh, and so on.

What kind of power are you thinking about? I'm not familiar with that book.

If you want to know about what it can look like when the Holy Spirit works in a Christian's life, read something from the lives of the Saints. St. Paisios is my favorite example, but there are so many. And then realize that is one who has submitted to God and cooperated with His grace.

Upvote 0