Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 62 ESV

For God alone my soul waits in silence;
from him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken.

In America, the church at large, at some point in our history, exchanged our established (in working order) belief system, i.e. our walk (practice) of faith, for a new (alternative) belief system, i.e. a new walk of faith in Jesus Christ.

This new system, though, was not like the old system (arrangement, structure) (1), for it now provided access to a selling off of (a surrendering of) our sexual (or all) purity, and it permitted promiscuity of any (every) type, all under the guise of God’s grace (2).

So, this meant that God was no longer our alone Rock and Salvation, our alone Fortress, but we were being led to follow after false gods, and so our faith indeed was now shaken to the very core.

How long will all of you attack a man
to batter him,
like a leaning wall, a tottering fence?
They only plan to thrust him down from his high position.
They take pleasure in falsehood.
They bless with their mouths,
but inwardly they curse. Selah

Yet when we, the church, fell for (accepted) this new belief system, I didn’t think it all the way through. Others, like me, were probably where I was, too.

But, then, at some point in time, the Lord opened my eyes to see what was going on, to realize the lies that were being passed off as truth. He helped me to see this shift which had taken place in the church, and how very subtly and slowly these lies had been introduced, and accepted, too.

The Lord opened my eyes to where I could see that the naïve and the immature were being led astray by this new belief system, i.e. by this new walk of faith. And, that concerned me greatly. So, I was now determined (by the Spirit) to disown and to renounce this pile of lies being passed off as truth, and to return to the original gospel of the “Old Rugged Cross.”

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence,
for my hope is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
On God rests my salvation and my glory;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God.

Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah

Now I was learning to put my total and complete trust in Jesus Christ, and to truly make him my only Rock and Fortress at all times, even in difficult and hard times which, in times past, I had, on occasion, chosen to escape my pain rather than to trust God through my pain and suffering. Now, through it all, the Lord was strengthening me, maturing me, and purifying me.

Those of low estate are but a breath;
those of high estate are a delusion;
in the balances they go up;
they are together lighter than a breath.
Put no trust in extortion;
set no vain hopes on robbery;
if riches increase, set not your heart on them.

And, hard times are definitely now upon us all. For, the church at large had accepted (adopted) this “New” belief system, which was not like the old system of faith, and spiritually and morally the church began to decline.

They, at large, also adopted the ways of this sinful world in order to attract the world to their gatherings. As well, they partnered with an evil government and the world’s system, and they turned the church into a business, marketed just like any other business with similar gimmicks, tricks, manipulations, deceptions, games, and stage productions, too.

The result, or the byproduct of this spiritual and moral decline in the church, and this acceptance of this new belief system, thus, is war breaking out against the church via those in high positions of authority in the world, i.e. via the hierarchy (ruling body) of the world, i.e. via a New World Order (one world totalitarian government of the Elite “beast” and its one world religion, too). And, the war is physical, spiritual and it is mental, i.e. they fight with weapons of deception, manipulation, and with physical weapons of war.

So, The Lord Called

So, the Lord called me, and I am sure others like me, too, to follow up behind all these lies being permeated by our government leaders and by many of our church leaders, and to expose them for the lies that they are and to proclaim the truths of God’s Word in opposition to these lies.

For, He had now opened my eyes, and he had awakened me to what is presently going on within the gatherings of the church, and within our nation’s government, and in the world, as a whole. So, I could no longer buy into the lies. For, the Lord helped me to see right through them. For, most had become quite obvious by now, too, so that they were hard to miss.

The Lord also called me (and others, I am sure) to warn the church against these dangers lurking all around us, to warn against deceptions and trickery, and to warn against falling into this trap of this new belief system which provides easy access to promiscuity of every type and the surrendering of our moral purity over to that which is impure, immoral and dishonest.

Do Not Trust in Man

So, we are not to put our trust in human beings, for many will fail us. Many will deceive, trick, use and abuse us, too.

We are not to look to humans, or to human leaders in the church or in government to save us (our nation), either, for many of them are part of this New World Order “beast,” i.e. this new ruling body of the world which is at war with the saints of God in our present day and time (See Rev. 13).

In fact, the Bible says we are to come out from among them and to be separate, so we don’t share in their sins and in their punishment. And, we are to touch no unclean thing, and then God will welcome us, and will be a Father to us, and we will be his children (2 Co. 6:14-18; Rev. 18:4-5).

Once God has spoken;
twice have I heard this:
that power belongs to God,
and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love.
For you will render to a man
according to his work.

It took me awhile, though, to fully comprehend the deception that was and is going on within our nation and within the church, at large.

For I, like so many others, had been brought up pledging (vowing) my allegiance (fidelity) to the US government with hand over heart. I sang all the patriotic songs with full vigor and enthusiasm. I voted in every election, believing my vote counted. I thought our military was fighting for our freedoms and that they were our heroes. And, I thought we were the “good guys” and that others were the “bad guys,” which is what they promoted.

It took me a while, too, to fully comprehend this new belief system which had infiltrated the church, and what exactly that looked like, and what it was all about, too. For, its purpose is to destroy the church and the true gospel of our salvation, and it is to send people straight to hell while promising them freedom from their sin and the hope of eternal life with God in heaven.

Responding to Lies

So, God began to have me respond to the cheap grace gospel, which leaves its adherents still bound in slavery to sin. He began to have me expose it, and to oppose it strongly with the Word of God. And, the door that he opened up for me to do this was the internet, where we now, temporarily, are still able to spread the truth of God’s Word and to oppose what is false.

And, there I found that there were others, like me, who also were following the “Old Time Gospel,” and who had a story to tell to the nations, which was not like the story being presented by this new belief system. For, what they were telling was the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ and of our salvation. Praise the Lord for his faithful servants and witnesses!

For, this new belief system has no strings attached, i.e. nothing is required of its adherents, i.e. no repentance, no obedience, no submission and no surrender of self and sin to God and to his righteousness. But, the old system, i.e. the way of the cross, demands repentance, obedience and submission and surrender to Jesus Christ as Lord of our lives, as required for our identity with Christ, i.e. for our salvation from sin.

But, we are in the minority, we who still hold to the truths of the gospel taught by Jesus and his NT apostles. The majority, it would appear, have swung over to the cheap grace gospel, which provides easy access to sinful practices because it demands no death to sin at all, and no living to righteousness. But it, instead, coddles people in their sin and it entertains them in their sin, too, because it is all about appeasing the flesh.

But, even though we are in the minority, God is using us to spread his truths, and people are beginning to listen and to pay attention, too. Some of them may still be opposing the truth, though, and they may only be reading what we write in order to oppose us, but they are hearing the Word of God, and his Word will not return empty, but it will accomplish the purpose for which it has been sent. Amen! God still reigns supreme!

He Reached Down

An Original Work / February 3, 2014
Based off Psalm 18

How I love You, Lord, my Rock and my strength.
My God is my fortress; I hide in Him.
He is my shield and the horn of
My salvation, whom I praise.
I have found my refuge in Him.

He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
Drew me out of waters so deep, I’d sink.
He delivered me from Satan
And my slavery to sin;
Gave me hope of heaven with Him.

My God turned my darkness into His light;
Opened up my blinded eyes; gave me sight.
As for God, his way is perfect.
He gives strength to stand secure.
I have found my vict’ry in Him.

My Lord lives! Praise be to my Savior God,
Jesus Christ, who died on a cruel cross.
He is my Rock and the source
Of my salvation, whom I trust.
I will give praise always to Him.

(1) A.W. Tozer’s “The Old Cross and The New” http://theway2jesus.users1.50megs.com/oldcross.html - Originally published in the “Alliance Witness” (now “Alliance Life”) in 1946.

(2) inappropriate contenteia (the root of the English term “inappropriate contentography”) definition - Strong's Greek: 4202. πορνεία (inappropriate contenteia) -- fornication