mamawolf

Apr 2, 2012
Utah
✟15,241.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My 5 yro son has pdd-nos and it took me 3 weeks to get him day trained when he got home from foster care (long story) but night training i know comes with time especially with special needs wel lhe went almost a year of pretty good day training and maybe 2 accidents every 2 or 3 days now all the sudden he just doesnt feel it pees and poops in his pants almost everytime he has to go. We have had to resort back to diapers not pull ups cuz in one pee he pees soooo much even after going 10 minutes ago in the potty pees so much that he bursts the pull up. I am at a loss as to what to do so is his therapist, my 4 yro is now starting to mimick his brother (the one with pdd-nos) and pee in his pants alot, I am frustrated beyond belief, he has even been told if he stays dry for a day he gets a prize it doesnt work we even tried a big prize of his favorite toy Thomas the tank angine. Nothing is working!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALEA40

Nov 22, 2013
NC
✟8,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry nobody has answered your post before!!! If you've solved this problem please just ignore this post. I have often heard of children on the spectrum reverting back once they were potty trained. People often think it's intentional, but there are many times when it is not. There are many physical reasons that this could be happening. My friend's son started drinking chocolate soy milk and this started happening. Once they took him off soy, he was fine. My son also has PDD-NOS. All of his digestive issues completely went away after starting the Feingold Diet. Our pediatrician recommended it. I recommend that you investigate potential elimination diets to see if one might help you child. You also mentioned foster care. Could there be some trauma from that? I know my youngest loves being the baby. Could he be reverting back to being a baby because it is comforting? I don't know. Maybe there is some type of therapy you can look into if it's emotional?

Blessings to you!!!

Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Allergies would be a good thing to watch for in a situation like this, you're right KEA.

Another thing to point out is that my mother was having fits trying to potty train one of my brothers until she started taking him outside to aim at the anthill. Once he figured out he could kill bugs when he needed to go, he quit having accidents in a hurry. I also know one boy who liked to water trees and another who watered car tires regularly. It's better than washing laundry!

I don't know much about PDD-NOS, but I do know about boys :) hope this helps someone at some point even if the poster has already solved her problem

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
My oldest son was diagnosed with PDD-NOS then later Aspergers along with anxiety.

He was about five before he was fully potty trained. The thing that did it was giving up. There was too much pressure from family and stress over the issue. It was causing both of us to be a nervous wreck. He began hiding in different places around the house to poop.

I reached a breaking point when he smeared it on the carpet and TV after filling his pants.

I put him back in pullups and I told everyone that I didn't care if he popped his pants until he went to college. That would be his problem. I was done, and no one was to say anything. About two months later he started using the toilet at his own initiative.

When my next son came along, I didn't even bother training him. I waited until he wanted to go to the bathroom, and never said a word about it myself. When he went to the toilet every time on his own, I bought underwear for him. He was three years old. I was criticized a great deal, but I didn't care. There was peace in my home.

Last edited:
Upvote 0