✟8,138.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

Yesterday for the first time I attended my local Potters house Church.

The worship was glorifying God and sermon was biblical and preached well.

At the end of the service there was an alter call and the gospel was proclaimed.

Before I left i spoke with the Pastor and he seemed to love Christ and have a passion for

seeing the lost saved and seeing the Saints become more like Christ.

I would like to know more about this church denomination, beliefs, church structure, pros and

cons from people who have first hand experience.

My experience was promising and I can still remember the sermon which is great, however I would like to know more about this church before I go back for another visit.

Kind regards

Reactions: quietbloke

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Only so much can be understood by reading of any fellowship, it is more closely understood on their fruit. It may still be too soon, but I would give it time to see if it is built more on persuasion than it is “power”. Which is the Apostolic tradition all are taught to follow.

My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power, , This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

(1 Corinthians 2:4,5,13)​

Over time, as the apprehension rises due to every practical application used by them, it can be better understood over longer stretches with some, God is able to bring this to our understanding whether they are denying the power or not.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I attended a Potter's House church for about five years. The pastor was obviously spirit-filled and put Christ and the preaching and demonstrating the gospel message at the center of everything he did. My relationship with him is one of the highlights of my Christian walk, and I am a lot more mature in Christ than if I had not met him.

These churches will vary tremendously from one congregation to another. I would suggest you continue attending there and look for the spirit of love among the church elders/leaders and highly committed members. The pastors usually have wide authority, and some of them may tend to be over-controlling at times. The organization has specific behavioral standards for their pastors which may be somewhat over-constraining. If a pastor should act improperly, I would expect correction would more likely come from the fellowship organization than from church elders, although if it is a good pastor who strays a bit I believe an elder would likely make a gentle suggestion and no one else would know there was a problem.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend looking at the wiki article:

Potter's House Christian Fellowship - Wikipedia

They acknowledge that the article is imbalanced, so take it with a few more grains of salt than you give to most wiki articles.

Upvote 0