• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Potential antichrists

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by dms1972, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+1,978
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    See John 16:13

Without making a specific prediction, I have a blog post on this topic.

2. dms1972

dms1972 Well-Known Member Supporter

+566
    Non-Denom
    Single
    But you said yourself you thought there will be some clue in his initials?

Have you changed your opinion on that, in the course of this thread?

3. Sabertooth

+1,978
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I used the phrase "decoder ring" as a metaphor for John 16:13. I am not advocating for a physical decoder ring.

4. dms1972

+566
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Yes I understood that.

And Paul and the other Apostolic writers in their epistles seem to have been part of that ministry of the Holy Spirit spoken of John 16:13.

5. Sabertooth

+1,978
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    This is one of the dividing lines in Christianity. One's relationship to prophecy is vastly different when one subscribes to the idea that John 16:13 is promised to every born-again believer.

6. dms1972

+566
    Non-Denom
    Single
    But you still think it will have something to do with a persons initials, its going to add up to something?Where does it indicate that in scripture. It says you will note , let him who hath wisdom calculate the number of the beast..., it does not say let him who has a vivid imagination come up with conspiracy theories.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019 at 12:13 PM
  7. dms1972

+566
    Non-Denom
    Single
    If it has to do with allegiance, but only those with discernment will recognise the beast, then how can those who lack discerment give any knowing allegiance? If its based on a calculation then anyone with basic arithmetic with be able to "do the math", or anyone who is able to do a simple acrostic, but were is the wisdom in being able to do that?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019 at 12:12 PM
  8. Sabertooth

+1,978
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    @dms1972 , Revelation 13:18 is clear that there will be a degree of obscurity in recognizing that stamp's numerality. (My Bible doesn't include an "edit" function...)

9. dms1972

+566
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Sorry I don't know what your parenthical comment means.

Sure its stated plainly it as six hundred and three score and six.

The only obscurity is from those who confound the whole matter turning it into childish puzzles.

The point is the meaning or significance of his number, not what adds up to it.

:doh:

It therefore takes maturity and a full study of the principles of the book of Revelation, rather than a pocket calculator

10. Sabertooth

+1,978
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    It means (according to Revelation 13:18) that only a limited subset of observers --him who has understanding-- will be able to detect the [600+60+6] aspect of the "number" of his name. It will go undetected by most people.

Conventional Theology would make John 16:13 to be the model for that wisdom. If you don't like the John 16:13 rationale, it would be incumbent on you to provide another standard for said wisdom. Verse 18 precludes universal recognition. (I can't remove that caveat from mine or anyone else's Bible.)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019 at 1:27 PM