Pot legalization

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a syndrome called CHS I read about yesterday that effects some pot-smokers. It makes them vomit a lot. Doctors are starting to become more familiar with it in states like Colorado. One doctor asked a patient who had problems with vomiting if he'd been taking hot showers to relieve it. That is supposed to help calm down CHS related vomiting.

I was able to find this other article on it today.

Does Smoking Pot Cause Vomiting? A New Syndrome

I don't have a problem with pot being illegal, but the government needs to be sensible about it. Locking up pot smokers with real violent criminals, where the pot smokers can learn to be real criminals, isn't a good idea. It is also very costly to fill the jail cells with people deprived of their freedom. And I don't think they should treat marijuana like they treat crack and meth. The level of damage is probably a lot less.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No doubt I'm part that of that older generation you speak of. Yet, I'm not so sure I agree with all their viewpoints.

When I was in HS drugs were abundant, because in our case? Our little farm town had been taken over by subdivisions, and they never did redistrict any of the HS kids...and they (the kids) ran the place. I say that because I doubt it would not have been 'candyland' if we were not overpopulated, and overrun the staff at the high school. I say that remembering an English teacher having pennies throw at her, and all she felt safe to do was pick them up and place them in her desk. Yes, it was nuts. Adults thinking old time thinking, because they couldn't deal with reality at the time.

We were told in Health class that if you ever tried pot? You would DIE in some alley with a needle in your arm. Most of us knew they were lying, and didn't take them seriously. In the meantime plenty during class were cleaning their pot with the health book. Pot seeds rolling on the floors of the classroom. We all knew some smoked pot, and maybe did little of other things...and they were functional. Others we watched as they ruined their lives. One size doesn't fit all. Even if you didn't do drugs you figured that out in our high school. lol it wasn't that hard!

I don't think I'd have an issue with pot - besides medical which I feel if it helps go for it - if we didn't have so many enablers that make to many excuses...and not solutions in this world. If we had some real world - in your face - see reality of drugs culture? Knock yourself yourself out. Smoke away. I'm not speaking so much of addicts, but what you call the lazy ones. The lazy ones? It's not that hard to point them out, but if they say they JUST can't stop? lol the powers that be assume they are addicts, and get thrown in with that lot. They - the lazy ones - know it too. We really have no standards when it comes to that. Deal with the addicts one way, and kick the lazy ones butts in gear.

In the past? You had the hard nosers that did little good. You know the type! Drug users are (insert their fave stereotype). Then you had the second type - Those that claim their 'kids' never did drugs before and someone MUST have influenced them to do so the night they got caught and in trouble. lol! The convenient naive types! They knew it about it until their kids got caught type. That type today is in power, and harm everyone today.

Although what most don't seem to admit? The legal pot today is much stronger than the dirt weed - or the designer kind - I grew up with. They put limits on how lethal (for lack of a better term) liquor can be, and they don't do that with pot. I can also have two beers because I like it, and be perfectly legal to drive. I'm not stoned in other words. lol can pot smokers can say the same? Please. NO! There is a difference. I'm sure beer helps me relax, but I'm AS relaxed as I would be with 2 joints! lol heck even ONE!

I see it as exciting that Parkinson and Seizures can be helped with pot. It's not the ingredients that get people high that help that, but the other good parts. They can take that part out - the TCH? I think that is what they call it. They can get the benefits without the high. Cancer patients get help with the chemo treatments. All those are awesome, because it lessons suffering. I'm all for lessening suffering.

I do think legalize pot is to easy to get - along with the legal pills that are getting people addicted. I see no difference. It's to new, and if anyone saw that CNN special on legal pot? They spoke about how they didn't know how much to give - or what type, etc to help with the health benefits. It was hit and miss. The one story about the child? I can so relate to that. She was helped by hit or miss dosages by her parents from a type that removed the 'high' ingredient. lol tell me that is well regulated! If you are going to sell something help with seizures? Where is the guidance? There was none. lol was that a great idea? Hardly. It wasn't thought out at all. It was rather dumb in fact. lol tell me again how well regulated that was!

There are good and bad parts to legalization. To me anyway.
HannahT:

Up here in Canada in some places you can get it from vending machines.

Of course, the pharmaceutical corporations make huge profits and have little incentive to do testing on marijuana products.

I'm still cautious about it, though; maybe you are also?

Or maybe you have insights from your own family or friends?

Upvote 0

Mantishand

May 31, 2018
Murica
✟57,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a syndrome called CHS I read about yesterday that effects some pot-smokers. It makes them vomit a lot. Doctors are starting to become more familiar with it in states like Colorado. One doctor asked a patient who had problems with vomiting if he'd been taking hot showers to relieve it. That is supposed to help calm down CHS related vomiting.

I was able to find this other article on it today.

Does Smoking Pot Cause Vomiting? A New Syndrome

I don't have a problem with pot being illegal, but the government needs to be sensible about it. Locking up pot smokers with real violent criminals, where the pot smokers can learn to be real criminals, isn't a good idea. It is also very costly to fill the jail cells with people deprived of their freedom. And I don't think they should treat marijuana like they treat crack and meth. The level of damage is probably a lot less.

--------

Last edited:
Upvote 0