Post-Mil Only Postmillenialism weirdness... are there alternatives?

HatGuy

Some guy in a hat
Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
✟123,338.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Okay, firstly, I'm pretty much an Amillennialist. But I'm not a set-in-stone one, it's just that postmillennialism always seems to become... weird.

For example, dominionism and reconstructionism etc. all seem to come from the postmillennial camp. What I see from those camps of thinking is just plain weirdness.

Amillennialism hasn't produced much weirdness, so it appeals to me. But postmillennialism also appeals to me because I'd LOVE to know that some big revival is on its way.

My question is: is there a postmillennialism alternative that doesn't degrade into weirdness? Is there a sort-of inbetween amillennialism and postmillennialism, like a positive amillennialism?

Yes, scripture first. It wouldn't be right to accept a particular view just because I liked it. Which is partly why I'm hoping some of the answers will show why postmillenialism is more scripturally sound. But I do want to say that whenever something isn't scripturally sound it tends to become weird... which is why I'm struggling to really go down the postmillennial route.

Lastly, for goodness sake, does "millennial" have two n's or one? It looks strange every time I write it! :D

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello,

Okay, firstly, I'm pretty much an Amillennialist. But I'm not a set-in-stone one, it's just that postmillennialism always seems to become... weird.

For example, dominionism and reconstructionism etc. all seem to come from the postmillennial camp. What I see from those camps of thinking is just plain weirdness.

Amillennialism hasn't produced much weirdness, so it appeals to me. But postmillennialism also appeals to me because I'd LOVE to know that some big revival is on its way.

My question is: is there a postmillennialism alternative that doesn't degrade into weirdness? Is there a sort-of inbetween amillennialism and postmillennialism, like a positive amillennialism?

Yes, scripture first. It wouldn't be right to accept a particular view just because I liked it. Which is partly why I'm hoping some of the answers will show why postmillenialism is more scripturally sound. But I do want to say that whenever something isn't scripturally sound it tends to become weird... which is why I'm struggling to really go down the postmillennial route.

Lastly, for goodness sake, does "millennial" have two n's or one? It looks strange every time I write it! :D
Since I have absolutely no idea what ANY of your ism's mean, here is my idea of the future
The antichrist arrives on the scene when he is able to bring about a Middle East peace treaty, which will eventually lead to a worldwide peace.
The antichrist is assassinated and after 3 days rises from the "dead", proclaiming himself to be god.
GOD breaks those peace treaties, which leads to "The Day of the Lord - or WWIII.
When mankind is close to the point of annihilation, Jesus Christ will return to establish a TRUE worldwide peace, which will last for 1000 years.
Satan will then be released for a short time - and then there will be a new Heaven and a new Earth.

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,496.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Hello,

It depends on the day you ask me but I moved between Amil and Postmil. I would say Amil isn't exempt from "weirdness." After all, Liberalism and idealism seem to go hand in hand, BUT that doesn't disqualify Amil. Just as the weirdness surrounding Postmil doesn't disqualify the view either. Didn't an Amil proponent claim the star on top of Nazi Christmas trees were a mark of the beast (or something along that line)? Also, if Amil is true, why do so many Amil teachers limit the use of idealism to the book or Revelation? It seems the hermeneutic is used inconsistently. Why limit idealism to Revelation?

Anyway, I'm a Historicist Amil (most days) Postmil sometimes...

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Reactions: HatGuy
Upvote 0