Postahoilcs Anonymous (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((82)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I only have a LCD screen, and currently a rather old Radeon card, but I want nVidia because I've heard it has better drivers for Linux. :) I'm curious, in what way is a CRT better?

Macs are cool, but not as the only computer you have.... unless you get a new one on which you can also install Windows. :) MacOS looks cool, but there aren't many programs which run on it.

Upvote 0

schwarzes_schaf

think for yourself
Mar 21, 2004
Earth
✟91,951.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
all the programms i use run on macs. macs are good for grafic stuff.

crts are better coz .. damn dunno the word. and don't find a translation. will try to explain it.
the colors are better on crts. they are more real like on tfts or lcds. sure flatscreens are ok and i'm happy i have one but when it comes to grafic design or things where colors are important like in corporate designs or colors and so i think crts are better. you understand what i mean? we have a word for that in german but i don't find a translation. :(

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
cool :) yes, I've also heard that colors on LCDs aren't usually as good as on CRTs... so if you do graphics professionally then I guess a CRT is better for you. :)

For me, the most important thing about Windows is not the operating system in itself (it's not as bad as many people say, though :D) but the amount of programs and games available for it.... it's many times more than all other operating systems put together have...

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Jan 19, 2005
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hi! :wave::hug:

cool. a friend of mine uses linux.

I have both Windows XP and Linux on my computer at the moment, and I'm usually on Linux, unless I want to play a game which works only on Windows. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.