Post the heaviest Christian music you got in this thread.

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
For me, the heaviest Christian heavy/metal music has to be the heavy/metal Mass. Because hey, it's the Mass and Old is Gold.

Like:

Hymn 15 -- Hosianna, hosianna (Josef Hadar 1956)

Hymn 332b -- Praise the Good Lord (1640, Heinrich Albert)

I've never heard of these guys! I like the first one better. It seems to have a very classic music type of sound to it and I like it.

Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I absolutely love this version. It made me cry when I listened to it the first time. Very inspiring.

I would totally recommend checking out the new Pantokrator album. It just came out on the 29th of January. It's just as epic as this song by them.

Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would totally recommend checking out the new Pantokrator album. It just came out on the 29th of January. It's just as epic as this song by them.
Do they do any other song covers?

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Do they do any other song covers?

Not in the new album, no. It's all original material in this album by them. They have not one, but 2 songs on the album I would consider "perfect" songs and the rest of the album is pretty good as well.

Here's my favorite song off the new album 'Marching out of Babylon' which is the title track.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've never heard of these guys! I like the first one better. It seems to have a very classic music type of sound to it and I like it.

Thank you. It's not very heavy in the sense (I imagine) you/most folks imagine "heavy metal": deep growls, blast beats, perhaps? But heavy in the (Christian) lyrics, given that these are hymns in the hymnal, based on the Gospels, and performed as part of the Sunday Mass in the church. The first one is actually a very beloved children's Sunday School hymn that I and most people here remember with warmth -- a very good heavy metal rendition, indeed, symphonic Christian metal perhaps? You can call it the Advent or the Palm Sunday March, because it is about "stonemason-rabbi" "the king of peace" Jesus's triumphant donkey ride to Jerusalem.

And you haven't heard of them because while Taage Laiho is a well-known Finnish metal vocalist of Hevinkelium and Kilpi ("Shield"), the other one is a parish house amateur band, and metal gets virtually no air time in the United States, even mainstream heavy metal juggernauts like Nightwish. That's one of the differences between the States and the Old Europe. Heavy metal is listed as our national treasure here in Finland, you know! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Does this count? :p
upload_2021-3-31_10-30-52.jpeg

Upvote 0

BrAndreyu

Jun 1, 2020
Florida
✟30,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One of my favorite albums of all time, I just wish I could find it on vinyl. I collect a lot of straight-edge hardcore but I can't find any vinyl by Living Sacrifice or any of those bands that were big when I was a kid.

Upvote 0