East Ohio
✟7,957.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, so many believe in burial as when we get resurreted, we get newer (perfect) bodies.

I get onflited cause I thought we go to Heaven. Others say heaven will be here on Earth.

If that's the case, what is meant by "perfect bodies"?

Would we all look the same?

Does it mean no diseases and bad geneticsm ie: diabeties, asthma, cleft pallets, etc?

Will we be able to reproduce? If so, won't the Earth get overcrowded?

If not, would we even have genitals, I mean, what wouod be the point?

Also, why would we be excluded from reproduction when the rest of the plants and animals would reproduce?

If we eat animals and plants, than death would still be a factor on Earth. If that's so, what happens if we jump off cliffs? Do we "die"? Would we survive but have broken limbs? Or would our bodies instantly heal?

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, so many believe in burial as when we get resurreted, we get newer (perfect) bodies.

I get onflited cause I thought we go to Heaven. Others say heaven will be here on Earth.

If that's the case, what is meant by "perfect bodies"?

Would we all look the same?

Does it mean no diseases and bad geneticsm ie: diabeties, asthma, cleft pallets, etc?

Will we be able to reproduce? If so, won't the Earth get overcrowded?

If not, would we even have genitals, I mean, what wouod be the point?

Also, why would we be excluded from reproduction when the rest of the plants and animals would reproduce?

If we eat animals and plants, than death would still be a factor on Earth. If that's so, what happens if we jump off cliffs? Do we "die"? Would we survive but have broken limbs? Or would our bodies instantly heal?
I'm doing a study on Heaven and the New Earth right now, so these questions are timely.

When a believer dies, their soul/spirit goes immediately to heaven. There is some Scripture that supports the idea that we remain in a spiritual state until we are resurrected. There is also some Scripture that supports the idea that we have some sort of body.

Heaven will not be on earth. There will be a new heaven and a new earth created. Man was designed to live in a physical body on earth, so God will give us immortal, resurrected bodies to live on the regenerated earth. Heaven will remain for the spiritual world.

A "perfect body" is one with no disease, no built-in death clock, no malfunctioning parts, etc. Our resurrected bodies will be perfect so we'll never wear out, get sick, die, etc. They'll be similar to Jesus' resurrected body.

We will not all look the same. I point to the Transfiguration. Elijah and Moses were there but didn't look the same, since they could be distinguished one from another.

We will not be able to reproduce. In that regard we will be like the angels in heaven. Whether we'll have reproductive organs is not known.

Plants and animals aren't made in the image of God. They don't have spirits/souls. They won't be resurrected into immortal plants and animals.

The only thing we are told we'll eat is the fruit from the Tree of Life, which of course wouldn't kill anything. Other than that, our food supply (although unnecessary) is unknown.

We would not die if we fell off a cliff, since we'll be immortal. I also doubt that we'd break anything since there will be no tears or sadness (and believe me, after breaking 5 bones in my life, there's plenty of tears and sadness that accompanies that!).

Scripture references upon request.

Upvote 0

sorednax

Champion of the 80's
Aug 11, 2011
East Ohio
✟7,957.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A "perfect body" is one with no disease, no built-in death clock, no

We will not be able to reproduce. In that regard we will be like the angels in heaven. Whether we'll have reproductive organs is not known.

Plants and animals aren't made in the image of God. They don't have spirits/souls. They won't be resurrected into immortal plants and animals.

see, I have a hard time with this....of all our experience, nothinbg is more divine, and cloiser to God than the poiwer of creation. Yet you're saying we, who are made in his image and favored above all, will be denied this aspect of existance?

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this is the part nthat bothers me....not reproducing. Nothinbg is more like God than the power of creation, and we, being that which is made in his image, and favored above all, will be denied this.
Clearly a subjective call. There was a time when God was feverishly creating for 6 days. Then there was a time when God rested from creating. Now He's in the mode of maintaining His creation. At the end, there'll be a time for regenerating. There's no reason (and certainly no Biblical support) to think that we'll go on procreating in the New Earth. As Jesus said, "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven" (Matt. 22:30). Angels don't procreate; neither will we.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
We will have glorified bodies similar to the body Jesus Christ has had since his resurrection from the dead. He has been at the right hand of the Father in his glorified body for 2000 years.

Yep. But on a redeemed, restored, earth where the veil that separates earth and heaven that is no longer needed can be lifted. Where all the anticipations we see around Jesus and should see in the church (the sick healed, the hungry fed, the outcast welcomed,..) are fully realised.

Creation is not a mistake to be discarded by a glorious work of God he will restore.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
"For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven" (Matt. 22:30). Angels don't procreate; neither will we.
That seems to be the size of it on that question.

I'm sure they will be ways we continue to be creators in the image of the creator, but procreation won't be one of them it seems.

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm doing a study on Heaven and the New Earth right now, so these questions are timely.

When a believer dies, their soul/spirit goes immediately to heaven. There is some Scripture that supports the idea that we remain in a spiritual state until we are resurrected. There is also some Scripture that supports the idea that we have some sort of body.
When a Believer dies he goes to Paradise (like the thief on the cross) not Heaven to await the judgments and rewards. Paradise is the "holding place" for Believers just as Hades is the "holding place" for the lost

Heaven will not be on earth. There will be a new heaven and a new earth created. Man was designed to live in a physical body on earth, so God will give us immortal, resurrected bodies to live on the regenerated earth. Heaven will remain for the spiritual world.
Heaven is God's domain where the records and rewards are kept. We will spend eternity on the New Earth (see Rev. 21). The new heaven that is created is what we call "space" NOT God's domain. There is no reason to create a new Heaven as Heaven has not been affected by sin.

It is difficult at best to determine what life will be like in Eternity but you can bet it will be more wonderful that we can imagine.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

When a Believer dies he goes to Paradise (like the thief on the cross) not Heaven to await the judgments and rewards. Paradise is the "holding place" for Believers just as Hades is the "holding place" for the lost
Paradise *was* where believers went -- before the Resurrection. Now we go directly to heaven, hence the folks in Rev. 6:9. Also, we're promised that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:8), and the Lord is in heaven.

Heaven is God's domain where the records and rewards are kept. We will spend eternity on the New Earth (see Rev. 21). The new heaven that is created is what we call "space" NOT God's domain. There is no reason to create a new Heaven as Heaven has not been affected by sin.
You don't think it's been affected, even though satan & co. have been there (Job 1:6)?

It is difficult at best to determine what life will be like in Eternity but you can bet it will be more wonderful that we can imagine.
But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." (1 Cor. 2:9)

Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paradise *was* where believers went -- before the Resurrection. Now we go directly to heaven, hence the folks in Rev. 6:9. Also, we're promised that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:8), and the Lord is in heaven.

Jesus is also in Paradise with the Believers who have died and are awaiting the judgments and rewards. You don't really think Jesus is just "sitting at the right hand of God" in Heaven do you?

You don't think it's been affected, even though satan & co. have been there (Job 1:6)?
Again, it's talking about space NOT God's domain.

But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." (1 Cor. 2:9)

Amen.

Sadly many Christians use the verse that tells us Jesus went to Heaven and is sitting at the right hand of God to justify the doctrine that believers go to Heaven when they die.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You don't really think Jesus is just "sitting at the right hand of God" in Heaven do you?
Well let's see...

Mark 16:19
So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.

Luke 22:69
Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God.

Acts 2:33
Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

Acts 5:31
Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 7:55-56
But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!"

Rom. 8:34
Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

Col. 3:1
If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.

Heb. 10:12
But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,

Heb. 12:2
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Pet. 3:22
who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.​

I'm afraid I haven't been able to find any verses that imply Jesus returned to Paradise after the Resurrection. So I'd have to say that yes, I believe Jesus is at the right hand of the Father right now. Do you know of Scripture to the contrary?

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Sitting at the right hand of God" is a term of honor not just a position. Jesus is busy preparing a place for us and in doing such He is all over the place including here on Earth as has been witnessed by some Believers. You need to realize that, as God, Jesus can be many places at once. So for Jesus to be in Paradise (or at the right hand of God for that matter) does not mean He is only there or that He remains there. To say so limits His abilities.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
"Sitting at the right hand of God" is a term of honor not just a position. Jesus is busy preparing a place for us and in doing such He is all over the place including here on Earth as has been witnessed by some Believers. You need to realize that, as God, Jesus can be many places at once. So for Jesus to be in Paradise (or at the right hand of God for that matter) does not mean He is only there or that He remains there. To say so limits His abilities.

Indeed the whole point of a king being on his throne is so that he can rule over the whole kingdom

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Well let's see...

Mark 16:19
So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God.

Luke 22:69
Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God.

Acts 2:33
Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

Acts 5:31
Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 7:55-56
But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, "Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!"

Rom. 8:34
Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

Col. 3:1
If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.

Heb. 10:12
But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,

Heb. 12:2
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1 Pet. 3:22
who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.​

I'm afraid I haven't been able to find any verses that imply Jesus returned to Paradise after the Resurrection. So I'd have to say that yes, I believe Jesus is at the right hand of the Father right now. Do you know of Scripture to the contrary?

Good use of the scriptures! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

The bible clearly states that Jesus is at the right hand of the Father.

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good use of the scriptures! :thumbsup:

For stating the obvious. There is no arguing what Jesus position is today. But the fact remains that "...sitting at the right hand of God" is a statement of honor as well as a position. But there is no Scripture that states He never moves from that position.

Upvote 0