• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Post Millennialism safe house

Discussion in 'Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum' started by JM, Aug 31, 2020.

1. JM

JM Particular Baptist Supporter

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    With the covid lockdowns I began in earnest to study eschatology and actually try to make sense of it without adopting a system. After months of study I realized Postmillennialism was scripturally true and with this clearer understanding of Daniel, Revelation and even the Great Commission, God set me on evangelical fire for lost souls. During our last small group Bible study God blessed us with 5 professions of faith and 5 requests for baptism.

The future is bright folks. Work for God's Kingdom now, proclaim the truth of the Gospel and reach for the lost.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

2. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    Conversion of the Jews:

There will come a time when in this world holiness shall be more general, and more eminent, than ever it hath been since Adam fell in paradise
    . The Scripture speaks clearly, roundly, and fully to this: Deut. xxx. 5, 6, 8, ‘The Lord thy God will bring thee into thine own land, and the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and thou shalt return and obey the voice of the Lord, and do all his commandments.’

This gracious promise was made to the Jews above two thousand years ago, and yet to this very day it hath not been fulfilled; and therefore there will certainly come a time wherein God will make it good: Isa. xi. 6, ‘The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, &c., and they shall not hurt, &c., for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.’

This glorious promise hath not been made good to this day, but there is a time a-coming wherein it shall be accomplished: Isa. xxxv. 8, ‘There shall be a highway, and it shall be called a way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over IT.’ Isa. lix. 21, ‘This is my covenant, my word and my Spirit shall NEVER DEPART from thee for ever.’ Isa. Ix, 21, ‘Thy people shall be ALL RIGHTEOUS.’ Jer. xxxii. 40, 41, ‘I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them to do them good; but I will put my fear into their hearts, that they shall not depart from me. Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and whole SOUL.’ So Ezek. xxxvi. 23-30; Mai. iv. 1, 2; 2 Pet. iii. 13.

Now it is very observable that this great promise must be fulfilled when the Jews shall return and be settled in their own land. And so the prophet Ezekiel, speaking of the glorious state of the church in the last days, Ezek. xliv. 7, 9, adds, ‘Thus saith the Lord, no stranger uncircumcised in heart shall enter into my sanctuary.’ Zeph. iii. 13, ‘The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouths.’

Now the context clearly shews that these words relate to the glorious state of the church on earth, and they have never yet received their accomplishment, but shall in the last days, for he is faithful that hath spoken it: Zech. xiv. 20, 21, ‘Upon all shall be holiness to the Lord.’ I have opened this text pretty fully to you already in my former discourses on holiness, and therefore shall pass it by now, Rev. xxi. verse the first and verse the last, ‘And I saw a new heaven, and a new earth, and I saw the holy city New Jerusalem coming down from God out of HEAVEN. Behold the tabernacle of God is with men, &c., and there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, &c., but they that are written in the Lamb’s book.’

I have formerly proved by several arguments, as divers of you knows, that this chapter cannot be understood of heaven, but must necessarily, and beyond all dispute, be understood of the glorious state of the saints on earth, which they shall certainly enjoy in the last days. By all these scriptures it is most evident that there will come a time when holiness shall be more general, and at a fuller height than ever yet it hath been since man fell from his original holiness; and therefore pray and wait, and wait and pray, look and long, and long and look, for the breaking forth of this day of glory upon the world.

Thomas Brooks, The Crown and Glory of Christianity; or Holiness, the only way to Happiness. Discovered in LVIII Sermons from Heb. 12. 14 (1662) in The Works of Thomas Brooks, ed. Alexander B. Grossart (6 vols, Edinburgh: James Nichol, 1861-67), 4: 434-35.

3. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    What are some of the difficulties of the Postmil position?

4. Hammster

Hammster Safeism is the new religion. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+21,348
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Just like in Reformed Theology, there are difficult verses to deal with. Other than that, the biggest difficulty on here is people trying to read my arguments through their lenses.

5. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    It always comes down to presuppositions and the issue I've found with non-Reformed Christians is that they are unaware of what they are presupposing so the entire structure is built on half truths. Futurism is difficult to kick in North America because it is the sin qua non of conservative orthodox Christianity. The so-called "literal hermeneutic" really ignores literary genre found in scripture.

6. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    202449869_327849642234189_5096806153983977626_n.jpg

Funny, but on the level Amil and Postmil share so much in common.

7. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    202797318_10225570130938684_5332893414641387061_n.jpg

Let that sink in.

8. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others

9. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    202170461_10160987327099908_7952058158341659358_n.jpg

10. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    350519567-4f7e14a0f65bbb04549d111b1d528c32.jpg

11. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    This was good...

12. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others

So true. I think this kind of thinking affects evangelism especially. The few hardcore rapturists I know from church spend all their time sorting out the details of prophecies that have already come to pass.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

13. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    Who is the God of this world?

Heb 2:14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,

Luke 11:22 But when a stronger than he comes upon him and overcomes him, he takes from him all his armor in which he trusted, and divides his spoils.

Col 2:15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

14. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
  15. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
  16. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
  17. Hammster

Hammster Safeism is the new religion. Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+21,348
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
  18. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    Love it! I found a like new copy of Rushdoony's Institutes on Biblical Law for 20$ bucks. Worth every cent.

19. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    A good sermon on why society lurched Left (hint rabid individualism). If we treat our children as radical separate individuals who will choose their destiny we lose them to the Left.

20. JM

+2,925
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    “Our Lord tells us that the Sabbath was made for man (Mark 2:27): it is a witness to our creatureliness, to the fact that we can rest because the government of all things is not on our shoulders, and our Lord is King over all creation.” Rousas John Rushdoony, Genesis: Commentaries on the Pentateuch