Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Just like in Reformed Theology, there are difficult verses to deal with. Other than that, the biggest difficulty on here is people trying to read my arguments through their lenses.

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,496.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Just like in Reformed Theology, there are difficult verses to deal with. Other than that, the biggest difficulty on here is people trying to read my arguments through their lenses.
It always comes down to presuppositions and the issue I've found with non-Reformed Christians is that they are unaware of what they are presupposing so the entire structure is built on half truths. Futurism is difficult to kick in North America because it is the sin qua non of conservative orthodox Christianity. The so-called "literal hermeneutic" really ignores literary genre found in scripture.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,496.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
202449869_327849642234189_5096806153983977626_n.jpg

Funny, but on the level Amil and Postmil share so much in common.

• Haha
Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,496.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

So true. I think this kind of thinking affects evangelism especially. The few hardcore rapturists I know from church spend all their time sorting out the details of prophecies that have already come to pass.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Matthew 12:28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,496.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Who is the God of this world?

Heb 2:14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,

Luke 11:22 But when a stronger than he comes upon him and overcomes him, he takes from him all his armor in which he trusted, and divides his spoils.

Col 2:15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,496.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
“Our Lord tells us that the Sabbath was made for man (Mark 2:27): it is a witness to our creatureliness, to the fact that we can rest because the government of all things is not on our shoulders, and our Lord is King over all creation.” Rousas John Rushdoony, Genesis: Commentaries on the Pentateuch

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,496.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Admin hat on
your-attention-please.jpg

This thread has been stickied and made into the
Post Millennialism Safe House
with an edit to the OP
explaining the rules.

Please read them before you post.

Hat off.

Awesome, thank you!

Upvote 0