Post-millennial Harpazo (the Rapture) poll

Do you believe the Harpazo (the Rapture) to be post-millennial?

• Total voters

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus and Paul place the rapture after the resurrection on the last day. There is no millennium in any form according to Jesus.
Then your vote would be no, because in your view the question is flawed? But you don't want to vote because the results would therefore be misleading?

Why does what Jesus said about raising people on the last day void what is written in Revelation 20 about the thousand years?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This poll is in regards to the harpazo found in 1Thessalonians4:15-18, commonly know as "the rapture".

Do you believe the timing of the rapture to be post-millennial ?

The Rapture of Thessalonians occurs at the return of Christ. The only return.

A literal one thousand year reign hasn't been a part of Christianity for over one thousand years. We are defacto living in that time now.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

A literal one thousand year reign hasn't been a part of Christianity for over one thousand years. We are defacto living in that time now.
So you are saying there is no thousand year physically present on this earth millennial reign of Jesus following his return to planet earth?

By physical, I mean present, just as I could see you and you me, if we were standing talking face to face.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So you are saying there is no thousand year physically present on this earth millennial reign of Jesus following his return to planet earth?

By physical, I mean present, just as I could see you and you me, if we were standing talking face to face.

That is right. The idea of a literal thousand years was bantered back and forth within the early Church. The descriptions of it became carnal and the idea was finally resolved by the Church. The Creed was changed to reflect that Christ's "kingdom shall have no end". As an aside, the Church's rejection of the millennium is the origin of the Islamic view of paradise.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It amazes me that so many Christians can believe that what is going on in the world these days could happen under the reign of Christ.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If Christ is reigning than Satan is bound. History is not supporting this. There are many prophecies specific to when the throne of the LORD is established. Jer 3 is one of them.
14 “Return, O backsliding children,” says the LORD; “for I am married to you. I will take you, one from a city and two from a family, and I will bring you to Zion. 15 And I will give you shepherds according to My heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.
16 “Then it shall come to pass, when you are multiplied and increased in the land in those days,” says the LORD, “that they will say no more, ‘The ark of the covenant of the LORD.’ It shall not come to mind, nor shall they remember it, nor shall they visit it, nor shall it be made anymore.
17 “At that time Jerusalem shall be called The Throne of the LORD, and all the nations shall be gathered to it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem. No more shall they follow the dictates of their evil hearts.
18 “In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given as an inheritance to your fathers.

In Zech 14 is shows the 2nd coming and it has many specifics. Jerusalem is being overrun and half the city goes into captivity. The LORD comes with His saints and His feet touch the mt of Olives and it will split in two. This forms two new rivers one that flows east and these rivers flow year round. The LORD is king over all the earth is declared that day. The nations which are left must from then on keep the feast of tabernacles or they will get no rain. So this account shows life continuing after the LORD comes. The river flows year round and the nation must now come to Jerusalem for tabernacles. So this river is shown in Eze 47 and the one that flows east it heals the dead sea so that it is a prosperous fishing town. And when the happens it says this
13 Thus says the Lord GOD: “These are the borders by which you shall divide the land as an inheritance among the twelve tribes of Israel. Joseph shall have two portions. 14 You shall inherit it equally with one another; for I raised My hand in an oath to give it to your fathers, and this land shall fall to you as your inheritance.
15 “This shall be the border of the land on the north: from the Great Sea, by the road to Hethlon, as one goes to Zedad, 16 Hamath, Berothah, Sibraim (which is between the border of Damascus and the border of Hamath), to Hazar Hatticon (which is on the border of Hauran). 17 Thus the boundary shall be from the Sea to Hazar Enan, the border of Damascus; and as for the north, northward, it is the border of Hamath. This is the north side.
18 “On the east side you shall mark out the border from between Hauran and Damascus, and between Gilead and the land of Israel, along the Jordan, and along the eastern side of the sea. This is the east side.
19 “The south side, toward the South,[fn] shall be from Tamar to the waters of Meribah by Kadesh, along the brook to the Great Sea. This is the south side, toward the South.
20 “The west side shall be the Great Sea, from the southern boundary until one comes to a point opposite Hamath. This is the west side.
21 “Thus you shall divide this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel. 22 It shall be that you will divide it by lot as an inheritance for yourselves, and for the strangers who dwell among you and who bear children among you. They shall be to you as native-born among the children of Israel; they shall have an inheritance with you among the tribes of Israel. 23 And it shall be that in whatever tribe the stranger dwells, there you shall give him his inheritance,” says the Lord GOD.

As you can see the LORD is keeping his oath and when the throne of the LORD is established Israel gets the inheritance. This is when the LORD is king and fits a 2nd coming Satan being bound and a millennial kingdom nicely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A minority among a much larger group is not representative of the group as a whole.
True, but I don't think the majority of Christians believe we are now in the millennial reign.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
True, but I don't think the majority of Christians believe we are now in the millennial reign.

Trust me. The majority of Christians do not hold to the idea of a literal millennium. None of the original apostolic Churches hold to it. And they felt strongly enough about to add to the Creed that Christ's "kingdom shall have no end".

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trust me. The majority of Christians do not hold to the idea of a literal millennium. None of the original apostolic Churches hold to it. And they felt strongly enough about to add to the Creed that Christ's "kingdom shall have no end".
Hi why do you think the kingdom ends at the end of the millennium? It says in Daniel 7 when the pompous one is put down and the son of takes the kingdom that covers the earth and has no end that the rest of the beast have lost their authority and have their lives prolonged a season and a time. So the time we saw in Rev is Satan loses authority and he is bound for a season 1000 years and loosed for a time to tempt one last time the nations. This rebellion is his end and it is completely different than what happens at Armageddon. The kingdom then moves to the new Jerusalem and Jesus is still king and will be forever.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And your source for that is..?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi why do you think the kingdom ends at the end of the millennium? It says in Daniel 7 when the pompous one is put down and the son of takes the kingdom that covers the earth and has no end that the rest of the beast have lost their authority and have their lives prolonged a season and a time. So the time we saw in Rev is Satan loses authority and he is bound for a season 1000 years and loosed for a time to tempt one last time the nations. This rebellion is his end and it is completely different than what happens at Armageddon. The kingdom then moves to the new Jerusalem and Jesus is still king and will be forever.

It is not that I believe that the kingdom ends at the end of the millennium. I do not believe in a millennium. It was rejected by Christianity long ago.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And your source for that is..?

The original apostolic Churches themselves. For instance, the Coptic Orthodox Church, founded by St. Mark. Amillenialist. The Antiochian Orthodox Church, founded by St. Peter. Amillenialist. All of the Churches mentioned in the bible including the Church at Rome, at Ephesus, as Thessaloniki, at Corinth, at Collosse. All of them. Amillenialist.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The original apostolic Churches themselves. For instance, the Coptic Orthodox Church, founded by St. Mark. Amillenialist. The Antiochian Orthodox Church, founded by St. Peter. Amillenialist. All of the Churches mentioned in the bible including the Church at Rome, at Ephesus, as Thessaloniki, at Corinth, at Collosse. All of them. Amillenialist.
Do you have anything besides your interpretation? Something actually, you know, solid and based in facts?

But I can see how you would be confused. Just taking a look at the world of today we find:

Corruption at all levels of government
Hatred, anger, and division among the population
Persecution and murder of Christians in many countries
Large swathes of people/believers abandoning the truth/faith
Plant and animal species dying at an alarming rate
Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

All clear hallmarks of Christ reigning from on high!

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Do you have anything besides your interpretation? Something actually, you know, solid and based in facts?

But I can see how you would be confused. Just taking a look at the world of today we find:

Corruption at all levels of government
Hatred, anger, and division among the population
Persecution and murder of Christians in many countries
Large swathes of people/believers abandoning the truth/faith
Plant and animal species dying at an alarming rate
Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

All clear hallmarks of Christ reigning from on high!

That is not some "interpretation" of mine. That is the unanimous teaching of the original apostolic Churches.

• Haha
Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This poll is in regards to the harpazo found in 1Thessalonians4:15-18, commonly know as "the rapture".

Do you believe the timing of the rapture to be post-millennial ?

Wouldn't one need to be Amil to believe that? Would not all Amils believe that? No Premiller could possibly believe that.

Upvote 0