• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Post here when you feel like cutting (2)

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I want to make a good start to my 18th year. I haven't hurt myself since before my birthday.

Now, I want to. I'm frustrated with schoolwork and I can't even focus to do it because my mind is obsessing over other things.

:( I should know cutting won't help but I sure want to...

Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's day 16 and my winning streak is over. I've been wanting to pull my hair out all day, I can't do that - too visible. I'm doing to have to cut myself as soon as I get home :( I hope I get home alright because some friend problems added to my spiritual struggles have me wayyyy too upset to drive.

But I have to get home somehow. I have no choice.

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
abovetheclouds, is there anything that has helped you when you've been angry in the past besides SI?

graciesings, you can hang in there. Be strong. Grab some ice, or do some drawing or throw a tennis ball at the wall until your arm hurts.

Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thank you, Kristen... I'm afraid I saw that too late? idk.

I don't know if I can make it through tonight without cutting or not. I hope it improves through the week.

I tend to get stuck in a cycle when things like this happen because it's addictive :( I hope hope hope that God will bring me through.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
:( I didn't even KNOW the exam was take home, I thought it was in-class this week. Now I have 4 hours to try to contact the professor and get him to send it to me, study for it, AND take it.

I can't :cry: it's too hard, and I don't even know any of the material.

I think I need to eat something... if the blood sugar boost doesn't make me feel better I'm going to hide in the bathroom and cut myself... I hate to self injure but I've got to live somehow.

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Canada
✟7,821.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Lost inside my head a lot lately. Got an appt with a counsellor on Friday. She's checking with me daily until then but I just feel so sick to my stomach. Want to cut so badly that I can't stop crying. Haven't yet but just... fighting it. Thought I could rely on a friend but he's having a meltdown as badly as I am. Feel like there's no one to trust with this burden - of wanting to cut. Just lost inside my head and it feels like there's no way out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hang in there. :) You can make it through. Do you like to color? I find coloring intricate pictures with fine tip markers very soothing.

It helps but I never have time for that :( even as it is my crayons (what I use) are buried in the mess in my bedroom. And they don't do me any good when I'm in town...

Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've made it for at least two weeks now... But idk if I'll make it through tonight.

I have so much emotion that I can't seem to let out or deal with. Too much hurt and stress... And restlessness.

I want to cry but I don't have tears. I want to try to let it out through music but... Well that didn't work out.

Forgive me, Lord, for what I do and think tonight.

Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wish I'd done it sooner.

My holding out didn't do any good and it probably made this episode worse. And, I could be done with my homework by now if I'd been able to start it two hours ago... As it is I spent those two hours too miserable to study.

:( I need a better way out but other things just don't do it.

Upvote 0