Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
These pharmaceuticals are killing me slow. Sometimes I can barely move, and I've only been taking their [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] for four years. I can barely wrench anymore. I haven't felt a natural high in years. I'll welcome any dieting suggestions, provided you can show me research, or at least some anecdotes; my doctors have completely sold me out to Big Pharma.

So foods to stay away from, foods to stock up on? What are good drinks, and the ones to avoid? I live in Indiana, so my climate's humid. I'm planning on leaving Indiana soon for west Kansas or somewhere alpine. I figure climate should factor in diet.

• Prayers
Reactions: LaSorcia

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Suggestions only:

Eat Whole grain foods, especially unsweetened cereal.
Look for "whole grain" labels on bread.

Avoid white bread altogether. Cut your consumption of potatoes and steak in half. Avoid fried foods. If you are an ice-cream freak, like I am, look for the dietetic brands (look for unsweetened or sweetened with Splenda --- go slow on Splenda, it can have a laxative effect). Cut consumption of pie, cake, and pudding in half. Avoid candy bars. Avoid alcohol.

Eat Fruit.

Drink only 2% milk.

Eat vegetables, tomatoes et al.

Avoid sugar-sweetened soft drinks.

Work up a plan and comply with it.

(You may want to consider western Colorado).

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
These pharmaceuticals are killing me slow. Sometimes I can barely move, and I've only been taking their [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] for four years. I can barely wrench anymore. I haven't felt a natural high in years. I'll welcome any dieting suggestions, provided you can show me research, or at least some anecdotes; my doctors have completely sold me out to Big Pharma.

So foods to stay away from, foods to stock up on? What are good drinks, and the ones to avoid? I live in Indiana, so my climate's humid. I'm planning on leaving Indiana soon for west Kansas or somewhere alpine. I figure climate should factor in diet.

The best "natural high" you can achieve is the endorphin boost from the right intensity and duration of exercise. Much more potent then anything you get from altering diet.

Upvote 0

hopesum

Oct 31, 2017
✟15,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just made a similar suggestion on another thread. Can't lose weight!

There are thousands upon thousands of methods and approaches to health.
I'm not a super Christian, it's just that I have found He seems to answer me more openly (brutally honest) when I come WILLING. Surrendered. He knows you the best. :)

STEP 1: RENEWING OF MIND

I think you're first step might be a renewing of your mind based on what God has to tell you about what's going on in YOUR mind and body. (You're already on your way with posting here and knowing the Rx are killing you! Kudos! Don't give up!) Also, scripture tells us that renewing of mind is done by washing it with the Word. So get applicable scripture and put it everywhere to help you morning noon and night.​

STEP 2: DETOX
Again, go to God and let him lead you on what, where, when.​

STEP 3: NATURAL, SIMPLE, and GRADUAL
The allows for more permanent healthy change.

Less man made foods. More foods as God created them.
Do not look for man made products with promises. Listen to what God has to say.
(Which means you'll have to seek him on it and then be silent to listen) He's no respecter of person.

Stay in the produce section. Don't go down the other isles.​

(Incidentally, I work in PHARMA advertising. The pharmaceutical manufacturers don't care at all about your health, only money. Even the manufacturers that spend thousands on handing out free Rx to the needy, do it for money sake. Trust me. They spend millions in campaigns to say they care... but rake in billions from the addicted and broken. This has been my experience in working behind the scenes of Pharma.)

"I shall not die but live, and shall declare the works and recount the illustrious acts of the Lord." —Psalm 147:3

Upvote 0