Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
With alcohol, it's much more about what alcohol you're drinking. I find Smirnoff to be akin to Listerine, but Absolut, and Stolichnaya? Fabulous! (I'm a student; I don't drink the Goose :p)
I'm wanting to upscale my manliness with Vodka to Kettle One. Screw being 'uppity' with the Goose...I wanna go Gentleman Vodka.

Alcohol in general, does have an aquired taste - but find a drink you like, and it's a lot easier to become accustomed to the other stuff. There was a time, not many moons ago, where the only alcohol I could handle the taste of was 'girlie' drinks like daquiris, pina coladas (not that man can't drink those... I think it looks a silly when the man drinking it is not at an island resort, though), and champagne. Now, I can't imagine life without my shirazes, chardonnays, and pinot grigios.
I agree with you with the exception that out of all the alcohols I've had...nothing is making me used to Scotch. I don't drink enough of Scotch to get a pallet for.

I've gotten out of hard liquor. Before I moved where I'm at, all I had was hard liquor in my little cabinet. So I drank it all up but the Vermouth because I was broke and I had to drink it up.

The affect was now, I'm not in the mood for liquor unless it is a White Russian or a shot to have with a friend. Like I've had only 2-3 White Russians, a shot of Crown Royal, and a shot called, "Wet Crotch" and that is it of the liquors. Which is odd when just a year ago, I was dancing with my Hennessy, or going to sleep with some Gin or Gentleman Jack. To now only drinking beer and once in awhile a bottle of wine??? Yea my secret is, I only drank straight liquor, or mixing straight liquors with other liquors for almost 3 months straight when it came to drinking that it has taken me around a year and a half to even be open minded to having another mixed drink besides a White Russian.

Give me my beer and wine any time though...preferably beer though. I am with my beer as you are with your wines. I can't imagine life without my Porters, Lagers, Belgians, my IPA's, my Double Bocks, my Wheat Beers.

I do agree with you on the guy holding a pina colada and daqueri.

I blame my mother. We never had beer in the house (my father's a rum man), and my ma (wino forever) always said it looked trashy for a woman to be drinking beer. Anytime I drink it, I can't get her voice out of my head.
There are times trashiness is akin to being a goddess.

Reactions: Trashionista
Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
I'm wanting to upscale my manliness with Vodka to Kettle One. Screw being 'uppity' with the Goose...I wanna go Gentleman Vodka.

I don't know about the K1. In my mind, if you want gentlemanly vodka, go with the Ciroc by P.Diddy (or Puff, or Sean Combs, or Diddy.) ;)

The affect was now, I'm not in the mood for liquor unless it is a White Russian or a shot to have with a friend. Like I've had only 2-3 White Russians, a shot of Crown Royal, and a shot called, "Wet Crotch" and that is it of the liquors. Which is odd when just a year ago, I was dancing with my Hennessy, or going to sleep with some Gin or Gentleman Jack. To now only drinking beer and once in awhile a bottle of wine??? Yea my secret is, I only drank straight liquor, or mixing straight liquors with other liquors for almost 3 months straight when it came to drinking that it has taken me around a year and a half to even be open minded to having another mixed drink besides a White Russian.

Haha! I'm like a 12 year old; I want to go to more bars and order the shots that have the most ridiculous names... O, Wet Crotch, Slang term for [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. But I'd be :o.

Anywho, Crown Royal's quite nice with ginger ale, of all things. I have no idea if you're really supposed to mix it with things, but it's a lot cheaper here than it is in the States.

Give me my beer and wine any time though...preferably beer though. I am with my beer as you are with your wines. I can't imagine life without my Porters, Lagers, Belgians, my IPA's, my Double Bocks.

I don't really know a whole lot about beer. But I agree with you on the life wouldn't be as grand without some libations. (Drink responsibly people!)

I do agree with you on the guy holding a pina colada and daqueri.

There are times trashiness is akin to being a goddess.

:thumbsup:

Reactions: Im_A
Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know about the K1. In my mind, if you want gentlemanly vodka, go with the Ciroc by P.Diddy (or Puff, or Sean Combs, or Diddy.) ;)
I'll stick with Kettle One dear. I ain't drinking nuttin dat Puff and Snuff made.

Haha! I'm like a 12 year old; I want to go to more bars and order the shots that have the most ridiculous names... O, Wet Crotch, Slang term for [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. But I'd be :o.
Check your rep comment part soon ;)
Anywho, Crown Royal's quite nice with ginger ale, of all things. I have no idea if you're really supposed to mix it with things, but it's a lot cheaper here than it is in the States.
Understandably so because its a Canadian Whiskey :p
I have a book written by the former Food Critic of Playboy with over 1500 cocktails and all the stuff you need for a party. It is AWESOME. My bible of hard liquor. I'll look it up and pm you some recipes.

I don't really know a whole lot about beer. But I agree with you on the life wouldn't be as grand without some libations. (Drink responsibly people!)
Agreed. When it comes to wine, Pinot Noir is my all time favorite. I hit up a wine bar from time to time and the wine slinger(a really cute former roller derby girl might I add) got me into Italian wines to the point that I may actually have a slight more liking towards Italian wines than I do Californian wines. Not sure yet on that one because the state I live in, makes some fine wines but man were they tasty...even more than Californian stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trashionista
Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
Check your rep comment part soon ;)
Understandably so because its a Canadian Whiskey :p
I have a book written by the former Food Critic of Playboy with over 1500 cocktails and all the stuff you need for a party. It is AWESOME. My bible of hard liquor. I'll look it up and pm you some recipes.

Please do! And check your PMs. :)

Agreed. When it comes to wine, Pinot Noir is my all time favorite. I hit up a wine bar from time to time and the wine slinger(a really cute former roller derby girl might I add) got me into Italian wines to the point that I may actually have a slight more liking towards Italian wines than I do Californian wines. Not sure yet on that one because the state I live in, makes some fine wines but man were they tasty...even more than Californian stuff.

I was so upset in San Francisco. Where else can you enjoy so much wine everywhere, apart from Europe? (And where you live!) I had like, 3 months until my 21st, and no-one would budge on the underage drinking, thing. One would think with all the lovely Italian-Americans, one would turn a blind eye, but... NO! The States is very, very strict with the 'no drinking before 21' thing. Maybe I should've been hanging out in the Tenderloin district, though, who knows. But that kind of soured the Californian wines for me, for a while, at least.

Italian wines really are some of the best. I'm quite partial to Austrailian chardonnays (Lindeman's 65) and shirazes, but a good Italian pinot noir or grigio is the absolute best. I'm still on the hunt for a French wine I prefer to Italian ones, but I have yet to find one I really love. I'm all about the Argentinians when I'm not feeling so financially flush. ;)

It always surprises me when foreign people are so thrilled with Crown Royal. It's good, but it's not really a premium liquor here - but I guess it's like Coke being spendier in Europe than a glass of wine.

Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
aaaand I'm drinking! :preach:

(root beer vodka with root beer....actually it's a friend's booze that I'm technically stealing...shhhhh)

Of course, I'm drinking to forget. Because is there really any other way?

Flip Cup tournaments, Ed Wood marathons...

AND WHO IS MAKING ROOT BEER FLAVOURED VODKA AND WHY DO I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?!

(I half expect Gym to barge in and talk about the terrible things done to vodka, Marty Crane at Cafe Nervosa style, right about now!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was so upset in San Francisco. Where else can you enjoy so much wine everywhere, apart from Europe? (And where you live!) I had like, 3 months until my 21st, and no-one would budge on the underage drinking, thing. One would think with all the lovely Italian-Americans, one would turn a blind eye, but... NO! The States is very, very strict with the 'no drinking before 21' thing. Maybe I should've been hanging out in the Tenderloin district, though, who knows. But that kind of soured the Californian wines for me, for a while, at least.

Italian wines really are some of the best. I'm quite partial to Austrailian chardonnays (Lindeman's 65) and shirazes, but a good Italian pinot noir or grigio is the absolute best. I'm still on the hunt for a French wine I prefer to Italian ones, but I have yet to find one I really love. I'm all about the Argentinians when I'm not feeling so flush. ;)
The wine slinger actually replaced my request with the Italian equal to Pinot Noir and it was SO MUCH BETTER THAN A CALIFORNIAN PINOT. So much better. I don't go there much because...I'll need a taxi cab after every visit if I could afford it. Australian wines are nice. I don't think I have had a French wine...hmm, there was that one bottle that I had that was...yea I don't remember.

Yea the states are quite strict about the age thing. Unless you have 'connections' with the bars, like know the people or know people that have superb connections with the bar, you can't really get away with it. Especially how many bars are doing the driver's license swap. Stores even switching to you have to show your id and that is for the register clerk because she can't make the sale without the id being swiped. Angers 50 year olds when it comes to cigarettes to say the least. I'd hate to see that implemented with inappropriate content mags(if it hasn't been implemented already).
It always surprises me when people are so thrilled with Crown Royal. It's good, but it's not really a premium liquor here - but I guess it's like Coke being spendier in Europe than a glass of wine.
No offense...give me Jack Daniels or Jameson any time over Crown Royal. Yet don't even get me started on Canadian Club...long story with that one and I'll never drink it again.
I do like Crown but I don't think it is some above the par liquor.

Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
Yes...which the secret is coming to light that...
Trashi and I are responsible, moderate lushes!!!

Because I'm not trashy... unless I drink too much. - Snooki. (Truer words were never spoken by that little, Oompa-Loompa :D)

The wine slinger actually replaced my request with the Italian equal to Pinot Noir and it was SO MUCH BETTER THAN A CALIFORNIAN PINOT. So much better. I don't go there much because...I'll need a taxi cab after every visit if I could afford it. Australian wines are nice. I don't think I have had a French wine...hmm, there was that one bottle that I had that was...yea I don't remember.

French wines, in general and IME, have been kind of... average. Not great, but nothing spectacular. The Rothschild Pinot Grigio is okay, but that's still nothing outlandishly grand. I'm sure there are some that are great, and certainly, it's not like French wines aren't sold here, but I'm usually going to choose an Austrailian or Italian wine I know is good, than risk a French one that might be just average or okay.

Yea the states are quite strict about the age thing. Unless you have 'connections' with the bars, like know the people or know people that have superb connections with the bar, you can't really get away with it. Especially how many bars are doing the driver's license swap. Stores even switching to you have to show your id and that is for the register clerk because she can't make the sale without the id being swiped. Angers 50 year olds when it comes to cigarettes to say the least. I'd hate to see that implemented with inappropriate content mags(if it hasn't been implemented already).

My dad told me about that! He was in O'Hare a couple of years ago, and ordered a drink, and they carded him.

He looks and was in is his 50s. He was chuffed, then saw the waitress ask an elderly man, so any feeling that the young bartender might've been flirting with him went out the window.

The inappropriate content mags would be interesting. Everything I've read suggests that Playboy has experienced a major dip in sales with the internet, and Playgirl generally is now all internet, with the exception of the Levi Johnston issue. I can't imagine carding 16 year old boys with peach fuzz does much for business. Playboy, and Cosmo for that matter, are really resting on their laurels at this point, but that's a whole 'nother thread.

No offense...give me Jack Daniels or Jameson any time over Crown Royal. Yet don't even get me started on Canadian Club...long story with that one and I'll never drink it again.

Canadian Club truly is disgusting. It's a big stocking stuffer, for whatever reason, along with that Appleton's Jamaican Rum and LAMBS. I have no idea why the liquor stores come out with sets at Christmas time for those too, but good grief, they're disgusting.

Upvote 0

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Flip Cup tournaments, Ed Wood marathons...

AND WHO IS MAKING ROOT BEER FLAVOURED VODKA AND WHY DO I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?!

(I half expect Gym to barge in and talk about the terrible things done to vodka, Marty Crane at Cafe Nervosa style, right about now!)

1. I pretty much only drink to forget, though. Good times @ my casa.
  2. I don't know where it's from! My buddy left it here and I had a little tasty taste.
  3. Hahahahahaha.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because I'm not trashy... unless I drink too much. - Snooki. (Truer words were never spoken by that little, Oompa-Loompa :D)
LOL I slightly wish I got trashy when I am lit. At least then I'd have a little trashy in me...but yet, I just become a drunker version of me.

My dad told me about that! He was in O'Hare a couple of years ago, and ordered a drink, and they carded him.

He looks and was in is his 50s. He was chuffed, then saw the waitress ask an elderly man, so any feeling that the young bartender might've been flirting with him went out the window.

The inappropriate content mags would be interesting. Everything I've read suggests that Playboy has experienced a major dip in sales with the internet, and Playgirl generally is now all internet, with the exception of the Levi Johnston issue. I can't imagine carding 16 year old boys with peach fuzz does much for business. Playboy, and Cosmo for that matter, are really resting on their laurels at this point, but that's a whole 'nother thread.
True...which to me is sad. Now I don't read/look/watch Playboy, but what I have liked about the Playboy that I have seen...it is so much more tasteful and just illustrations of naked women as compared to the likes of Hustler or the push for something more 'real' like the girl next door nonsense. Yet in my opinion, viewers of inappropriate content aren't out for tastefuls, they want the full fledge nitty gritty. I would argue that Playboy shouldn't even be considered 'inappropriate content' but like you said...that's another thread :p Yet while I do agree with you with the 16 year old comment...that would be hiliarious to be the person behind the 16 year old boy getting carded because he wanted a Playboy or something. I would love to see that happen.

I don't mind the strictness to the laws here. I think its good. What I hate is paying a hefty sin tax for things of that nature. Thankfully I quit cigarettes so I no longer pay double taxes ya know? :p

Canadian Club truly is disgusting. It's a big stocking stuffer, for whatever reason, along with that Appleton's Jamaican Rum and LAMBS. I have no idea why the liquor stores come out with sets at Christmas time for those too, but good grief, they're disgusting.
I have never had Appleton's Jamaican Rum. I do not drink Rum...unless it is with a friend. The last time I had Rum was when I was on a date and her and I got hammered downtown Columbus, Ohio with me being a cracka with his hands in the air from the West Side to the East Side and this Nabisco doesn't listen to that c-rap. Since then...I think I was 21, I have only had one shot of Rum since then. So no spirits from Jamica'man will convince me otherwhise. Captain Sparrow can stay on the seas.

Yea I agree about the Canadian Club. I had it with Club Soda. The club soda didn't save it.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I get you an MacFall confused.

What a coincidence, I get you and MacFall confused too. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Another secret: I miss Ethie :(

Me too. Although I do see her on Facebook, it's not quite the same.

My secret: My greatest, most ambitious writing project - likely to take the form of a series of four novels - is based upon a fantastic daydream I often had during my childhood.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Even though I'm hispanic I can't speak Spanish. :doh:
you are hispanic? never would have guessed that
do you mind me asking what nationality your heritage is?

do not feel too bad, my grandmother came from Italy and I can not speak Italian

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I had a really nice Pinot Grigio from New Zeland
i normally go for red wine Pinot Noir is nice, what was the one you got?
I am a snob i do not buy wine a lot so i normally get italian or french or sometimes an argintine or new zeland wine

Upvote 0