• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Post a Bible verse (4)

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by ceh85, Aug 27, 2014.

1. SnowyMacie

SnowyMacie Well-Known Member

+5,933
    United States
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

2. Journey.In.Grace

Journey.In.Grace Daughter of the One True King

+1,422
    United States
    Baptist
    Celibate
    Psalm 27:14

This whole year has been about waiting. Waiting for what? So many things! Little by little the Lord is revealing it to me, and I still have to be still and wait, and this verse is a constant reminder that not only must I wait but patience is required of me. I am taking joy waiting in the Lord for I know He is in control.

3. alsughasoughaiuyfygh

alsughasoughaiuyfygh Well-Known Member Supporter

+12,835
    Canada
    Christian
    Private

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  4. yuppers

yuppers Active Member

+214
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    Ecclesiastes‬ ‭10:10‬ ‭NLT

“Using a dull ax requires great strength, so sharpen the blade. That’s the value of wisdom; it helps you succeed.”
    ‭‭‬‬

5. OcifferPls

OcifferPls Berean Baptist

+313
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Psalm 107

6. yuppers

yuppers Active Member

+214
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    ‭1 Peter‬ ‭5:10‬ ‭NLT

“In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.”
    ‭‬‬

7. Travelers.Soul

Travelers.Soul Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover

+8,651
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    [​IMG]

8. yuppers

yuppers Active Member

+214
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    ‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭7:4‬ ‭NLT

“A wise person thinks a lot about death, while a fool thinks only about having a good time.”
    ‬‬

9. Rhamiel

Rhamiel Member of the Round Table

+8,956
    Catholic
    Single
    Jude 1:7
    7 Likewise, Sodom, Gomorrah, and the surrounding towns, which, in the same manner as they, indulged in sexual promiscuity and practiced unnatural vice, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire

10. OcifferPls

+313
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. (Eze 16:49,50)

And they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the [the two men/angels] who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them." (Gen 19:5)

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. (Heb 13:2)

...some things [are] hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as also the rest of the Scriptures. (2 Pe 3:16)

He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. (John 12:48)

For it is written:
    “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
    And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”
    (1 Cor 1:19)

11. Travelers.Soul

+8,651
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    [​IMG]

12. OcifferPls

+313
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me. Mat 25:40

13. FredVB

FredVB Regular Member

+658
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.

14. yuppers

yuppers Active Member

+214
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    ‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭1:27-29‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful. God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important. As a result, no one can ever boast in the presence of God.”

15. yuppers

yuppers Active Member

+214
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:43-44‬ ‭NLT

Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.
    ‭‭

16. MrMoe

MrMoe Part-Time Breatharian

+3,202
    Christian
    Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

17. Ubuntu

Ubuntu wayfaring stranger

+514
    Protestant
    Single
    "The LORD is an eternal God, the creator of the whole earth. He does not get tired or weary; there is no limit to his wisdom. He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy."

Isaiah 40:28-29

18. Travelers.Soul

+8,651
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Isaiah 49:15-16

[15] “Can a woman forget her nursing child,
    that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
    Even these may forget,
    yet I will not forget you.
    [16] Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
    your walls are continually before me. (ESV)

19. Swan7

Swan7 Made in the image of His Grace Supporter

+7,300
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  20. Rhamiel

Rhamiel Member of the Round Table

+8,956
    Catholic
    Single
    1 Corinthians 10:20

But the things which the heathens sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God. And I would not that you should be made partakers with devils.