Visit site
✟16,224.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hi what if you only have like 5 minutes? There are times when I might have said something to someone but have thought, hey I'm in a store shopping and the other person is probably doing the same.

Also, I go work at a location 30 minutes away from me. I dont' work for them, I do contract work. How can I make the most of this? I've thought of taking tracts from church...

thanks
Jan

KnowBeDo

Raising Godly Offspring
Nov 27, 2005
✟30,232.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There are many ways to witness that don't involve a gospel presentation. Don't get me wrong, it would be great if we had a receptive audience to hear the gospel in times like those. Just letting them know that you are a believer may plant a seed though. I have to remind myself of that all the time. For instance if some makes a comment that I may normally say "thank you" in response of, I try to say "thanks, God is good", or something like that.

I'm sure many people will give you some great ideas.

Upvote 0

Live4HimAndLoveOthers

Sep 1, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟16,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you only have a few seconds to talk to someone, give them a gospel tract. But instead of saying, "Would you like one?" (which gives them the opening to say, "No, thanks"), say, "Did you get one of these?" Sometimes they will say "No" and gladly take it. Asking "Did you get one of these?" often makes them feel like they're missing out on something (which they are!!), so a lot of times they will say, "Thank you!" Other times they will ask, "What are they?" That can give you an opening to tell them about Jesus, and you can take just 5 minutes to tell them, if that's all the time you have. A really great place to get gospel tracts is livingwaters.com.

Upvote 0

Live4HimAndLoveOthers

Sep 1, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟16,282.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You could also work whatever they are doing at the moment into an ice breaker. You can be creative with this. Jesus did this when He first chose the Disciples. They were fishing, and He said, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men."

Here's another tried and true idea, which many people have used for years:

Ask them: "Have you ever thought about what happens to you after you die?" ...or you could say... "If you were to die tonight, do you know whether you would go to Heaven or Hell?"

Of course, there are many possible responses you might hear from people. They might say, "I don't believe in Heaven or Hell," or they might say, "I HOPE I'm going to Heaven," etc.

For example, if they say, "I HOPE I'm going to Heaven," you might reply with, "Well, do you consider yourself to be a good person?" Most people will say, "Yes."

You could then say, "Well, God's standard is the Ten Commandments. Have you ever told a lie in your entire life...even a small one, or maybe even when you were young?" Most likely they will say "Yes."

Then you could say, "And I think probably everyone has. What do you call a person who lies?"
(If they say something like "human," then say, "Well, if I was lying to you, what would you call me?" Get them to say the word "liar.")

"Have you ever stolen anything, no matter how small that thing was?" Most people will say, "Yes."

"OK. So have I. And thank you for your honesty. And what is a person who steals called?" (Again, get them to say, "A thief.")

Let me ask another question: Have you ever looked at a woman/man with lust?"
"Yes." (Every guy I've ever know has done this.)

"Well, Jesus said that anyone who looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery in his heart. God looks not only at your outward actions, but also at your heart and your attitude.

So, you've just said that you are a liar, a thief, and an adulterer. Those are just 3 of the 10 Commandments, and you've just admitted to breaking them. So, when you stand before God on Judgment Day, based on the Ten Commandments, will you go to Heaven or to Hell?"

(Sometimes people will say "Heaven." If you ask them why, they often say, "Because God is a loving God, and He forgives." Then you can talk about God being a just God, and use examples like the unjust Judge, etc.)

Anyway, I don't want to go into a long presentation here, but that could be a start. Point out the Law to them so that they will understand WHY they are a sinner. Then, once they understand and admit to themselves that they are a sinner, and that they are headed for an eternity in the Lake of Fire (a place you would not even want your worst enemy to go to!), then share the Good News with them. Repentance is the key for them to truly get saved.

Above all, pray for them and for your talk with them. And do it with love and compassion, following the leading of the Holy Spirit. And be honest with them.

Upvote 0