Possible to form relationship with somebody I met on Zoom?

Aron Tesfay

Aug 12, 2020
Philadelphia
✟7,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
So I've been doing virtual church on Zoom since March due to the pandemic. The group mostly consists of young people from different states in the US. There is a girl in this group I have picked up interest in. We have even texted a few times. I would like to get to know her more and possibly form a relationship (i.e. courtship/dating) if it works out down the road. The problem is, I don't know how to proceed. Should I let her know right away that I like her and would like to get to know her more? Or should I just keep chatting with her more and see how it goes? She lives in a different state so the only way to communicate (at least for now) is via text and voice/video calls.

Thanks and God Bless!

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So I've been doing virtual church on Zoom since March due to the pandemic. The group mostly consists of young people from different states in the US. There is a girl in this group I have picked up interest in. We have even texted a few times. I would like to get to know her more and possibly form a relationship (i.e. courtship/dating) if it works out down the road. The problem is, I don't know how to proceed. Should I let her know right away that I like her and would like to get to know her more? Or should I just keep chatting with her more and see how it goes? She lives in a different state so the only way to communicate (at least for now) is via text and voice/video calls.

Thanks and God Bless!

Yes, you definitely need to let her know you have romantic interest in her as soon as possible. There's multiple reasons for this. 1. There's a high risk you will be friend zoned if you wait to long. 2. If she's single, she's not going to stay that way forever. 3. If she has no interest in you, it's better to know now before any real emotions develop. Honestly, if she gave you her number she either has interest in you as well or you've already built too much comfort and are in the friend zone. Start SUBTLETY dropping hints that she has qualities you find attractive in a mate and you'll find out where you stand pretty quickly. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Aron Tesfay
Upvote 0

Aron Tesfay

Aug 12, 2020
Philadelphia
✟7,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Yes, you definitely need to let her know you have romantic interest in her as soon as possible. There's multiple reasons for this. 1. There's a high risk you will be friend zoned if you wait to long. 2. If she's single, she's not going too stay that way forever. 3. If she has no interest in you, it's better to know now before any real emotions develop. Honestly, if she gave you her number she either has interest in you as well or you've already built too much comfort and are in the friend zone. Start SUBTLETY dropping hints that she has qualities you find attractive in a mate and you'll find out where you stand pretty quickly. Best of luck!

Alrighty. All good reasons. Thanks!

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks and God Bless!

I have to agree with the other posters. When I was young I was friends with various young women, and I did quite like them. But I never plucked up the courage to say something. Looking back, I distinctly remember one of the saying about me "he would make a good husband". I dismissed it at the time, feeling a little insecure. It could have turned into something, if I was more honest about my feelings. All that said, today I am happily married to some one else, but it does not hurt to let feelings be known. Just be sensitive about it, and know that the other person may shut you out if they feel overwhelmed.

Reactions: Aron Tesfay
Upvote 0

Aron Tesfay

Aug 12, 2020
Philadelphia
✟7,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I have to agree with the other posters. When I was young I was friends with various young women, and I did quite like them. But I never plucked up the courage to say something. Looking back, I distinctly remember one of the saying about me "he would make a good husband". I dismissed it at the time, feeling a little insecure. It could have turned into something, if I was more honest about my feelings. All that said, today I am happily married to some one else, but it does not hurt to let feelings be known. Just be sensitive about it, and know that the other person may shut you out if they feel overwhelmed.

Gotcha.

Upvote 0

Aron Tesfay

Aug 12, 2020
Philadelphia
✟7,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Just wanted to let you guys know I did ask her out and she apparently has a boyfriend. It sucks but I've gotta believe that it wasn't God's plan and move on

And thanks a lot guys for your answers! I really do appreciate it.

P.S. If you have any words of encouragement, I could use some right now :)

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I live in TN
While playing on this forum I came across a young lady.
She lived in GA.

She has been my wife for ten years now.

But...

You are a Christian male who lives out his faith.
Numerically speaking, you are a Unicorn.... mythological.

And when the masses of single Christian women figure out that you are a normal but Christian man and available for a relationship... you won't be single long... especially if you have a solid education or career.

Upvote 0